Derby County vs Newcastle United

SouthernRam

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beaten by a side superior physically, tactically and confidence wise.

Not much more to say really. We are a bottom half team and will get beaten more than we win this season as the rebuilding goes on. A truer test will be how we do against other mid table sides and how things change again in the January window. Promotion or playoffs is not an option this season but I never expected it to be.

Players look devoid of confidence once they go a goal down but that has been the case for a long while now. Anya looked lively on his debut and a couple of nice moments from Vydra despite feeding on scraps. Russell needs dropping and given a long rest - he offers nothing defensively and loses the ball every time he has it.

We also need to stop over playing at the back and hit earlier balls into the channels in order to play to our 'strengths'. At present we just give the opposition to much time to get organised and use up a lot of effort going nowhere. Pearson needs to continue what he has started and the fans need to remain patient as change takes place but all it takes is a couple of wins and confidence in the new system will build. 

A mid table finish with more of the deadwood shifted out and a strong second half to the season will do me just fine this season. ?

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I don't think anyone is calling for a managerial change, least of all me. 

I firmly believe that Pearson has taken a team that most managers could get into the top six with ease and weakened it, significantly, and will possibly fail to make the top half. However, I don't think a managerial change will help at this point. He's looking to build the team he wants and if we don't give him time then no one will benefit. 

I'd suggest that he has until the summer, regardless, and if we don't finish in the top six then he gets sacked. It's absolutely unacceptable for anyone going into a job that they can take it backwards and be considered a success. 

That's far more rational and sensible than a lot of posts I've read of the forum this season, and suggests that we've at least got to ride out the poor start. 

Suggestions to bring Clough back, who took 5 seasons to turn it around, are ludicrous. 

At the moment I'd prefer a half empty iPro and supporters who support than the embarrassments who boo our own team at half time.

Right let's try to make sense of that. Yet another absolutely toothless, half arsed performance- no game plan yet again with further hopeless long balls forward. I can't see where this is going, I really can't- the only direction the club has is towards the relegation zone. The inability of our players to even play basic 5 yard passes is beyond ridiculous. We look a team bereft of all ideas and any form of confidence and I really can't see where our next win, or even next goal is going to come from. Anyway my ratings for what it's worth...

Carson: 4- didnt actually have a huge deal to do however distribution was dodgy and that last goal... Wtf

christie 4- got forward well at times but no end product and passing was dreadful

keogh 4- again tbf brought the ball out well at times but couldn't clear the ball and misplaced simple passes

shackell 5- generally fairly solid defensively dunno why he was taken off ahead of keogh but constant hoofs let him down

Olsson 5- got forward fairly well and at times was a goal threat, but again simple ******* passes were off

russell 1- literally I don't think he could have played any worse, couldn't pass, shoot or even run- if he starts Tuesday I give up

bryson 3- dreadful first half, improved second with more driving forward rather than sideways passes

hughes 7- one of the only players to come out with credit, did all he could with limited chance

anya 6- tried his hardest, lots of energy- Anita had him in his pocket however

wilson 4- anonymous first half, did a little better second half before being withdrawn 

vydra 5- started really well, fast feet and brain, had limited service to show it with and became quiet second half

something needs to change very fast, Pearson won't make it more than a couple more weeks unless it does imo

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Right let's try to make sense of that. Yet another absolutely toothless, half arsed performance- no game plan yet again with further hopeless long balls forward. I can't see where this is going, I really can't- the only direction the club has is towards the relegation zone. The inability of our players to even play basic 5 yard passes is beyond ridiculous. We look a team bereft of all ideas and any form of confidence and I really can't see where our next win, or even next goal is going to come from. Anyway my ratings for what it's worth...

Carson: 4- didnt actually have a huge deal to do however distribution was dodgy and that last goal... Wtf

christie 4- got forward well at times but no end product and passing was dreadful

keogh 4- again tbf brought the ball out well at times but couldn't clear the ball and misplaced simple passes

shackell 5- generally fairly solid defensively dunno why he was taken off ahead of keogh but constant hoofs let him down

Olsson 5- got forward fairly well and at times was a goal threat, but again simple ******* passes were off

russell 1- literally I don't think he could have played any worse, couldn't pass, shoot or even run- if he starts Tuesday I give up

bryson 3- dreadful first half, improved second with more driving forward rather than sideways passes

hughes 7- one of the only players to come out with credit, did all he could with limited chance

anya 6- tried his hardest, lots of energy- Anita had him in his pocket however

wilson 4- anonymous first half, did a little better second half before being withdrawn 

vydra 5- started really well, fast feet and brain, had limited service to show it with and became quiet second half

something needs to change very fast, Pearson won't make it more than a couple more weeks unless it does imo

If we get relegated under Pearson I'll send you a tenner and your very own Chris Martin cardboard cut-out, free of charge.

EDIT: FWIW, I think your player assessments are wildly inaccurate in the vast majority of cases. Keogh played well today.

Just now, McLovin said:

Hope we stick with Pearson. This issue isn't going to magically go away if he leaves

There are far bigger issues that should have been sorted in the window which haven't been done, however Imo pearsons tactics have been all over the place so far, he doesn't seem to be able to get the team playing together with any sort of game plan or direction

Archived