Jeff Hendrick - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

The likes of Crystal Palace, West Bromwich Albion, Bournemouth, Watford and Championship side Newcastle United are tracking Hendrick and could make a move for the goalscorer midfielder this summer.

Derby will be reluctant to lose Hendrick this summer as new boss Nigel Pearson looks to build a side capable of winning promotion next season, but they are bracing themselves for offers from Premier League clubs in the coming months.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/06/26/por-prem-clubs-plan-hendrick-battle/

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goalscoring midfielder? I guess he is a midfielder that has scored goals on occasion. 

I doubt his record of two goals last season will send pulses racing. 

We definitely need to make the most of this tournament hype, though. If he comes back and he falls in behind Butterfield, Hughes, Thorne and Bryson, then he may not even get on the bench. Johnson and Hendrick should be moved on if we can get a decent wedge for them. 

10 minutes ago, Walsall_Ram said:

I'd keep him tbh. 2 years left on contract. If we don't go up this year, let him (and others) go. Whole squad revamp.

If there are two years left on his contract we'd get very little for him next summer. Berahino's price for instance has pretty much halved from 12 months ago.

I like the player, but I know how inconsistent he is and how he often shirks from responsibility.

I'd sell him for £7m without hesitation.

If we got a bid of 5m + I'd happily sell him, far too inconsistent, although I'd also be happy if we kept him as he could do really well under Pearson 

we do also have to take into account that we are more than overloaded with midfielders and need to move some one, hendrick could put some cash into the coffers as well

You'd be mad to sell him after the Euros he's had. Could be his 'break through' and become a key player.

Only a bid of £10m+ would even get me talking. When Michael Keane is getting bids upwards of £20m, taking anything less than 10 for Jeff would be madness. Considering we might replace him with another Johnson. 

2 hours ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

You'd be mad to sell him after the Euros he's had. Could be his 'break through' and become a key player.

Only a bid of £10m+ would even get me talking. When Michael Keane is getting bids upwards of £20m, taking anything less than 10 for Jeff would be madness. Considering we might replace him with another Johnson. 

Was he really that good at the Euros. I thought against Sweden he was excellent. Against Italy he was versatile more than anything, and against France and Belgium he was largely anonymous.

That's Jeff Hendrick in a nutshell. Inconsistent.

We'd be mad to turn down £7m for him, especially with our midfield options.

Have to agree, if we get a decent bid for him or Keogh as a result of Ireland's exposure I'd take it and let Pearson bring his own men in. Looking at the proposed suitors and transfer market they both become £10m players when neither really are.

If he wasn't our player and we were linked with him everyone would be saying he's great!

He's one of our leading appearance makers and still only young. He's bound to have got better from the experience and he's more versatile than some of our other midfielders.

Definitely worth a chance to see if he can become one of our best midfielders alongside Hughes.

2 hours ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Now would be the absolute best time to sell him. Has had an excellent summer and his value is as high as it's been since he's been with us. With two years left on his deal his value is about to reduce as well. It makes absolute sense to be rid of him now. Hendrick has been inconsistent over the five seasons he's been in the first team squad and with a wealth of options in central midfield, realistically one will go this summer and Hendrick will have the highest value with the exception of Hughes.

Archived