Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

11 hours ago, ramit said:

Jóhann Berg Guðmundsson 25 right winger would be a shrewd signing if he has a release clause at Charlton.  Powell could find out if he doesn't know already.  He was their best player in the Championship and shouldn't play one minute in League 1.  Has much international experience and going to the Euro finals shortly.

A little appetizer

He can play out wide and upfront too, looked great when I saw us play Charlton a while back. Would be an excellent signing for sure.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Posh Ram said:

He can play out wide and upfront too, looked great when I saw us play Charlton a while back. Would be an excellent signing for sure.

He's an aggressive hard working technical player, a rather rare combination.  He needs to be playing with quality teammates.  Can't imagine he will stay much longer at Charlton, other clubs must be eyeing him.  With Powell as our assistant and a focused and intense Pearson as manager i think it could be right up his alley to join us.  Jóhann extended his contract a year ago until 2019 and is currently valued at around 2 million euros.  He must have put in a relegation release clause,

10 hours ago, ramit said:

He's an aggressive hard working technical player, a rather rare combination.  He needs to be playing with quality teammates.  Can't imagine he will stay much longer at Charlton, other clubs must be eyeing him.  With Powell as our assistant and a focused and intense Pearson as manager i think it could be right up his alley to join us.  Jóhann extended his contract a year ago until 2019 and is currently valued at around 2 million euros.  He must have put in a relegation release clause,

Agreed - sounds like exactly what we need. The Leicester scouting team put players under some scrutiny to make sure they are going to be hard working enough to be a part of the team. We need some hard workers - especially out wide - if we want to play a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1.

PistoldPete2

Tom Huddleston.. his contract at Hull expires in four weeks not been offered a new one yet. Probably will get an offer from Hull now theyre promoted but any chance of some karma by getting Hud for free after the three amigos practically gave him away?

7 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Tom Huddleston.. his contract at Hull expires in four weeks not been offered a new one yet. Probably will get an offer from Hull now theyre promoted but any chance of some karma by getting Hud for free after the three amigos practically gave him away?

Was thinking about him too. Maybe Pearson could lure someone experienced DM in(bit like Cambiasso)? Carrick would be great but of course unrealistic... Rasmus Elm for free wouldn't be bad option and I'd take him over Huddlestone.

13 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

I think a cental midfielder should be last on the list . 

100%, Bryson, Hughes two of the best in the league.

I would be looking at 2 Strikers (Any two of Bamford, Wells and McCormack)

A centre back (Dunk from Brighton for sure!)

2 wingers (Should look at players like Bakary Sako and Callum McManaman both out of favour at Palace and WBA and done well in the championship previously, Maybe Hoillett another option)

A spare RB (Wisdom maybe to compete with Christie)

31 minutes ago, Joel Stanley said:

100%, Bryson, Hughes two of the best in the league.

I would be looking at 2 Strikers (Any two of Bamford, Wells and McCormack)

A centre back (Dunk from Brighton for sure!)

2 wingers (Should look at players like Bakary Sako and Callum McManaman both out of favour at Palace and WBA and done well in the championship previously, Maybe Hoillett another option)

A spare RB (Wisdom maybe to compete with Christie)

fully agree with these signings

10 minutes ago, McLovin said:

RB: De Laet

CM: Matty James(loan)

Wingers: McManaman(poor man's albrighton?), Matt Phillips

Strikers: Nugent, Wells

Only Matt Phillips would actually improve what we have.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Only Matt Phillips would actually improve what we have.

Disagree, Matty James is better than any midfielder we currently have apart from Hughes, McManaman would be an improvement over Russell and Wells scored more than Martin last season in a poorer team. Anyway it's pointless discussing whether they would be better or not, I've only suggested these players because they have either played under Pearson in the past or have played in formations that Pearson has played in the past like 4-4-2 and have similar attributes to ex Pearson players. Although Martin is a better player than Nugent, if we are going with a formation like 4-4-2 then Nugent could be more effective. Just my opinion. Martin hasn't looked too convincing when in a 2 up front formation in the past for Scotland, Norwich or Derby

We HAVE to get a striker with pace and quality this summer whether that's to play alongside or to replace Martin. Players with pace and quality have proven to be successful in this league in enabling teams to get promoted, Jerome with Norwich, Ighalo with Watford, Burnley with Andre Gray and Danny Ings previously, Leicester with Vardy, Bournemouth with Wilson to name a few. 

31 minutes ago, McLovin said:

We HAVE to get a striker with pace and quality this summer whether that's to play alongside or to replace Martin. Players with pace and quality have proven to be successful in this league in enabling teams to get promoted, Jerome with Norwich, Ighalo with Watford, Burnley with Andre Gray and Danny Ings previously, Leicester with Vardy, Bournemouth with Wilson to name a few. 

Would you take Bamford back? not the quickest but proven Championship goalscorer and never really given a chance as central striker at us

Id love bamford back - absolute class at this level (he is pretty quick too)

I'm hoping that a decent preseason and the change of management will bring the best out of blackman (who was unplayable -according to some- prior to moving to us)

Aside from more goals though i can't see much need for any dramatic changes 

Id agree that better cover/competion at cb is needed and probably at rb too although imo we have some of the best players in the league in these positions already

Id be looking to offload

Baird

Pearce

Albentosa

Shotton 

Some players could be sold or might want to leave if there is a good offer but outside of those circumstances i think we are already in a strong position

Of course there are potentially better players:

Mccormack would give us something different

Pritchard would be amazing

Kodjia looked very good in a poor team

Hanley is better than all of our back up cbs

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

RB: De Laet

CM: Matty James(loan)

Wingers: McManaman(poor man's albrighton?), Matt Phillips

Strikers: Nugent, Wells

I'd like too see Matt phillips, Wells, nugent and de Laet off that list , so pretty much agree with you ? , not seen much of matty james so can't comment there, don't like McManaman .

27 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Id love bamford back - absolute class at this level (he is pretty quick too)

I'm hoping that a decent preseason and the change of management will bring the best out of blackman (who was unplayable -according to some- prior to moving to us)

Aside from more goals though i can't see much need for any dramatic changes 

Id agree that better cover/competion at cb is needed and probably at rb too although imo we have some of the best players in the league in these positions already

Id be looking to offload

Baird

Pearce

Albentosa

Shotton 

Some players could be sold or might want to leave if there is a good offer but outside of those circumstances i think we are already in a strong position

Pritchard is a great shout! Was class at Brentford season before last

58 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Id be looking to offload

Baird

Pearce

Albentosa

Shotton 

I worry that you'd have a massive lack of squad balance here though... Seems everyone on here wants more forwards when we already have a glut of mids and forwards...

Assuming at the very least that Albentosa, Shotton and Pearce won't be with us by the start of the season we'll be fairly light in defence... A RB to give Christie back-up/competition is essential but other than that we should be fine...

Still think we need a proper back-up for Thorne... Someone to start the season... Then whether we play 3 CMs or 2 we already have 6/7 players for those spots... All would consider themselves in first team contention so how can anyone justify bringing in another CM without 1 or 2 going out?

The wingers/forwards we have 4/5 guys who can play on the wing (4-3-3 wing)... 2 out and out forwards... and at least 3 who would consider themselves 'better suited' to playing as one of 2 up front... 

Archived