Derby County v Bolton Wanderers

eddie

Saturday 9 April

iPro Stadium, Derby, 3:00 pm kickoff.

Bolton's only claim to fame in their recent history, and by 'recent' I mean in the last 50 years, is it featured quite heavily in the classic Monty Python 'Dead Parrot' sketch as the failed palindrome, Notlob. Recently announced debts of £172m, coupled with Wanderers being adrift at the foot of the Championship table a staggering 17 points from safety, means that a victory by Derby - or even a draw - would see Bolton relegated to the third tier. In recent weeks (and by 'recent' this time I mean over the previous 39 games since they hit the woodwork 3 times and broke both Bryson and Hughes and in the process ended Derby's season nine months early), they have shown less life than the aforementioned parrot.

I am going to enjoy the next few days post-Hull. You watch some bugger spoil it on Saturday.

Don't bother going to the match - just enjoy the video...

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've got to win this one to make the Hull one count. No point in smashing Hull then not turning up for Bolton. 

Thats probaby been the most frustrating thing recently getting a good win folllowed by not picking up a result against as side we're expected to beat.

I get a sick feeling in my stomach for these games.

Bolton bottom of the league, relegated if they lose, Havent won away all season.

What can possibly go wrong?

I just hope the team enjoyed themselves so much last night that they will want the feeling again.

Do we know exactly what magic Arry performed to transform the team?

10 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Bolton bottom of the league, relegated if they lose, Havent won away all season.

I just hope the team enjoyed themselves so much last night that they will want the feeling again.

...because naturally, it was achieved despite Wassall.

28 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Oh yes, Cardiff was Wassall's fault and Hull was down to Redknapp. :angry:

Hull was down to Clough.

2 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

Oh yes, Cardiff was Wassall's fault and Hull was down to Redknapp. :angry:

Obviously. 

Cardiff is a hell of a commute, can't imagine Redknapp was even there. 

8 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Did I read somewhere that we can relegate Bolton on Saturday, or was I imagining it?

Yeah we can. Bolton have to beat us to not get relegated this weekend.

They may as well roll over and accept the inevitable. Even if they did beat us it ain't gonna save them

Yes they will be down if we beat them on Saturday, so we have to be cruel to be kind and put them out of their misery. That will then take all the pressure off them and they can go and enjoy the rest of their season with nothing left to lose and beat Cardiff, Hull and Middlesbrough in their last few games. Simple.

7 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

yes a worry isn't it; actually they will be far more dangerous once they have been relegated so maybe it s the right time to play them

Remember we are talking about Derby. Let's not get carried away with the out of the blue performance against Hull. I think we are living in a parallel universe where there is a Derby team which plays like that all the time and another world where we are pretty awful. Occasionally a window opens from the latter and the good team shines through. I wonder which team will play Bolton?

Archived