Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

1 hour ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

Left footed centre half, also can play at left back. Good player, knows Keogh well. 26 and of similar profile to Shackell.

I can see Buxton moving on, Shotton definitely going and Albentosa already as good as gone. So another defender would need to come in.

Personally I think Clark would be a good signing.

Note: I'm not ITK, I'm not starting a rumour. I just think I'm a better scout than the guy who spotted Albentosa. Lol.

Merged this with the summer transfer suggestion thread.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say Kalou is well out of our range, he was a regular starter and hit 14 in 32 for a top 7 German side last season so he won't step back this far or take the necessary wage drop. Maybe if we'd gone up. Surprised he's only 30.

Huddlestone has said he's not sure on his future at Hull. Wouldn't mind him coming back to us if we are to offload a few CM's.  Great competition and cover for Thorne.

Downside is that he'll probably want big money and last time we gave a newly promoted player big money to come to us, he didn't exactly set the world alight. 

I think this is the first transfer window where I'm more interested to see who goes OUT than who comes in...

For me we need to have rid of Albentosa and Shotton... I'd like to keep Pearce IF he'd be happy to be understudy to Keogh... But doubt he will... Then we have 6 CMs who all expect first team football... And a load of forwards who are all around the same ability level (ie, good but somewhat inconsistent)

Don't see the value of buying any Mids or Forwards at all at the moment... As almost every player we have for those positions already will consider themselves a first team player...

5 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Sone Aluko on a free wouldnt be too bad, lost his way at Hull but similar player to the likes of Afobe and Gray...maybe worth a gamble

Was just going to suggest that , saw he had been released today . He did well up in Scotland just hasn't scored enough .

16 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Was just going to suggest that , saw he had been released today . He did well up in Scotland just hasn't scored enough .

Ryan Taylor - RB

Dan Bentley - GK

Both of them on frees as well as Aluko, 3 players who would all add to the squad

Depends completely on NP system etc  but options that spring to mins

Goalkeepers

Daniel Bentley (Southend) if Grant goes

Full Backs

James Bree (Barnsley) OR Andre Wisdon OR De Leat

Centre Backs

Liam Moore/Sylvain Distin if NP wants new CB and leader

Defensive Midfielders

Leon Britton (Swansea), Maybe Matty James?

Centre Midfielders

No one. Huddlestone if we end up offloading plenty and want a different option

Wingers

Alex Pritchard given half a chance. Would be a lot of cash to pay (maybe loan with option to buy?)

Strikers

Optimist- mousa dembele/ rudy gestede/ Bamford

Realist: Zach Clough/ Sune Aluko 

And as loads of people have said Naki Wells 

Buxton, Shotton, Grant, Albentosa, Baird, out. Possibly Hendrick too if he has a good Euro's and someone offers us good money.

Dwight Gayle and Ciaran Clarke in. And someone to cover or replace Thorne.

Oh and spend the summer converting Camara into Kante.

Squad needs cutting down.

18 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I think this is the first transfer window where I'm more interested to see who goes OUT than who comes in...

For me we need to have rid of Albentosa and Shotton... I'd like to keep Pearce IF he'd be happy to be understudy to Keogh... But doubt he will... Then we have 6 CMs who all expect first team football... And a load of forwards who are all around the same ability level (ie, good but somewhat inconsistent)

Don't see the value of buying any Mids or Forwards at all at the moment... As almost every player we have for those positions already will consider themselves a first team player...

I wouldn't go that far but I know what you mean after such a strange period of recruitment which has baffled and frustrated us, it will be satisfy to see some pruning and shaping.

Which ironically will then lead to de-forestation.

I agree with the first bit but Ciaran Clark is being linked with West Brom in the prem and Dwight Gayle just signed a new contract until 2019 so doubt he would jump ship at this point. I think the above post made some good suggestions in Wisdom, Moore, Pritchard and Wells.

we dont need any cb's. we have 2 very good ones in keogh and shackell. rawson can be backup. 

we dont need a lb. we have 3 very good ones in ollsson, forsyth and lowe

we need 1 rb to challange Christie. possibly de laet or wisdom

no cm needed unless we sell.

1 cdm to cover for thorne.  not sure who

1 new winger. bakary sako 

1 new striker. whells or bamford

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E2hX0IoB_w

I firmly believe that Nahki Wells is an absolute must in the next transfer window.

He's fast, he anticipates mistakes, he can use both feet and he can use his head!!! :thumbsup:

All round great player who could probably play off Martin? And he knows Powell.... What more do you want ???

One more thing... He looks like a decent free-kick and penalty taker??

Personally would love to see him at Derby !!!

Archived