Jeff Hendrick - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Tongue in cheek tbf.... what i mean is his performances for ireland compared to what he does for us generally pales in 2 insignificance 

Go on then, tell me, what exactly did he do in the Ireland games that made his contribution for Derby 'pale into insignificance'? Name one thing he brought to their team that he hasn't provided for us at some point over the last 5 years.

3 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

I'd say that in general that the prem isnt the same style of football as the Champ, its not as physical and less teams press quickly like they do in the Champ. 

Another total myth. The style of play may be less focussed on teams lumping it into the box to win matches through set pieces, but as a rule players in the Premier League are bigger, faster and stronger than their Championship counterparts, they're just as physical and then some. 

Hendrick has flashes of greatness, particularly this year where he's shown more turns of skill than ever before, but these have only ever been flashes across a fairly lengthy DCFC career now.

Whether he gets sold for more than he's worth or stays to give it a good go under Pearson, I'm happy either way. I'm not going to be kept up at night wondering if he could have been the man to take us up if he goes and I won't be raging about how inconsistent he is if he stays. Wouldn't be surprised if Pearson suits him down to the ground.

Its a win win, chaps. Dunny worry.

9 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Currently rocking that look myself, still not as bad as Craig Fagin IMO.

In fairness to Fagan, he was one of the few players who had a couple of decent games and did get a move to another Prem club.

However, it is akin to someone not liking coconut being given the choice of a bounty or a cat **** sandwich.

1 hour ago, maydrakin said:

In fairness to Fagan, he was one of the few players who had a couple of decent games and did get a move to another Prem club.

However, it is akin to someone not liking coconut being given the choice of a bounty or a cat **** sandwich.

Thats what I meant, he wasnt good all the time but he was one of a few who at times looked decent whereas in the Champ he never did...like you said he earned a move to another prem club and im pretty sure he had a good first season at hull too

1 minute ago, DCFC 4 LIFE 123 said:

I think we should keep Hendrick and sell Johnson to Norwich or someone

Johnson won't be sold.

I believe he will come good in the end.

Just had a poor second half of the season and needs to start this season positively. 

Give him 6 months and he'll be quality under NP

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-boss-nigel-pearson-responds-to-will-hughes-jeff-hendrick-transfer-talk/story-29474270-detail/story.html

NIGEL Pearson has stressed that Derby County are not looking to move on any of their assets amid transfer talk surrounding midfielders Will Hughes and Jeff Hendrick.

Speculation has linked the Academy products with other clubs.

Manchester United are eyeing Hughes, according to one national newspaper, while Hendrick has been linked with a number of clubs following his performances for the Republic of Ireland at Euro 2016 finals in France.

Such speculation does not surprise Pearson.

"It is part and parcel of football," said the Rams manager.

"It's something you have to deal with and and also make things very clear.

"Firstly, we will do whatever we can to keep hold of our best players.

"They are assets, and if you lose your assets you lose them on your own terms.

"I have got no intention of really entering into any sort of debate regarding how things have been reported. You won't hear me getting involved in those sort of debates."

Asked if Hughes and Hendrick are among the 'assets', Pearson replied: "Absolutely."

Pearson's stance, clearly, is not to be drawn on speculation.

"You will not hear a lot from me until things happen, It is always the correct way to do your business," he said.

"I want to get the best out of the players I already have here and certainly if we add to it then the players who come in we feel will bring more to the squad."

Pearson kept his eye on how the Derby players performed at Euro 2016.

Hendrick and Richard Keogh featured for the Republic of Ireland. Cyrus Christie was also in the squad but he did not get any game time.

Chris Baird made one appearance for Northern Ireland at the championships.

When talk turned to Hendrick having received plenty of attention, Pearson said: "Yes, he has, and rightly so. He performed very, very well."

Nixon is saying Boro are looking at Jeff. I've heard separately that Everton are considering him. I get the feeling he believes he needs to be playing in the Prem to press on. If he does go I hope Koeman's Everton is the place as that would be an excellent move for the lad, plus they have a lot of cash to splash with their new owners.

14 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Lewis Cook moving to Bournemouth for 6m - this surely means Hendrick is at least 8m+

Obviously it's all about opinions, but judging by Leeds' fan's opinions of Cook and Derby's fan's opinions of Hendrick (pre Euros), I'd say Cook is probably the better and more consistent player. Leeds fans praised Cook as much as we do Hughes and before the Euros Hendrick only received a bit of praise here and there from Derby fans. Although hopefully Hendrick's Euro performances have done enough to inflate his fee up to the figure you suggested.

11 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Obviously it's all about opinions, but judging by Leeds' fan's opinions of Cook and Derby's fan's opinions of Hendrick (pre Euros), I'd say Cook is probably the better and more consistent player. Leeds fans praised Cook as much as we do Hughes and before the Euros Hendrick only received a bit of praise here and there from Derby fans. Although hopefully Hendrick's Euro performances have done enough to inflate his fee up to the figure you suggested.

Why does his value depend upon what we say (or have said) about him? (or what Leeds fans think about Cook)? Hendrick is now an established international whereas Cook is a young kid with a lot to prove - that would suggest that as things currently stand, Hendrick should be worth more than Cook. Cook may be worth more in time, but at the moment, if he's worth £6M, then we should be disappointed if Jeff is worth less than £8-10M.

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

Why does his value depend upon what we say (or have said) about him? (or what Leeds fans think about Cook)? Hendrick is now an established international whereas Cook is a young kid with a lot to prove - that would suggest that as things currently stand, Hendrick should be worth more than Cook. Cook may be worth more in time, but at the moment, if he's worth £6M, then we should be disappointed if Jeff is worth less than £8-10M.

It obviously doesn't depend upon what we have said about him, I was just using that as a way to compare the two players as I've not seen enough of Cook to compare the two. Stating Hendrick being an established international and Cook not as a reason for Hendrick being worth more than Cook is a bit silly. I'm sure if Cook was Irish he'd probably be an established international already, or very close to being one. James McClean is an established international for Ireland, whereas Jordon Ibe is a young kid with a lot to prove .... by your reasoning, that would suggest McClean should be worth more than Ibe?

20 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

@Cam the Ram's point is that Leeds fans didn't just say Cook had potential. They said he was consistently the best player in a game at the same level that Hendrick plays in, and Hendrick has never been consistently the best player in our side (as we always complained about). In fact, he's never been good enough to be consistently in our team at all.

What we think of them doesn't actually mean much, you're right, but what fans say about players gives you good sense of their general quality. Hendrick isn't suddenly better than every championship midfielder because he did well at the EUROs. 

EDIT: For **** sake, Cam.

49 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Not much to compare Cook to at Leeds though , were Jeff has good players all round him so probably doesn't shine as much . Just to add not that I wouldn't sell Jeff for the right money I 100 % would but he's got to be around the same money as cook if not more due the international experience. 

On 7/4/2016 at 07:31, DCFC1388 said:

Thats what I meant, he wasnt good all the time but he was one of a few who at times looked decent whereas in the Champ he never did...like you said he earned a move to another prem club and im pretty sure he had a good first season at hull too

Not wishing to get all statto on you, but...

18 goals in 75 in League Two

12 in 38 in League One

12 in 88 in the Championship

6 in 69 in the Premier League

Just now, RiddingsRam said:

Not much to compare Cook to at Leeds though , were Jeff has good players all round him so probably doesn't shine as much . Just to add not that I wouldn't sell Jeff for the right money I 100 % would but he's got to be around the same money as cook if not more due the international experience. 

Yeah I completely agree. My (badly made) point was that we shouldn't use the value Cook is being sold for as a reason Hendrick should be sold for more because Cook has probably been the better player over the past year or two. Cook has probably been sold for a lot less than he should have, but I'm confident Rush wouldn't allow that to happen should Hendrick be sold.

Archived