Rams Euro Quartet Superthread

Carl Sagan

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

The more I watch him for Ireland the more I get frustrated. If only he was half the player he is for Ireland for us.

He is 1 game out of 10, would be one of the best midfielders In the league if he showed up every week, if a decent offer came in for him it will be a tough one because that inconsistency lets him down. There is a very good player in there though could Pearson get him to turn up every week?

7 minutes ago, McLovin said:

The more I watch him for Ireland the more I get frustrated. If only he was half the player he is for Ireland for us.

Two ways of looking at it I suppose. Except your way of looking at it is ******* miserable.

8 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I'm loving watching him play for Ireland. He looks quality and I think it reflects well on us as a club. Plus I'm just really pleased for the lad!

I'm enjoying the Ireland games far more than the England ones.

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Still think as much as anything it's to do with how he's managed. Maybe Pearson is more like O'Neil in how he relates to the players than any of Hendrick's previous club managers and assuming he stays at Derby, we will see a greater level of consistency from him - we all know what he's capable of doing. 

Probably one of the most frustrating players in the 30+ years I've been following the Rams.

2 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Two ways of looking at it I suppose. Except your way of looking at it is ******* miserable.

Nope it isn't miserable. I think everyone except you will agree with me that he isn't the same player for Derby. Far more consistent for Ireland.  I get frustrated because it's obvious watching him for Ireland that he has the quality but he simply doesn't do it enough for us. Hopefully Pearson can change this if he stays here.

11 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Still think as much as anything it's to do with how he's managed. Maybe Pearson is more like O'Neil in how he relates to the players than any of Hendrick's previous club managers and assuming he stays at Derby, we will see a greater level of consistency from him - we all know what he's capable of doing. 

Probably one of the most frustrating players in the 30+ years I've been following the Rams.

Could be. My guess is that 4-4-2 fits him much better than 4-3-3.

31 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Nope it isn't miserable. I think everyone except you will agree with me that he isn't the same player for Derby. Far more consistent for Ireland.  I get frustrated because it's obvious watching him for Ireland that he has the quality but he simply doesn't do it enough for us. Hopefully Pearson can change this if he stays here.

Right, before I can even begin to discuss this with you, why don't you go back two pages and see my post that'll address this part of your comment?

Now I've tried to see where you're coming from, try understanding my position before you make any assumptions.

And if frustration isn't miserable to you then there's proof if ive ever seen it that you just like moaning and thats it.

PistoldPete2
9 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Think Ireland will run out of steam f they haven't already.

I was wrong.

No idea why I celebrated that goal so much. I've no connection to Ireland :lol:

I think I'm just happy to know I get to watch them play again. Aside from the Derby lads in the squad I'll get to see more in the tournament, they're just brilliant to watch.

Archived