Derby County v Bolton Wanderers

eddie

If we turn up there's only one result, regardless of the team set up, starting order or strategy. On the other hand if we revert to pre Hull .. Them who knows. .. Anyway, ever the optimist .. We'll give them a thumping .. Kind of 3-0 I think ( hope )

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jono said:

If we turn up there's only one result, regardless of the team set up, starting order or strategy. On the other hand if we revert to pre Hull .. Them who knows. .. Anyway, ever the optimist .. We'll give them a thumping .. Kind of 3-0 I think ( hope )

Well if odds are anything to go by I've seen a Bolton win at 11-1 with sky bet. :) they should be going for a win tomorrow so we should catch them on the counter attack.

front of 

ince butterfield Bryson Russell 

martin

should tear them apart tomorrow if 2-0 up give hughesy 15-20mins at the end.

5 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Just how bad are Bolton?

I havent seen anything of them this season, but 0 away wins all season tells its own story.

Only side in 4 divisions, I believe.

Are they as bad as Blackpool were last season?  I seem to remember they were cut adrift with a make shirt team due to having no funds to pay players or sign anyone. Even when derby won only 3 matches in 3 months at the end of last season we still easily won 4-0.

Bolton mate at work. He says they really really are abysmal.... Well words to that effect? .  Quite intriguing this one,  could be a cricket score.  Have we anyone called Brathwaite in our squad? 

Bolton look as though they have given up and got humped by a Brentford side who could hardly win at home.

For sure there are no absolute certainties in football but we should be targeting a hefty win to bring our goal difference back to those just above us.

I think 4-0 after about 70 mins then throttle back. It is our 3rd game in a week which has been our undoing several times this season. 

The longer the game goes on the harder it will be, I don't think Bolton will go for it, but defend deeply, try to gain confidence by us not scoring and then hit us on the break for a 0-1. If they go for it they will lose and it could be any score . For me 1-0 or 2-0 Rams, Hull score was a one off. I have a feeling it could be a frustrating 2-1 Rams. 

I hopr Hughes doesn't come on, we need to build him up, not rush him.

3 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

The longer the game goes on the harder it will be, I don't think Bolton will go for it, but defend deeply, try to gain confidence by us not scoring and then hit us on the break for a 0-1. If they go for it they will lose and it could be any score . For me 1-0 or 2-0 Rams, Hull score was a one off. I have a feeling it could be a frustrating 2-1 Rams. 

I hopr Hughes doesn't come on, we need to build him up, not rush him.

Bringing him on for 20 mins at the end is exactly what he needs. he's been built up for 6 weeks training hard and had 60 mins for U21's. It's time for him to dip his toe in the first team.

2 hours ago, Reithe glas said:

Dunno, it's kinda fishy alright.

Bryson himself addressed this and simply said something to the effect that Cardiff just pinned derby back for 15 mins - applied a ton of pressure and passed at a premier league tempo. That affected confidence. They were on fire and we panicked and hoofed. Against Hull we did what Cardiff did and then getting the goal drove us on. Plus you had Christie in and Johnson in a central role. So maybe that was a factor? 

Bolton's last 30 away league games:

P 30  W 1  D 6  L 23

They've averaged less than one goal per game scored in that period and more than two goals per game conceded. Their last away league win was on the 6th April 2015, over a year ago.

What could possibly go wrong?

1 hour ago, Rampant said:

Bolton's last 30 away league games:

P 30  W 1  D 6  L 23

They've averaged less than one goal per game scored in that period and more than two goals per game conceded. Their last away league win was on the 6th April 2015, over a year ago.

What could possibly go wrong?

Dang it I Was all chirpy and now I'm getting nervous again :lol:

Should be the easiest game of the season on paper,and surely about how well we play ,more so than if we win ,hopefully after Tuesday we will show consistency in form and work levels and bag a few, bookies have us at 1-5 ,COYR and all of you going enjoy 

Sith Happens
11 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Should be the easiest game of the season on paper,and surely about how well we play ,more so than if we win ,hopefully after Tuesday we will show consistency in form and work levels and bag a few, bookies have us at 1-5 ,COYR and all of you going enjoy 

Yes...but then the MK Dons fixture should have been easy too.

I think we will win, easily, 3-0

Archived