Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

I think we should go for Dan Bentley on a free. 

Wells should be out no.1 trasnfer target this summer imo. 

Would take any of Wisdom, Ryan Taylor or De Laet for RB and wouldnt mind Manga at CB

Wellington Silva or Pritchard on loan would be decent too.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, sheepshagger123 said:

have a feeling pearson will keep baird as he can play many positions. maybe an experienced head will be what he needs without paying ££.

Dreadful, mediocre, boring, uncharismatic footballer. Pride Park needs to become a fortress - and no team turns up scared of a defence or midfield that includes Chris Baird. He should be the first name on the list to get out the door.

3 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I worry that you'd have a massive lack of squad balance here though... Seems everyone on here wants more forwards when we already have a glut of mids and forwards...

Assuming at the very least that Albentosa, Shotton and Pearce won't be with us by the start of the season we'll be fairly light in defence... A RB to give Christie back-up/competition is essential but other than that we should be fine...

Still think we need a proper back-up for Thorne... Someone to start the season... Then whether we play 3 CMs or 2 we already have 6/7 players for those spots... All would consider themselves in first team contention so how can anyone justify bringing in another CM without 1 or 2 going out?

The wingers/forwards we have 4/5 guys who can play on the wing (4-3-3 wing)... 2 out and out forwards... and at least 3 who would consider themselves 'better suited' to playing as one of 2 up front... 

Batman returns and he has spoken.

Batman_Returns_Poster.jpg

59 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Pritchard is apparently "for sale" with Burnley interested, be nice if we got in before them, very good player! 

Don't think we will be spending the £8m it will cost to buy him, unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Lyle taylor seems a decent playee could be a decent signing could be our 750k upto 1m

Yeah he's a decent player, I would say he's worth a punt if we are looking especially when we were happy to pay £2m for jolly old Nick Blackman 

Although I don't normally like these threads, well not since I surpassed 17, I'm bored, grumpy and tired. 

I was to stress the importance of how I would change my outlook on how we should approach this summer transfer window. For me, I think we've got to attack the transfer market with a bit of intelligence. At the end of the day, we're a business and we should be looking to players that could make us a profit in the future. 

I also think signing players in-form is mental. 12 months ago we paid £6million for Johnson as he was rightly touted as one of the best midfielders in the league. I'd get rid for £1.5m now. Players thrive/falter in different systems and teams. You take a player in-form and put him in a different environment then I would argue his form before meant diddly squat. 

So, with the view to looking at relatively young players or those whose stock is currently low, there is actually three ex loanees that I would take a strong look at... 

Patrick Bamford - if we are to go 4-4-2 then I'd do whatever possible to get him in.
Tom Carroll - Technically a good player, he's got a lot more steel in him now then when we had him all those years ago.
Andre Wisdom - no brainer, fits in many positions and we know that he fits in well with the squad here. 

I'd also be tempted to take a chance on someone like Will Keane. He's beyond outstanding for the United U21s, but hasn't really done it at senior level. I wouldn't break the bank on him, but I'd look at him as a fairly good gamble. 

1 minute ago, Rampage said:

Derby County seem a totally different Club from two weeks ago. Pearson has done nothing yet but sign up and there is now so much positivity. Amazing turn around. COYR

I think we all needed that leader type figure .

9 hours ago, Joel Stanley said:

100%, Bryson, Hughes two of the best in the league.

I would be looking at 2 Strikers (Any two of Bamford, Wells and McCormack)

A centre back (Dunk from Brighton for sure!)

2 wingers (Should look at players like Bakary Sako and Callum McManaman both out of favour at Palace and WBA and done well in the championship previously, Maybe Hoillett another option)

A spare RB (Wisdom maybe to compete with Christie)

Hoillett is out of contract but Swansea and a Greek team (if I remember right) were interested.

47 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

I think we all needed that leader type figure .

Its gone from the club being behind the fans to the fans being behind the club

Long may it continue as well 

I hope to god the stand behind the dug out don't start giving NP some abuse if it starts slowly :ph34r:

Hope Pearson is watching tonight's game with Ireland. We really do need another rb, we can't afford to rely on Christie for the whole of next season, he is inconsistent despite being one of our best performers last season. Can't rely on him to be playing well the whole season. I dont see why we shouldn't go for another right back because we have 2 solid left backs

31 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Hope Pearson is watching tonight's game with Ireland. We really do need another rb, we can't afford to rely on Christie for the whole of next season, he is inconsistent despite being one of our best performers last season. Can't rely on him to be playing well the whole season. I dont see why we shouldn't go for another right back because we have 2 solid left backs

100 % agree . 

3 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Although I don't normally like these threads, well not since I surpassed 17, I'm bored, grumpy and tired. 

I was to stress the importance of how I would change my outlook on how we should approach this summer transfer window. For me, I think we've got to attack the transfer market with a bit of intelligence. At the end of the day, we're a business and we should be looking to players that could make us a profit in the future. 

I also think signing players in-form is mental. 12 months ago we paid £6million for Johnson as he was rightly touted as one of the best midfielders in the league. I'd get rid for £1.5m now. Players thrive/falter in different systems and teams. You take a player in-form and put him in a different environment then I would argue his form before meant diddly squat. 

So, with the view to looking at relatively young players or those whose stock is currently low, there is actually three ex loanees that I would take a strong look at... 

Patrick Bamford - if we are to go 4-4-2 then I'd do whatever possible to get him in.
Tom Carroll - Technically a good player, he's got a lot more steel in him now then when we had him all those years ago.
Andre Wisdom - no brainer, fits in many positions and we know that he fits in well with the squad here. 

I'd also be tempted to take a chance on someone like Will Keane. He's beyond outstanding for the United U21s, but hasn't really done it at senior level. I wouldn't break the bank on him, but I'd look at him as a fairly good gamble. 

Can't quite see the attraction with Wisdom.

He did okay with us a couple of years ago but since then his career has gone nowhere. Hesitant in defence and awkward in attack. One of the shrewdest managers, a good judge of a defender, has repeatedly opted to leave him out.

Left footed centre half, also can play at left back. Good player, knows Keogh well. 26 and of similar profile to Shackell.

I can see Buxton moving on, Shotton definitely going and Albentosa already as good as gone. So another defender would need to come in.

Personally I think Clark would be a good signing.

Note: I'm not ITK, I'm not starting a rumour. I just think I'm a better scout than the guy who spotted Albentosa. Lol.

Archived