Jeff Hendrick - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Always been there for me. I stand by what I say, 2nd best midfielder on books behind Hughes.

Also I hasten to add, rated by probably one of the best British managers of the last 20 years. 

Also generally, us fans say he's suited to the premiership more than us...... So here's a question for those who rate Bryson more than Jeff..... If we go up would you mind Bryson being sold as he's "more suited" to the championship? 

Respect your view.... each to their own.... in response to your question... no i wouldn't care if brysons sold IF we went up as will require higher calibre players.... thing is the IF word is horrible

59 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

I don't know whether reading threads like these makes me happy or totally dismays me. It reminds me that there are people watching football who know what they're talking about, then there are others.

Jeff is going to go on to have a very good career at Premier League and International level. He has everything needed in a player. 

I'm shocked that some Derby fans would prefer he goes on to be successful elsewhere than at Derby County.

He's better and has more all round ability than either Johnson or Butterfield. All he needed to do was mature and that only comes with age and experience.

Well now I'm shocked. Please confirm who exactly has said they would prefer him to be successful elsewhere? I for one don't - if he was to be really successful then I would love it to be with Derby but isn't that the problem - a number of posters don't think he has the consistency to succeed at a higher level. We need to realise Jeff is no 18 year old rising star - at 24 if he was going to make it at the top level then by now he should be one of the first names on the team sheet week in, week out but he isn't .

It's all very well some saying "what about how good he was in this match or that match" - what that indicates is that he has talent but isn't capable of producing it often enough to be one of the key players in a promotion chasing side

22 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Did he perform better that day than he has the euros? I dont think so personally. Get your point though.... he has had a "decent" game every now and then

Hard to say because obviously ya wasn't up against world class players that day but I thought he was a standout performer that night.

His consistency, or lack thereof, is a serious concern but to suggest he's done nothing in 190 odd matches in which he has scored 20 or 30 goals I can't agree with I'm afraid.

4 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Well now I'm shocked. Please confirm who exactly has said they would prefer him to be successful elsewhere? I for one don't - if he was to be really successful then I would love it to be with Derby but isn't that the problem - a number of posters don't think he has the consistency to succeed at a higher level. We need to realise Jeff is no 18 year old rising star - at 24 if he was going to make it at the top level then by now he should be one of the first names on the team sheet week in, week out but he isn't .

It's all very well some saying "what about how good he was in this match or that match" - what that indicates is that he has talent but isn't capable of producing it often enough to be one of the key players in a promotion chasing side

There's no doubt about it. Jeff is going to go on and play games in the Premier League, he is going to go on to a much better than average central midfielder. Maybe not quite superstar level or for a top four Club, but he's plenty good enough to play for a mid table PL side and any of the promoted clubs would be better with him in their squad.

He's been heading in that direction since he was an 18 year old rising star, so I'd say the ones who are saying cash in now while he's had a few good games are preparing to accept he's going on to be successful elsewhere. I'm confused that the ones who are saying he's average are also in the same breath putting a 5 to 12m price tag on his head.

I think the fact he's not one of the first names on the team sheet says more about the cash Derby have wasted on other midfielders when they already had one plenty good enough right under their noses and the fact many thought Hendrick, Hughes and Bryson couldn't/can't fit in the same side. The form and ability of Bryon and HUghes hasn't helped either. Don't forget that 6m pound man Johnson and 3.5m pound man Butterfield ALSO haven't been able to push a fit Bryson or Hughes out of the side, you've got to a be a real special player to dislodge those two.

Love Jeff. Always have. I always said he could be our Steven Gerrard.

It will be extremely difficult to keep him happy next season unless he's a very regular starter. One of several big decisions to be made by player and management. If he goes we should get absoutely top dollar for him. We paid 6m for Johnson and 5m for Butterfield. Jeff is a young international with considerable growing reputation. If we're to sell we should be asking 10+m

15 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

There's no doubt about it. Jeff is going to go on and play games in the Premier League, he is going to go on to a much better than average central midfielder. Maybe not quite superstar level or for a top four Club, but he's plenty good enough to play for a mid table PL side and any of the promoted clubs would be better with him in their squad.

He's been heading in that direction since he was an 18 year old rising star, so I'd say the ones who are saying cash in now while he's had a few good games are preparing to accept he's going on to be successful elsewhere. I'm confused that the ones who are saying he's average are also in the same breath putting a 5 to 12m price tag on his head.

I think the fact he's not one of the first names on the team sheet says more about the cash Derby have wasted on other midfielders when they already had one plenty good enough right under their noses and the fact many thought Hendrick, Hughes and Bryson couldn't/can't fit in the same side. The form and ability of Bryon and HUghes hasn't helped either. Don't forget that 6m pound man Johnson and 3.5m pound man Butterfield ALSO haven't been able to push a fit Bryson or Hughes out of the side, you've got to a be a real special player to dislodge those two.

You continue to twist things to match your opinions.

Firstly you cannot say no doubt that he will go on to be a much better than average midfielder in the Premier League - it's your view, nothing more, nothing less. There's no doubt tomorrow will be Monday but even though my opinion is that we'll sign someone the day after (or we won't), I wouldn't say that will happen without a shadow of a doubt because that's nowhere near a certainty.

Secondly you don't seem to want to accept that those who feel we should cash in on the back of his performances at the Euros probably don't see him being as successful as you seem to think he's going to be and that's why we could let him go. They may be wrong but at least don't discredit their opinions by infering that it's a case of 'lets take the money even though we know he's going to be a roaring success at Premier League level'. 

I just think hes at the bottom of the pecking order of our midfield whilst at the same time being worth a fair bit of money having just come off a good tournament, if someone is willing to meet our valuation then fair play, thanks for the effort Jeff and best of luck.

21 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

You continue to twist things to match your opinions.

Firstly you cannot say no doubt that he will go on to be a much better than average midfielder in the Premier League - it's your view, nothing more, nothing less. There's no doubt tomorrow will be Monday but even though my opinion is that we'll sign someone the day after (or we won't), I wouldn't say that will happen without a shadow of a doubt because that's nowhere near a certainty.

Secondly you don't seem to want to accept that those who feel we should cash in on the back of his performances at the Euros probably don't see him being as successful as you seem to think he's going to be and that's why we could let him go. They may be wrong but at least don't discredit their opinions by infering that it's a case of 'lets take the money even though we know he's going to be a roaring success at Premier League level'. 

Do you mean I continue to post what I believe? Are you continuing to twist things to match your opinion or are you just disagreeing with mine, which is fair enough.

I'm not trying to twist anything Wolfie. I'll try to put it a different way but that will be even more direct and more antagonising..

Of course it's only my opinion but if I didn't believe my own opinion was right, I'd be a bit soft in the head.

The people who don't rate Jeff Hendrick are wrong.

I can no doubt say Jeff will go on to be a much better than average midfielder in the Premier League because he IS a much better than average midfielder and much better than average midfielders end up playing in the top division.

I hope it's with Derby, especially cos he's an academy product.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Hard to say because obviously ya wasn't up against world class players that day but I thought he was a standout performer that night.

His consistency, or lack thereof, is a serious concern but to suggest he's done nothing in 190 odd matches in which he has scored 20 or 30 goals I can't agree with I'm afraid.

Tongue in cheek tbf.... what i mean is his performances for ireland compared to what he does for us generally pales in 2 insignificance 

I hope Pearson chooses his squad based on football reasons.

Know your formation and the players you need and base your squad around that.

For me, Butterfield and Johnson is now ten million sat on the bench and behind Thorne, Hughes, Bryson and Hendrick.

Yes Thorne will take a while to come back, but if Pearson doesn't play that holding midfielder, his contribution is lowered. If he does play in, I have no hesitation in putting Jeff in that position for the start of the season. That will give others an opportunity.

2 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

I didnt mean more time on the ball in the prem with us i meant if he moved to one of the reported interested teams. Id say in general that the prem isnt the same style of football as the Champ, its not as physical and less teams press quickly like they do in the Champ. If any team presses us high up all our team struggles other than Hughes id say.

When we went up last time one of our better players for us was Craig Fagan and thats because he had more time and space to run into with pace, something he couldnt do in the Champ the season before.

You're about as wrong as socks and sandals.

52 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Do you mean I continue to post what I believe? Are you continuing to twist things to match your opinion or are you just disagreeing with mine, which is fair enough.

I'm not trying to twist anything Wolfie. I'll try to put it a different way but that will be even more direct and more antagonising..

Of course it's only my opinion but if I didn't believe my own opinion was right, I'd be a bit soft in the head.

The people who don't rate Jeff Hendrick are wrong.

I can no doubt say Jeff will go on to be a much better than average midfielder in the Premier League because he IS a much better than average midfielder and much better than average midfielders end up playing in the top division.

I hope it's with Derby, especially cos he's an academy product.

I don't rate Jeff Hendrick as a Premier League star in the making, and I don't believe I'm wrong.

He doesn't have a best position which doesn't help. He doesn't excel at anything. He's not a goal scoring midfielder, he's not a creator, he doesn't have great vision and he's not great at tackling.

I'd say he's very much an all-round midfielder who can do a bit of everything, but isn't great at any one attribute. That doesn't bode well for the Premier League where you need something about you to succeed.

I've seen workhorses manage to succeed in the PL just through running and hassling opponents, but Jeff doesn't particularly do either of these either unlike say Bryson.

What does Jeff possess which makes you think he can succeed at the top level? I've seen glimpses of him doing great stuff, but then most players in the world is capable of having 'moments'.

There are better midfielders in the Championship who offer more than Hendrick who probably won't play in the Premier League.

Archived