Jeff Hendrick - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

Hendrick has shown  that he can play in big games. His lack of consistency so far for the rams has been frustrating but for a team who has tended to flop on the big occasion, he could be a useful player to have around along with Hughes. I hope we can keep them both , and if both stay fit we will definitely be there or thereabouts this coming season. . 

2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Are you seriously suggesting he's 'come of age' on the back of 2 good performances for Ireland? Considering he's been in and around our first team squad for over 6 years it will take a lot more than that to convince those who feel we should let him go.

I really hope I'm wrong and he proves the doubters wrong - assuming he stays then this coming season through to Christmas will tell.

No. I am not presuming anything. I am judging Jeff Hendrick on my opinion. I have rated Hendrick well before the Euros. I think hes ready now to be the player to take this side forward. We sell him to gamble on other misfits? Have a word with yerself.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Rampage nails it, this season in the prem is showing why we really needed promotion last season and fluffed it big time, if Bournemouth are spending 30 odd million on players this early in the window, it shows how big the gulf is.

It doesn't show how big the gulf is. It shows how Bournemouth have spunked £15M out for a player who has a worth of about 20% of that.

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Rampage nails it, this season in the prem is showing why we really needed promotion last season and fluffed it big time, if Bournemouth are spending 30 odd million on players this early in the window, it shows how big the gulf is.

If this footballing year has taught anyone anything it's that a team will always beat talented individuals. 

Spunk what money you want on whoever you want, but if they don't fit in the team properly - and I don't just mean purely tactically - then you may as well not bother. 

Bournemouth have done exceptionally on the back of their core team. No superstars at all, just all know their roles and play for each other. Injecting extortionate players into it could do as much harm as good if they don't pick the right ones. 

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

Nixon reporting in today's sun that Fulham..... yes Fulham! Have made a cheeky bud for our Jeff.  

Lmao....

On 08/07/2016 at 23:27, Wolfie20 said:

Bit full of yourself aren't you. Sounds like you're the only one to have an opinion

...whereas we all know that mine is the only one that counts.

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

But only when it's the same as mine. Sorry, but all other times I'm afraid you're wrong 

OK, twice in 21,200 posts.

Guaranteed first team at Fulham is probably the kind of move we would have seen and he would have accepted until recently. I think we'd probably price them out unless it was part exchange, that said I think they're probably pricing McCormack out of a move too so it may be something beneficial to both. I think we'd be looking at Jeff plus £3-4m though and that doesn't seem like great business to me.

21 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Even if we agreed a move like this I really cant see Jeff accepting. Why would you take a step back at this stage of your career? even if it is a few extra £

Why would that move be a step back?

I remember him being linked with Watford 2 years ago and alot of people on here where saying very similar to your statement. Then that season Watford went and won the league and did well enough to stay in the prem last season.

So what may seem like step back in some peoples eyes might prove to be a great opportunity for JH,

Fulham do have some talented players and with the right manager and few good signings Fulham may challenge for promotion.

Archived