Derby County v Bolton Wanderers

eddie

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, McLovin said:

Wouldn't risk him yet. I'd play him in the game against Arsenal in the under 21s on monday though and take it from there

Seems like bench v Bolton, playing v Arsenal:

Derby play Bolton on Saturday, although Hughes is also down to play for the under-21's in their clash with Arsenal at the Ipro Stadium on Monday.

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Hughes is officially available for selection, per Wassall. 

About time.

Eventhough everyone (outside UK) knows that physio, surgeries and rehab done in UK is joke, he really should be playing already. What it is, 8 months now?

1 minute ago, Dimmu said:

About time.

Eventhough everyone (outside UK) knows that physio, surgeries and rehab done in UK is joke, he really should be playing already. What it is, 8 months now?

Which is pretty standard for athletes returning to "performance fitness". NFL players are out for the season when they tear ACL, there are the occasional exception but it's pretty standard.

Big difference between repairing the leg and having the ability to play football at a relatively high standard. Hughes has been walking fine for a few months. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Which is pretty standard for athletes returning to "performance fitness". NFL players are out for the season when they tear ACL, there are the occasional exception but it's pretty standard.

Big difference between repairing the leg and having the ability to play football at a relatively high standard. Hughes has been walking fine for a few months. 

I beg to differ, it should still happen faster. Or at least it happens outside UK :o

If it's only ACL, walking should be easy quite rapidly (6-7 weeks after op).

In NFL it's different of course as the players are so heavy.

9 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I beg to differ, it should still happen faster. Or at least it happens outside UK :o

Not all of them, many cornerbacks and wide recievers have very similar builds to our football players, and it takes them just as long. 

Athletics puts the ligaments under a lot of strain, and in football the ACL is put under more strain than in most other sports, far more fast paced changes in direction - you *can* play a lot sooner, but you don't want to start playing until the ligament is no longer holding any weaknesses from the tear. 

It might be true that footballers return from ACLs faster elsewhere than in the UK but if so it'll be nowhere near by the margin you're implying. 

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Not all of them, many cornerbacks and wide recievers have very similar builds to our football players, and it takes them just as long. 

Athletics puts the ligaments under a lot of strain, and in football the ACL is put under more strain than in most other sports, far more fast paced changes in direction - you *can* play a lot sooner, but you don't want to start playing until the ligament is no longer holding any weaknesses from the tear. 

It might be true that footballers return from ACLs faster elsewhere than in the UK but if so it'll be nowhere near by the margin you're implying. 

Of course there is individuals difference in these cases too but I know footballers who has walked without crunches month after op. What I said about 6-7 weeks was just from my own experience and as I wasn't pro at the time, so of course it took me while longer...not sure when Will started to walk pretty normally, my guess is that your guess about it ain't that accurate.

1 minute ago, Dimmu said:

Of course there is individuals difference in these cases too but I know footballers who has walked without crunches month after op. What I said about 6-7 weeks was just from my own experience and as I wasn't pro at the time, so of course it took me while longer...not sure when Will started to walk pretty normally, my guess is that your guess about it ain't that accurate.

It's not so much a guess as struggling to remember, as we've been very much kept in the loop on Hughes' progress. He was walking very early. 

14 minutes ago, Brighton Ram said:

Bradley is a doubt for Saturday. We're doomed. :(

Go back and tell the forum at 19:45 on Tuesday that Johnson would be a doubt for Sat, they'd be ******' delighted.

Same team please, if everyone's fit, same attitude, from players, and the fans to keep roaring the lads on, if our key players turn up, (which I am sure they wil) Martin, Bryson, Thorne. Keogh and Carson, and we mix our game up like we did against Hull, we will have no problems, score will be 3 0 to the Rams 1 for Ince, 1 for Russell and one for super Chris Martin.

3 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Could you enlighten me on your genuine opinion on George Thorne. No visible issue with his ACL anymore...., no ACL issues reported when he returned to the team 7months after he did his, but certainly not even now as match fit as he was two years ago.

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, Brighton Ram said:

Bradley is a doubt for Saturday. We're doomed. :(

He scored two goals after he got injured so maybe hes better playing on one leg.

1 hour ago, igorlegend said:

Could you enlighten me on your genuine opinion on George Thorne. No visible issue with his ACL anymore...., no ACL issues reported when he returned to the team 7months after he did his, but certainly not even now as match fit as he was two years ago.

Unfortunately I don't have knowledge about Thorne, I only have knowledge about the doing your ACL... I played after 5,5 months but it took me much longer to play like Seth again. Knee was ready, but mentally I wasn't. Maybe the reason is similar with Thorne?

Of course as he did his rehab in UK and his knee could be ****** forever...

1 hour ago, igorlegend said:

I can't Igor but I agree with you. There has been something missing especially in the first half yard. All the same there were signs on Tuesday that while he has been at 85% it was begining to look more like 90 as the evening progressed. 

Just how bad are Bolton?

I havent seen anything of them this season, but 0 away wins all season tells its own story.

Only side in 4 divisions, I believe.

Are they as bad as Blackpool were last season?  I seem to remember they were cut adrift with a make shirt team due to having no funds to pay players or sign anyone. Even when derby won only 3 matches in 3 months at the end of last season we still easily won 4-0.

Archived