Rams Euro Quartet Superthread

Carl Sagan

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, valleyram said:

Jeff is a top player but doesn't do it enough for me , he's either fantastic or invisible no middle ground with him 

Completely agree. If he did it for a full season without needing to be dropped to give him a kick up the arse he'd have been bought a long time ago. Has all the ability but loses intensity when he plays game after game. 

2 hours ago, Pearson said:

Deemed fit enough to play v Hull for a full 90? go figure.

Getting through 1 game is possible through adrenaline but he wasn't going to be match fit like the rest of the squad. Quite simple, a player that had played 1 game in 2 months through injury isn't going to be as fit as a player that will have played 6 or 7 games in the same period. Who'd a thought that?

There's never been any doubts about his ability but if he showed it consistently then there'd be no debate about him or Bryson.

The fact there is a debate shows that he doesn't do enough consistently to make himself undroppable.

He played well last night but quite frankly I'm not bothered how he plays for Ireland. He needs to show that more regularly for Derby before I'll lose any sleep over not seeing him in the starting XI.

I hope Pearson can get consistency out of him and use him well. I've got a feeling if he left he'd flourish and we'd regret it, his ROI form is an indicator of him being able to play well in a more conventionally defensive style.

Cant help think he's be a good signing for Boro, now Leadbitter's getting old.

nice little mention of Hendrick during The Guardian's most recent ep of their Euro 2016 Football Daily podcast ("Italy book their place in the last 16")

Alan Smith while discussing the Ireland team and their match vs Sweden: 

"Hendrick was very very good. People within the Ireland camp, even before the tournament, were saying that he has impressed them the most above everybody else in training. He's had an okay season at Derby, was in and out of the team quite a bit, had a couple niggly injuries, but I think he's a player who is certainly capable of playing in a mid-table premier league team."

38 minutes ago, rhysbeck said:

nice little mention of Hendrick during The Guardian's most recent ep of their Euro 2016 Football Daily podcast ("Italy book their place in the last 16")

Alan Smith while discussing the Ireland team and their match vs Sweden: 

"Hendrick was very very good. People within the Ireland camp, even before the tournament, were saying that he has impressed them the most above everybody else in training. He's had an okay season at Derby, was in and out of the team quite a bit, had a couple niggly injuries, but I think he's a player who is certainly capable of playing in a mid-table premier league team."

thats us next season!!

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Hendrick starts in right midfield against Belgium. I'm a bit surprised Keogh's not had an opportunity so far. Hope his time comes at some point in the tournament.

One or two strikers in that Belgium line up could terrorise O'Shea and Clark, doubt Keogh will get on, either way I'm going to be stunned if that pairing survive for 3 matches in a row.

Been impressed again with Hendrick today, made a few telling passes, done his defensive work well. Been let down by his teammates really - hard to believe McCarthy plays in the premier league and Hendrick doesn't based on the tournament so far.

2 hours ago, Zag zig said:

One or two strikers in that Belgium line up could terrorise O'Shea and Clark, doubt Keogh will get on, either way I'm going to be stunned if that pairing survive for 3 matches in a row.

I'll say it again, if that pairing survive next game MON will go right down in my estimations. Keogh deserves a chance, though probably dodged a bullet being left out of this one.

Clark is a shadow of the player he was when he first broke into that Villa team. Disaster waiting to happen - don't think anyone would be able to say he's better than Keogh with a straight face. Wonder if they move Christie into wide midfield, could move Hendrick into the middle as a result?

Archived