Jeff Hendrick - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

That all makes perfect sense but still part of me would rather lose any of BUTTERFIELD JOHNSON BRYSON over players who have came through the academy like Hendrick and Hughes!?

Yes but you wouldn't receive anywhere near as much for those as you would for Hendrick.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Surely this thread should be locked, at least until such time there's specific evidence of a bid & not simply Bris writing a clickbait article in which he speculates about possible interest?

Genuine question... Would it be OK if Sky Sports or ESPN wrote this piece?

13 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Genuine question... Would it be OK if Sky Sports or ESPN wrote this piece?

Genuine answer: No! Seriously. " The likes of  ... could make a move for the goalscorer [note typo] midfielder this summer"? I could go to the Moon this summer. David Cameron could stand outside Number 10 tomorrow morning and do something the forum won't let me write to a dead pick in his act of revenge against the British people.

My take is it has to be a specific expression of interest. If you scoop it, fine, but "could make a move" breaks the transfer forum rules.

HITC are a fairly reliable source of information. I know for a fact that you can't lie without feeling the wrath of NewsNow and effectively killing your website. 

Every page needs a reliable source. 

I'd argue the most likely scenario is that Hendrick's agent is trying to drum up a bit of interest and potentially a fairly decent move for him. He's told 'John August', not Bris, and he's reported it using HITC as his platform. 

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Surely this thread should be locked, at least until such time there's specific evidence of a bid & not simply Bris writing a clickbait article in which he speculates about possible interest?

Using that methodology this whole transfer page should be locked until a transfer or interest of one is confirmed by the club. Then there would be no point to it at all, it's what keeps the wheels of insanity turning during the summer months. 

18 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Genuine answer: No! Seriously. " The likes of  ... could make a move for the goalscorer [note typo] midfielder this summer"? I could go to the Moon this summer. David Cameron could stand outside Number 10 tomorrow morning and do something the forum won't let me write to a dead pick in his act of revenge against the British people.

My take is it has to be a specific expression of interest. If you scoop it, fine, but "could make a move" breaks the transfer forum rules.

I was just asking as the writer who wrote this also covers stories for both Sky Sports and ESPN. HITC exclusives, while never 100% accurate as that's impossible, are a reliable source.

Of course rumours will be spread about. That's the whole point of this particular part of the site. We've had hundreds of threads with news of 'scouting, interested in, considering bids' etc.

Jamie Vardy had signed for Arsenal a few weeks ago according to pretty much every site going. 

I understand the frustration... You could deem this a non-story, even if five clubs are mentioned as interested. But the journalist who wrote this got his information from somewhere. 

You'll hear of plenty more stories from numerous sites and journalists (such as Nixon )like this over the next eight weeks, I can guarantee you that.

13 hours ago, Stedcfc said:

If he wasn't our player and we were linked with him everyone would be saying he's great!

He's one of our leading appearance makers and still only young. He's bound to have got better from the experience and he's more versatile than some of our other midfielders.

Definitely worth a chance to see if he can become one of our best midfielders alongside Hughes.

I'd also be saying anything above £4m for him would be overspending, as I think many would. Which is why it's such a good time to sell him.

10 hours ago, Ambitious said:

HITC are a fairly reliable source of information. I know for a fact that you can't lie without feeling the wrath of NewsNow and effectively killing your website. 

Every page needs a reliable source. 

I'd argue the most likely scenario is that Hendrick's agent is trying to drum up a bit of interest and potentially a fairly decent move for him. He's told 'John August', not Bris, and he's reported it using HITC as his platform. 

DET says it's source is "The People", not that I can find "The people" online anywhere.

No doubt if we decide to sell or Jeff decides to go, his price will be up due to his performances in the Euro's.

Mind you, any decent club would look on here to see what the fans are saying about their players.

If they do I guess a lot of you might have just wiped off a couple of million.

1 minute ago, BathRam72 said:

No doubt if we decide to sell or Jeff decides to go, his price will be up due to his performances in the Euro's.

Mind you, any decent club would look on here to see what the fans are saying about their players.

If they do I guess a lot of you might have just wiped off a couple of million.

:lol::lol::lol:

or maybe they'll send scout to see our games after analyzing stats data & watching games from last couple of years (to see how he has progressed) and ask from ex-teammates and coaches what kind of person he is. You'll never know which way is more used, do you?

BTW you people from other  clubs, he is awesome!! :wub:

1 minute ago, Dimmu said:

or maybe they'll send scout to see our games after analyzing stats data & watching games from last couple of years (to see how he has progressed) and ask from ex-teammates and coaches what kind of person he is. You'll never know which way is more used, do you?

Dimmu, It was tongue in cheek and what we normal folk call humour. Having said that, what better way to get a fans eye view and feedback on EVERY game. Scouts wouldn't visit every game.

2 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

:lol:

I bloody hope clubs don't check for our fan's opinions before trying to sign our players. If they do, Keogh, a man regularly picked for Ireland and a multiple time player of the year winner would be worth pennies. One of the top scoring centre mids in the league last season, Butterfield, would have halved in value in the space of a year and Ince who contributed to 20 goals last season would also be sold on the cheap.

We're screwed! 

13 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Dimmu, It was tongue in cheek and what we normal folk call humour. Having said that, what better way to get a fans eye view and feedback on EVERY game. Scouts wouldn't visit every game.

and with this :lol: we not so normal mean laughing.

Archived