Rams Euro Quartet Superthread

Carl Sagan

Keogh and Hendrick starting for the Republic against France this afternoon (2pm kickoff). Does O'Neill regret not trying Christie at leftback in the friendlies, now he's got a problem there? Young Cyrus on the bench. Could karma from the Henri handball, or perhaps a Hendrick piledriver, see the Irish through into the quarter finals?

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Ireland score first, I think that they may just well win this game. They must

1. Shoot on sight

2. Put many tackles in on midfield players

3. Not give Payet any free kicks or let him cut inside (difficult)  Put a man on the far post when he does.

4. Play out of your skin as a goalkeeper for ROI

5. Be level after 20 mins.

6. Drive straight into the penalty area looking for a penalty.

41 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Keogh and Hendrick starting for the Republic against France this afternoon (2pm kickoff). Does O'Neill regret not trying Christie at leftback in the friendlies, now he's got a problem there? Young Cyrus on the bench. Could karma from the Henri handball, or perhaps a Hendrick piledriver, see the Irish through into the quarter finals?

Brilliant seeing them there, fingers crossed they do themselves and us Rams fans proud.

Must have been such a thrill striding out.

Awesome from Long. Best falling ever for the penalty.

If he really wanted to shoot with his right, he would've put his left foot to the ground. But he just made it look like foul.

No chance for ref to see such.

17 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Hendrick will miss the quarter-final if Ireland get there.

Having got that knock and being a selfish Ram, I'd be quite pleased to see him sit one out if they do. Hendrick more than made his mark on this tournament.

Seemed a daft booking mind.

4 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Having got that knock and being a selfish Ram, I'd be quite pleased to see him sit one out if they do. Hendrick more than made his mark on this tournament.

Seemed a daft booking mind.

What exactly was the yellow card for? The commentator said it was for kicking the ball away but I didn't see it. If he did get booked for that, then his two yellows in this tournament would be for kicking the ball away, and kicking a second ball at the proper ball to disrupt play. I'm sure he'd be very angry at himself if he does miss out on a Euros quarter-final because of that.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

What exactly was the yellow card for? The commentator said it was for kicking the ball away but I didn't see it. If he did get booked for that, then his two yellows in this tournament would be for kicking the ball away, and kicking a second ball at the proper ball to disrupt play. I'm sure he'd be very angry at himself if he does miss out on a Euros quarter-final because of that.

That's what I was assuming from what the commentators said, like you Kernow, I couldn't tell. He didn't seem to complain much.

Archived