Rams Euro Quartet Superthread

Carl Sagan

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't expecting that to tell the truth. Great win....great night....I'm predicting a very sore head in the morning! The lads totally deserved their win, great effort all round.  Wonderful to see Jeff put in such a high quality and hardworking performance.  MOM for me, he's been our best player in the tournament so far.  Keogh was decent too.  

It's a pretty clear run now to the semi-finals as far as i can tell  :ph34r:

11 hours ago, Tombo said:

Right, before I can even begin to discuss this with you, why don't you go back two pages and see my post that'll address this part of your comment?

Now I've tried to see where you're coming from, try understanding my position before you make any assumptions.

And if frustration isn't miserable to you then there's proof if ive ever seen it that you just like moaning and thats it.

Frustration is different to being miserable. If I was being miserable I would say that he is completely **** for us like a lot of other Derby fans did last night on social media and sell him no matter what. In this instance, the frustration is positive because it's pleasing him to see him do well and I'm hoping he transforms this form to Derby. As for me "moaning", ever thought that it might be you being over-optimistic? I think my "moaning" is justified on more occasions than not, i.e not playing Thorne is a pointless game at the end of the season but let's not get into another debate about that.

Scores on the doors from the Irish Times:

Richard Keogh 7

Deserved the promotion after John O’Shea and Ciaran Clark were out-muscled against Belgium. Honest to a fault.

Jeff Hendrick 8

Quality tournament so far. Left foot shot on eight minutes and right foot on 62 minutes both almost guided Ireland through. Cleverly mixed up deliveries with Brady to prove without any doubt that Italian defenders were better in the air.

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

Keogh looked very composed and mobile.Looked like a£10 million pound player. We could do with taking a few lessons from the Italy defenders. Quality shirt pulling, wrestling and fouling. Top performance.

Apparently Keogh is sh1te though, so I've heard from the experts on here. ;)

6 hours ago, Rampage said:

Keogh looked very composed and mobile.Looked like a£10 million pound player. We could do with taking a few lessons from the Italy defenders. Quality shirt pulling, wrestling and fouling. Top performance.

Bucko

7 hours ago, Rampage said:

England could do with a keogh. Watching smalling and cahill lumber about with stodgy slow right angled passes is so grim.......

12 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

England could do with a keogh. Watching smalling and cahill lumber about with stodgy slow right angled passes is so grim.......

Just what I've been thinking whilst watching England. Is Smalling any better than keogh? All defenders have a mistake in them, some are lucky that it never costs them, some are unlucky and their mistakes invariably end up in the back of the net. 

12 hours ago, ram59 said:

Just what I've been thinking whilst watching England. Is Smalling any better than keogh? All defenders have a mistake in them, some are lucky that it never costs them, some are unlucky and their mistakes invariably end up in the back of the net. 

I seem to recall that when the 'ageing' Dave Mckay signed for Derby, he said that if he made more than 6 mistakes  a year, it was time to hang his boots up.

Maybe Eddie can confirm this (or otherwise).

14 hours ago, ram59 said:

Smalling was an absolute liability, then seems to have been reinvented as a competent defender who has distribution issues.

I just think he's carp. Big tall bloke who goes for headers with his eyes screwed shut. Bottles it against thuggish attackers like that Russian guy and is not a ball player either. So what is he???

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Smalling was an absolute liability, then seems to have been reinvented as a competent defender who has distribution issues.

I just think he's carp. Big tall bloke who goes for headers with his eyes screwed shut. Bottles it against thuggish attackers like that Russian guy and is not a ball player either. So what is he???

Crap?

Archived