Rams Euro Quartet Superthread

Carl Sagan

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Dcfc10 said:

Get rid of keogh at fault for the france goal he is ****.

I think you'll find it was his defensive partner, who could see what was going on and decided to go for the same ball/man as Keogh thus leaving a bloody massive gap on one side of the defence, who was at fault for the first France goal.

He was left on his bottom by a physical striker in the lead-up to the red card though - that one you could attribute fault to Keogh for if you so wished, but I'm not entirely convinced that it was a fair challenge on him.

4 hours ago, YouRams said:

Ireland re-enacting a Derby County season, high flying at half time then a complete meltdown 

At times it was like watching DCFC with the defence wondering what to do. Get behind the ball. Hello!

Pearson is about to eradicate such notions.

4 minutes ago, Rampage said:

At times it was like watching DCFC with the defence wondering what to do. Get behind the ball. Hello!

Pearson is about to eradicate such notions.

Bad tactics sitting back on a 1-0 with so long left, France looked shakey after the goal they should of made the most of it. 

I hope your right it's about time we were rid of the bottler label. 

Sadly the adventure is over. If only young Will hadn't been injured on the opening day of last season, instead leading the Rams to glorious promotion and cementing his spot in the England midfield before this summer. Hopefully, somewhere in the Multiverse this is happening.

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Sadly the adventure is over. If only young Will hadn't been injured on the opening day of last season, instead leading the Rams to glorious promotion and cementing his spot in the England midfield before this summer. Hopefully, somewhere in the Multiverse this is happening.

When you see players like Henderson, Wilshere and Barklay in the squad you realise how close Will would have been with a full season.

I wouldn't swap him for all 3!

3 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

When you see players like Henderson, Wilshere and Barklay in the squad you realise how close Will would have been with a full season.

I wouldn't swap him for all 3!

Everyone raves about Iniesta who Will have modelled his game on. Henderson going is a scandal. Wilshere isn't fit but Hodgson loves him and is very loyal. Barkley has the ablity but is incredibly out of form and is inconsistent. Before last season started I thought the Euros could be the incentive for Will to really push on last season in the hope of sneaking a place, but alas for Bolton. People forget our boy is the second-youngest ever player to pull on the England U21 jersey and has 17 U21 caps (according to Wikipedia) which must be close to the record.

Hughes will walk straight into this England squad, as soon as he leaves to play in the top flight, or we go up.

We all know he's good enough, but I don't think Woy watches channel 5 on a Saturday night!

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Everyone raves about Iniesta who Will have modelled his game on. Henderson going is a scandal. Wilshere isn't fit but Hodgson loves him and is very loyal. Barkley has the ablity but is incredibly out of form and is inconsistent. Before last season started I thought the Euros could be the incentive for Will to really push on last season in the hope of sneaking a place, but alas for Bolton. People forget our boy is the second-youngest ever player to pull on the England U21 jersey and has 17 U21 caps (according to Wikipedia) which must be close to the record.

You could put Will into any team and he'd be their best player (apart from Pulis's Stoke side). What he does is so simple he could do it anywhere. Surrounded by better players he'd just look even better.

Well sad to see us go out, but proud of the lads, they gave it everything they had.  The reality is there just isn't enough quality in the squad. Great to Hendrick have a fine tournament, i really hope it's helps him develop into the player most of us know he can be for Derby.  That Hendrick, Hughes and Thorne would be the best midfield in the Championship...obviously!  Keogh gave 100% too (which was never in doubt).  A couple of mistakes today, but the first French goal was Duffy's fault not his.  He did well when you consider what a big step up in class it was.  Éirinn go Brách.  COYR.

Archived