Jeff Hendrick - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Srg said:

If the right offer for him is there then I'd look at it but I wouldn't seek to get rid. Especially not for those three mentioned. That said, if we had to get rid of one central midfielder I'd look to sell Bryson first who's 30, has 4 years left on his contract and is picking up more and more injuries. 

Exactly this...... 

I've always liked Hendrick, helps scoring a couple against the Red Dogs.

I'd accept anything around the £7m mark. He's a fantastic player on his day but last season he shouldve cemented his position with Hughes and Bryson gone.

He has done fantastically for the ROI, this has meant his price has gone up and probably his ego as he may want to prove himself in the premier league sooner than if he stayed with us.

One thing that I will regret if we let him go is that second leg against Hull playing CDM, he showed a maturity and ability that I hadnt seen in him before, watching him for Ireland also showcased a different Hendrick than the one at the start of the season.

Hopefully Pearson can work with him and keep hold of him. If not we have Callum Guy waiting in the Under 21s who will be the next CM wonder-kid at Derby

13 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Madness to sell him, i would be a rather disappointed Derby fan if he went..... Ah well 

Never understood our fans about this one mate. Hendrick Hughesy and Thorne would be quality all season (this season coming up though) 3 of them was excellent against Brighton in the playoffs so yeah we can actually play them together. 

Just now, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Never understood our fans about this one mate. Hendrick Hughesy and Thorne would be quality all season (this season coming up though) 3 of them was excellent against Brighton in the playoffs so yeah we can actually play them together. 

If there was a absolutely stupid offer come in...... Then I concede it will have to be considered.

The bloke has his best years in front of him...... We've got a manager who is very similar mould to O'Neill, who seems to get best out of him. 

We would miss him if/when he goes..... A quality player who I believe would be an asset to some premier league clubs. Better than Butterfield, Johnson, Thorne and Bryson IMO..... And would walk into most midfields in this league, and a few in the Premier..... 

3 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

If there was a absolutely stupid offer come in...... Then I concede it will have to be considered.

The bloke has his best years in front of him...... We've got a manager who is very similar mould to O'Neill, who seems to get best out of him. 

We would miss him if/when he goes..... A quality player who I believe would be an asset to some premier league clubs. Better than Butterfield, Johnson, Thorne and Bryson IMO..... And would walk into most midfields in this league, and a few in the Premier..... 

He didn't look better than those four last season though. He was definitely the worst performing central midfielder. My eyes tell me that, the stats tell us that. With the injuries to Bryson, Hughes and often GT, that was Jeff's opportunity to grasp. He didn't. As I've said before, Johnson was deemed to have had a poor season but yet he still trumped Jeff on every available statistic. Bryson and Thorne impressed me more despite their injuries. And Butterfield was my pick of the midfielders last season despite never quite nailing down a regular spot. I still believe with him in the side at Hull, second leg we'd have turned that tie around. I won't be fooled by Jeff's apparent great performance where he was allowed all the room and time in the world to pick a pass that night. We needed a goalscorer on the pitch, someone who'd shoot on sight. We had a 1 in 4 scorer from midfield on the bench who'd scored twice in the previous visit to Hull. And Wassall ignored him. And put Camara on for the first time since xmas. Warren Hobhead.

I hate coming over like I'm dismissing Hendrick as a talent. And I actually will be sad to see him go, should it happen. But as others have said, we'll never get any more money for him than we could right now. Sometimes it's best to cash in. And of the midfielders we've got, Jeff and Bryson are the easiest to cope without. In my humble opinion of course. 

We've made this mistake before. We never cashed in both Malcom Christie and Chris Riggott when we should have largely due to both being young Derby players with 'potential'. Same goes for Miles Addison and Giles Barnes too.

Not cashing in on Hendrick now will come back to bite us.

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

We've made this mistake before. We never cashed in both Malcom Christie and Chris Riggott when we should have largely due to both being young Derby players with 'potential'. Same goes for Miles Addison and Giles Barnes too.

Not cashing in on Hendrick now will come back to bite us.

Hendrick has just been about the stand out player for ROI in probably the 2nd biggest international tournament in the world...... To put him alongside Christie, Riggott, Barnes and Addison smacks of disbelief for me. How can you compare him to them...... 

If that's the case can we compare Hughes as "potential"????? Wonder if anyone would compare them players you mentioned to him? 

I'd say rather than get rid of him this is exactly the player we should keep.

However like I've said earlier if we do get a silly offer..... I will concede he will go.

2nd best midfielder at the club for me behind Hughes..... And a damn site better than given credit for at this club by us fans..... It'll bite us on the backside if he went. 

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Ask yourselves this:

If a team offered you £7m for Hendrick on the last day of the season, before the euros had begun, would you accept it?

you're damn right you would...

I would concede a silly offer and yep, I would also take 1.5/2 for Bryson, money back on Butters and BJ..... But tell me this, they're not knocking the door down for these players are they? 

3 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

He didn't look better than those four last season though. He was definitely the worst performing central midfielder. My eyes tell me that, the stats tell us that. With the injuries to Bryson, Hughes and often GT, that was Jeff's opportunity to grasp. He didn't. As I've said before, Johnson was deemed to have had a poor season but yet he still trumped Jeff on every available statistic. Bryson and Thorne impressed me more despite their injuries. And Butterfield was my pick of the midfielders last season despite never quite nailing down a regular spot. I still believe with him in the side at Hull, second leg we'd have turned that tie around. I won't be fooled by Jeff's apparent great performance where he was allowed all the room and time in the world to pick a pass that night. We needed a goalscorer on the pitch, someone who'd shoot on sight. We had a 1 in 4 scorer from midfield on the bench who'd scored twice in the previous visit to Hull. And Wassall ignored him. And put Camara on for the first time since xmas. Warren Hobhead.

I hate coming over like I'm dismissing Hendrick as a talent. And I actually will be sad to see him go, should it happen. But as others have said, we'll never get any more money for him than we could right now. Sometimes it's best to cash in. And of the midfielders we've got, Jeff and Bryson are the easiest to cope without. In my humble opinion of course. 

Everyone falls into the same thing about Hendrick..... He's the one who will try something different to try and get around back of a defence etc..... And sometimes it pays off sometimes it don't..... I would love for him to be sat in one position for a dozen games (just in front of the midfield for me) I think he's at his best in the final 3rd..... 

A lot better than what people believe. Stock has risen yes...... There's a reason for that

Hendricks and excellent player on his day just ashame his day is every one in about five games for us

i like him he isnt affraid to have a pop at goal but for me he isnt better than hughes and is about fourth choice CM i think if a good offer comes in then we should let him go i think we can buy better or use the cash to strengthen elsewhere. Getting to the prem is the aim and he'd be average week in week out for a low level side in the prem and if we get there id exoect he'd be replaced 

5 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Hendricks and excellent player on his day just ashame his day is every one in about five games for us

i like him he isnt affraid to have a pop at goal but for me he isnt better than hughes and is about fourth choice CM i think if a good offer comes in then we should let him go i think we can buy better or use the cash to strengthen elsewhere. Getting to the prem is the aim and he'd be average week in week out for a low level side in the prem and if we get there id exoect he'd be replaced 

Last about to write a long statement but it is not required.... you hit the nail on the head for me.

Our Midfield is defo weaker without Jeff Hendrick. Paint it up all you like, Can nobody see when a player comes of age?? Wake up people. The ticket and signing to the Premier League is here right now with Jeff and Will Hughes.

14 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

Our Midfield is defo weaker without Jeff Hendrick. Paint it up all you like, Can nobody see when a player comes of age?? Wake up people. The ticket and signing to the Premier League is here right now with Jeff and Will Hughes.

Are you seriously suggesting he's 'come of age' on the back of 2 good performances for Ireland? Considering he's been in and around our first team squad for over 6 years it will take a lot more than that to convince those who feel we should let him go.

I really hope I'm wrong and he proves the doubters wrong - assuming he stays then this coming season through to Christmas will tell.

Archived