Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Shane long being released from southampion

Maybe a good opation on a free.

Not sure where you've heard that mate. I think he's still got 2 years left on his current deal and he's linked with moves to Liverpool and Spurs.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

The sun

On teletext saying these players heading towards exit door midfielder victore wanyama

Shane long graziano pelle  ronald koeman.

Seen that as well but not being released, would be sold. Long has 2 years left and as Cam said Spurs and Liverpool are interested (apparently). 

39 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

The sun

On teletext saying these players heading towards exit door midfielder victore wanyama

Shane long graziano pelle  ronald koeman.

A couple of days ago in The Sun:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/7183001/Southampton-set-to-offer-Shane-Long-a-bumper-new-contract-to-fend-off-Tottenham-and-Liverpool.html

SOUTHAMPTON are ready to offer striker Shane Long a bumper new contract to fend off interest from Liverpool and Tottenham.

Long is in high demand after enjoying the best season of his career, scoring ten Premier League goals for the first time.

Liverpool made enquiries for former Hull, Reading and West Brom ace Long in January and Jurgen Klopp remains an admirer. Spurs are showing interest in Saints pair Long and Wanyama with Champions League football to offer.

Long, 29, has two years left on the four-year contract he signed after completing an £11m move from Hull as one of Ronald Koeman first signings.

We cannot offer Premier League football let alone Champions League football!

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well telling what i have seen but what about other players if they are avaible.

All of the Saints players mentioned "heading for the exit door after Koeman" will be doing so to get European football/play at bigger clubs. As it stands, we offer neither of these things. And there's the transfer fees and wages, all too much for us at the minute.

If we look at any Saints players, it will be youngsters or loaning an out-of-favour player (think Ramires to Boro)

I've mentioned him before in this thread but thought I'd bring him up again... what about Scott Hogan from Brentford? 

His goal scoring record for Brentford and Rochdale is very impressive - 7 goals in 7 appearances last season, averaging a goal every 24 mins (according to Transfermarkt).

However, his injury record would be a worry if we were to go after him.

13 hours ago, Derbados7 said:

Wouldn't mind us signing Che Adams from Sheffield United. Good pacy young player, can play on either wing or up top, and I think with better players around him he could really be something special

Think he only just signed a new deal recently and I think that was because everton were after him, can't see us beating them to him

15 hours ago, Derbados7 said:

Wouldn't mind us signing Che Adams from Sheffield United. Good pacy young player, can play on either wing or up top, and I think with better players around him he could really be something special

We have too many players that can 'play on both wings and up top' i.e Weimann, Russell, Blackman, Camara. We need an out and out winger such as Bakary Sako or Pritchard

2 hours ago, Joel Stanley said:

We have too many players that can 'play on both wings and up top' i.e Weimann, Russell, Blackman, Camara. We need an out and out winger such as Bakary Sako or Pritchard

Pretty sure Pritchard is a CAM that was played on the wings at Brentford, and therefore is the exact thing you're saying we don't want...  :lol:

43 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Steven taylor is leaving newcastle i think on a free so worth a punt at least i think could be good cover for shackall or keough. Incase something happens to him in the euros.

Think Steven Taylor off to Rangers good signing if he is. Good defender on his days. 

Archived