Rams Euro Quartet Superthread

Carl Sagan

52 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Classic Hendrick this... Class above in first game, devoid of end product in second!

Not really. He still produced the three best passes by any Irish player in the game - basically the only man in the side who showed any creativity at all.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't get me wrong I agree he was the most visible Irish player, but just seemed everything went wrong for him... Blocked shots, blocking shots, wayward final balls/crosses, the booking. Still great to see him mixing company with the likes of DeBruyne/Witsel etc

1 hour ago, PodgeyRam said:

Been impressed again with Hendrick today, made a few telling passes, done his defensive work well. Been let down by his teammates really - hard to believe McCarthy plays in the premier league and Hendrick doesn't based on the tournament so far.

Yeah McCarthy has been awful in both games, he's not fit though.  He's usually a bit better than that.

Thought he did well again. Looked much better when he received the ball in the central areas. Had a chance to play in Long but didn't pass it quick enough, other than that, decent game. Only player trying to make things happen. 

Keogh should be in for that Clark next game, he's absolute dire. 

I'm at a hotel in Tenerife for the next week, and I was walking around with my Derby shirt on when a lady stopped me to say that Cyrus Christie is her nephew! It's not Errol Christie's wife but it's still interesting, and apparently Cyrus is a really quiet lad, is down to earth and mostly drinks orange juice:D. I'll try and talk to her this week to see if she's got any interesting Derby-related gossip, and it would be nice (albeit unlikely) if Cyrus started for ROI in their last group game so I could sit with them and cheer him on. 

However, whilst wearing my Derby shirt clearly has its advantages, one person said that he didn't know that it was fancy dress day, whilst another, while waiting a long time for a lift, said that it's alright for me as I'm used to not going up! Cheeky bugger.:p

Archived