Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

All this talk about clubs trying to unearth some talent in the lower leagues , like Leicester did with Vardy , had me having a look at some of the end of season stats to see if i could possibly spot one , the player i came up with was Paddy Madden of Ssausagehorpe , very hard working and chipped in with his fair share of goals , instead of all this arguing guys why not have a go yourselves and see if you can spot the next Vardy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Premier ram said:

All this talk about clubs trying to unearth some talent in the lower leagues , like Leicester did with Vardy , had me having a look at some of the end of season stats to see if i could possibly spot one , the player i came up with was Paddy Madden of Ssausagehorpe , very hard working and chipped in with his fair share of goals , instead of all this arguing guys why not have a go yourselves and see if you can spot the next Vardy

Wasn't he at Yeovil when they were doing well, only to jettison him off to Ssausagehorpe in the transfer window of the season they had been promoted?

Was a surprise, as he bagged loads of goals the season before...

2 hours ago, maydrakin said:

Wasn't he at Yeovil when they were doing well, only to jettison him off to Ssausagehorpe in the transfer window of the season they had been promoted?

Was a surprise, as he bagged loads of goals the season before...

He went in the January they were in the championship, he played about 10 games without scoring before they sold him. IIRC he had a big argument with the manager (Gary Johnson?) and fell out of favour. But could be completely wrong on that.

6 hours ago, rynny said:

He went in the January they were in the championship, he played about 10 games without scoring before they sold him. IIRC he had a big argument with the manager (Gary Johnson?) and fell out of favour. But could be completely wrong on that.

It was something along those lines. One of my mates is a Yeovil fan, I recall him telling me at the time that Madden thought he was bigger than the team after being top scorer the year before. Fell out with the manager as he wasn't playing him every minute of every game, kicked off big time, even though he wasn't scoring or assisting. Then in the January moved from Yeovil in the Championship to Ssausagehorpe in League Two on more money.

He's an absolute no go for me with that attitude.

Edit - just a quick google, indeed it was his attitude problems:

"If he was up to it at this moment in time then we'd play him," said Johnson.

He told BBC Somerset: "But I chose the team that was going to give us 100%. If I don't think that they can, then I won't play them."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/24607781

1 hour ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

It was something along those lines. One of my mates is a Yeovil fan, I recall him telling me at the time that Madden thought he was bigger than the team after being top scorer the year before. Fell out with the manager as he wasn't playing him every minute of every game, kicked off big time, even though he wasn't scoring or assisting. Then in the January moved from Yeovil in the Championship to Ssausagehorpe in League Two on more money.

He's an absolute no go for me with that attitude.

Edit - just a quick google, indeed it was his attitude problems:

"If he was up to it at this moment in time then we'd play him," said Johnson.

He told BBC Somerset: "But I chose the team that was going to give us 100%. If I don't think that they can, then I won't play them."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/24607781

Thought so.

Not sure what to be more impressed with, that I got the right manager or that he had a fall out with him ?

A very unrealistic suggestion, Moussa Dembele. On a free this summer would demand big wages with a few Prem teams sniffing round but with no transfer fee involved it would be worth it. Just read an artical in which Frank Leboeuf has told him he needs to pick his next move wisely as choosing a team that won't play him could affect his long term career.

35 minutes ago, YouRams said:

A very unrealistic suggestion, Moussa Dembele. On a free this summer would demand big wages with a few Prem teams sniffing round but with no transfer fee involved it would be worth it. Just read an artical in which Frank Leboeuf has told him he needs to pick his next move wisely as choosing a team that won't play him could affect his long term career.

Under 24, so would still have to pay compensation, probably £5m+ of it.

Jordan Ibe

Was gutted when Rodgers recalled him after such an impressive loan, not getting much of a look in under Klopp and they'll more than likely strengthen the wide area's throughout the Summer pushing him either further down the pack. Heard they'll listen to offer's for Ibe, so surely worth a pun? A top player at this level; tricky, confidence to beat his man, scores, assists, YOUNG...

Even a season loan would be a major coup

24 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Under 24, so would still have to pay compensation, probably £5m+ of it.

Even at that figure I think he's still worth it 17 goals last season and will only get better, as I said unrealistic though can see him going to a Prem team.

6 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Even at that figure I think he's still worth it 17 goals last season and will only get better, as I said unrealistic though can see him going to a Prem team.

He's been linked with a few foreign teams too, and they only have to pay buttons for him.

18 minutes ago, SIWY said:

Just seen Fulham have released Kacaniklic. I thought he looked decent against us last season, might be worth a punt for free.

14 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

he's a good young winger at this level , strange decision to release him in my eyes he's only 24

I liked him but would you have him ahead of Russell, Ince or Weimann? No point getting people for the sake of it...

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

I liked him but would you have him ahead of Russell, Ince or Weimann? No point getting people for the sake of it...

If we play 442, with a top two of Martin and weimman then we have Russell, Camara and ince as wingers, might need another one (unless we play one of Forsyth/Ollson as a LM

1 hour ago, Lord_Ram said:

If we play 442, with a top two of Martin and weimman then we have Russell, Camara and ince as wingers, might need another one (unless we play one of Forsyth/Ollson as a LM

I'd say if we were playing 442 we would definitely need a winger who can use his right foot as those 3 are left footed

1 hour ago, Lord_Ram said:

IF we play 4 4 2 I'd rather go out and buy some actual wingers... All of those guys are forwards by original trad who've been moved back to the 'wide left/right' positions... Moving them even further back into a 4 4 2 seems a waste...

We really don't have the squad to play 4 4 2 at the moment and I really hope Pearson picks up on this otherwise we'll have a LOT of round pegs in square holes next season...

Archived