Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

I think his point was more relating to the fact that Rashford has established himself as a regular in the Man Utd squad after being somewhat of a revelation for them which consequently led to him being called up to the England squad, why would he then come to Derby? :lol:

Yes, I was being sarcastic :) 

4 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Mail - little or no transfer expenditure available to Pearson.

On the website it says this : Sportsmail understands Derby believe Pearson can provide the required inspiration for the current squad without the need for another summer of heavy investment.

That suggests to me that the board would like Pearson to get the best out of the current squad but investment will be there if he needs it

Just browsing Leicester's squad on wiki, they've actually got a surprisingly small squad and there aren't many players from their promotion season left who we could realistically get. A fair few like Nugent and Knockaert have moved on and most of the others are important first-team players.

Some potential names are:
Richie De Laet
Matty James
Liam Moore
(all of whom have already been mentioned)

You'd have thought we'll be looking for players who better fit a 4-4-2, i.e. wide midfielders and perhaps a striker who fits better into a front two.

Pearson will probably sign some defenders who cannot trap a ball on occasions but who frighten the crepe out of strong men. Still remember being brushed aside by Leicester when they got promoted. Bad day that was.

De Laet(permanent), Wasilewski(his contract is up at Leicester so free transfer), Lloyd Dyer(contract up at Burnley so free transfer), Matty James loan, David Nugent(permanent)

He will want people who will die for the cause and those players above know his system.

9 minutes ago, McLovin said:

De Laet(permanent), Wasilewski(his contract is up at Leicester so free transfer), Lloyd Dyer(contract up at Burnley so free transfer), Matty James loan, David Nugent(permanent)

He will want people who will die for the cause and those players above know his system.

I agree entirely, McLovin.Will be interesting. I hope that he has got some foreign unheard of gems on his list as well. I think that he will be given £20 million over the season but must sell £8 - 10 million of existing players for Fair Play.

Someone brilliant on here should be able to tell us how much we can spend this year.

I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one Man United youth player join us. Pearson's signed many of them over the years e.g. Drinkwater, James, Brady, Keane, Brady, De Laet. Of course Mourinho may now send them to Middlesbrough/Karanka now though.

I believe that during the last season where NP was unemployed he will have been casting his eye over many different players with his next managerial position in mind. 

Football folk just can't get enough of the game employed or otherwise, he will have had a list of players his previous scouts have recommended and I believe we will reap the rewards of their reports. 

Fingers crossed we find the next Vardy, Mahrez and Drinkwater. 

Will Grigg. We were rumored to be after him a few seasons back. Proven goalscorer in league 1. Got himself promoted to the Championship with Wigan. 2 years left on his current deal. He would probably cost £2m. Bamford is heading into the final year of his contract. If he's up for coming back that is. A few loan signings too. I think there will be up to a dozen quality players available for loans this season that right now none of us could name, because we simply wouldn't think they would be available. Ultimately depends on what our next boss decides. There are 10 players here that I think could go and wouldn't be missed in the slightest. Just then depends what he wants to do with our current crop of matchday players. 

Archived