Rams Euro Quartet Superthread

Carl Sagan

31 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

That's a bit far, we'd get between £2.5-4 million depending on who was buying him. This is a central midfielder that scored 16 goals in a single season bear in mind and regarded as one of the best in the division on his day

We are actually talking about a guy who is almost 30 and actually scored 7 goals in the last 2 seasons and I guarantee you that if you asked any football fan outside of Derby to name their top 10 midfielders in the league then none of them would say Bryson. 

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

We are actually talking about a guy who is almost 30 and actually scored 7 goals in the last 2 seasons and I guarantee you that if you asked any football fan outside of Derby to name their top 10 midfielders in the league then none of them would say Bryson.

Just asked a Blackburn Fan. Bryson was comfortably in there.

11 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Sorry I can't agree for him to leave, got to be Bryson for me if anyone. Just think he's not as great as some make out, really don't think Hendo is inconsistent for reasons I've stated before. 

Just something about Hendrick that catches eye for me. Better player than given credit for, and plenty of time on his side. 

Im not saying Bryson is a bad player.... Not at all, just don't think he's better than some we have now. 

Hendrick is a magician on the pitch, unfortunately it isn't always with the ball at his feet, he has the ability to disappear. There have been too many games where Hendrick just isn't involved at either end of the pitch.

When he is on it he is a brilliant player unfortunately it seems to be far too often, last season I am willing to forget as not many players can say they had a really good season but previous 2 seasons he would have a run when he was magnificent and a run where there was no point of him being on the pitch.

8 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Most of my acquaintainces pf the gump persuasion rate him as our best player.

I suppose the hattrick in the 5-0 deforestation might have summat to do wi' it!

9 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

None of the other teams see the work Bryson does every week. One of my mates is a Leeds fan and raves about Bradley Johnson (obviously being ex-Leeds) but doesn't rate Will Hughes one bit, obviously hasn't watched enough Derby. It's easy to just look at statistics and say he didn't score x amount of goals or only had so many assists, but you look at Hughes when fit and Bryson likewise they are the players that provide the base for most of the goals. The amount of goals we scored under SM where the move would have been started by Hughes in particular was crazy but because he didn't provide the final ball it doesn't show on statistics and therefore people don't 'rate' him

Anyone who thinks Hendrick is better than Bryson, I would argue must spend most of their time down in the concourse drinking rather than watching the game.

It is no coincidence that our form improved when Bryson was brought back into the side.

He has scored 7 goals in two seasons because

a) McLaren tried to change his game, he wanted Bryson to sit deeper as he fancied Hendrick as the more attacking of the two, which was absurd given that Bryson had just scored 16 goals, 2 hat tricks from midfield.

b) Last season he was injured for a big chunk of the season.

Hendrick has one great game in 10 then you see nothing from him and ends up on the bench, he comes in for an injured player, has a great game, then you see nothing of him for 9 games.....and repeat cycle 

13 hours ago, Pearson said:

Agree.

At long last we have a manager who can motivate and install confidence which bodes well for Hendrick and the club as a whole.

Didn’t O Neil comment earlier in the season that the Derby players lacked confidence? The word from the ROI camp was that Hendrick was unfit on arrival and they had to do a fair amount of work with him to get the levels up.

He is our best player by miles and to sell him when we are looking for promotion would be idiotic. Hopefully Pearson sees it the same way.

:blink: You haven't seen Hughes playing?

13 hours ago, Pearson said:

The word from the ROI camp was that Hendrick was unfit on arrival and they had to do a fair amount of work with him to get the levels up.

Wouldn't that have something to do with him being injured from the start of  April to the end of the season?

Can't we just go back to the tried and tested Thorne/Hughes/Bryson/Hendrick of which one of the last two isn't playing.

It works - we know it works. Now the defence has improved, get them fit and playing and we will be fine.

Too many players upsets us - so Johnson and Butterfield regardless of class of player, disrupts the status quo.

We have better wide players now but I still feel we are one short of real quality.

Then we go again.....

That would be my midfield diamond. Forget about wingers - there's never anyone in the box when the ball gets crossed anyway.

Thorne
Hendrick     Bryson
        Hughes

Then put 2 of Weimann, Martin, Ince, Russell, Bent or Blackman up front.

18 hours ago, eddie said:

He had 50% of the entire total of shots on target in the entire match by everybody as his personal second-half tally. Still, let's not let facts get in the way of a made-up mind, eh?

Not really. He played poorly second half, He had some good attempts on goal which I praised him for. A balanced view of his performance. I took a view on watching the whole game, not a highlights package.  

36 minutes ago, sage said:

Not really. He played poorly second half, He had some good attempts on goal which I praised him for. A balanced view of his performance. I took a view on watching the whole game, not a highlights package.  

We shall have to agree to disagree.

I have seen his performance described as "...terrific", "...coming of age" and "arguably the best player on the pitch" in various newspaper write-ups, and more than one source described his performance as "Man of the Match".

17 minutes ago, eddie said:

We shall have to agree to disagree.

I have seen his performance described as "...terrific", "...coming of age" and "arguably the best player on the pitch" in various newspaper write-ups, and more than one source described his performance as "Man of the Match".

I have seen him described as hiding from possession in the second half.

18 minutes ago, sage said:

I have seen him described as hiding from possession in the second half.

Citation needed, because that was your description last night.

I thought he looked tired at the end, having run himself into the ground over the first 75 minutes - hardly surprising when he had missed the best part of the last 2 months of the season.

Anyway, other opinions....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3639654/Republic-Ireland-1-1-Sweden-PLAYER-RATINGS-Jeff-Hendrick-unlucky-not-score-Zlatan-Ibrahimovic-Stade-France.html

http://www.newstalk.com/Ireland-v-Sweden-Player-Rating

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/ireland-vs-sweden-player-ratings-wes-hoolahan-and-jeff-hendrick-outshine-superstar-zlatan-a7080276.html#gallery

http://www.the42.ie/jeff-hendrick-comes-of-age-international-stage-1409169-Jun2016/

You're on your own it seems, @sage.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

11 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Jeff is a top player but doesn't do it enough for me , he's either fantastic or invisible no middle ground with him 

Two

Archived