Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to find a valuation of Wells, but for all the clubs linked with him I can't see figures mentioned. Bearing in mind it's us and we annoyed Huddersfield over the Butterfield transfer, plus QPR, Fulham and Wolves are interested I'd estimate they'd whack a  minimum £5m price tag on him. I wouldn't be surprised if we're talking nearer £7-8m. Realistically what would you pay?

20 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Ryan Taylor - RB

Dan Bentley - GK

Both of them on frees as well as Aluko, 3 players who would all add to the squad

Bentley is 22, so would demand a fee.

Is he that much better than Roos?  And if so, is he going to want to play second fiddle?

34 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

Bentley is 22, so would demand a fee.

Is he that much better than Roos?  And if so, is he going to want to play second fiddle?

I'd personally put Mitchell ahead of Roos, anyway.

Not claiming to be an ITK'er and I have no online links but there is strong rumours down in MK/Northampton that Pearson has put in a 1.25m bid for Northampton's Adam Smith, who was involved in the same incident as Pearson's son. 

I've had the pleasure of seeing him in action a few times this last season and, if true, he'd make a more than decent back up to Carson and would be a very shrewd investment going forward.

3 hours ago, Rample said:

See Steven Taylor has left Newcastle. His injury record has been pretty dodgy in recent years but he has got bags of experience and his attitude seems like it would suit Pearson well.

I was going to say exactly that. From what I hear (not claiming to be itk) he's good in the dressing room and has taken his injury lay offs as opportunity to coach the kids at the club, so if injuries did interrupt his playing we'd still get something productive. 

Pearson needs a player with great drive who knows exactly what Pearson wants on the pitch and can marshal the players to actually CARRY IT OUT on the field. I.e. a Roy Keane type influence.. An ex Leicester player may be the best bet. eg ???

A few have mentioned the link with Chris Powell and Nakhi Wells at Hudds. This would be an outstanding signing. He is a goal scorer with a lot of attributes different to our Chrissy (pace, quick reactions, run in behind defences etc) however, he has the ability to play alongside Chrissy really well, could become a lethal 1-2 punch

The one big problem I can see is price. Andre Gray had one good season at Brentford after a £1 mill move, then moved for £9 mill and was a success. Wells will have interested parties, and could see a price tag of £5-6 mill attached, possibly pushing him out of our price range unless we can sell a few.

15 hours ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

Buxton, Shotton, Grant, Albentosa, Baird, out. Possibly Hendrick too if he has a good Euro's and someone offers us good money.

Dwight Gayle and Ciaran Clarke in. And someone to cover or replace Thorne.

Oh and spend the summer converting Camara into Kante.

Squad needs cutting down.

Christ , your optimistic! Be like converting Jamie Vardy into Robert Huth

13 hours ago, Rampage said:

Pearson needs a player with great drive who knows exactly what Pearson wants on the pitch and can marshal the players to actually CARRY IT OUT on the field. I.e. a Roy Keane type influence.. An ex Leicester player may be the best bet. eg ???

Wasilewski fits this bill. He is a centre back and coming to the end of his Leicester career. He will still be able to do a job in the championship

17 hours ago, MK-Ram said:

Not claiming to be an ITK'er and I have no online links but there is strong rumours down in MK/Northampton that Pearson has put in a 1.25m bid for Northampton's Adam Smith, who was involved in the same incident as Pearson's son. 

I've had the pleasure of seeing him in action a few times this last season and, if true, he'd make a more than decent back up to Carson and would be a very shrewd investment going forward.

Adam Clifford Smith

Date of birth23 November 1992 (age 23)

Place of birthSunderland, England

Height1.93 m (6 ft 4 in)

Playing positionGoalkeeper

Club information

Current team

Northampton Town

Number1

Youth career

Middlesbrough

2010–2011Leicester City