Derby County v Bolton Wanderers

eddie

Enjoyable game, Bolton were shocking. Good practice match to get even more confidence. 

If only we got that Johnny Russell every week, he was on fire. His first goal..  what a screamer. Great to see Hughes back, the reception was nothing more than he deserves. Ince again, was good. Much better on the left wing, more unpredictable and has good link up with Olsson. 

That's the team to stick with Wassall, took your time but you've finally picked the right players. Just need to do what we do at home, away, and we'll make the play offs. 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought the Bolton fans were pretty funny, loved the Que Sera, Sera chant. I was talking to a Bolton fan after the game and he sounded so down and reckoned that they are going to go straight down to league 2.

Overall it was an easy game, but we played really well and could have scored 7. We scored some absolute screamers today and it was great seeing Hughes come on. 

Some great goals and a hatful of near misses. Bryson is our engine room. I am trying to understand if 'Arry' has done something on the training ground or if it's just Bryson inspiring his team mates to get their fingers out. We are certainly sitting higher up the pitch and playing to our strengths. Butterfield slotted in well. JR was probably MOTM for his energy and great goals and passes, but Bryson is the one that makes us move the ball quickly. 

All in all it was Tuesday again and delight to watch. Ince has so much talent. He is a PL player and 4 million was cheap as chips. Bolton were poor, and lumped in some pretty ugly challenges, although to be fair I thought their right back managed to keep Olson relatively quiet in comparison to recent performances. George gave the ref some lip and followed it up with a heavy tackle and earned himself a booking but the team, to a man, played very well with some great quick stuff. 

Ivan Gaskell making us favourites for the Play-offs.

We certainly have the potential to win the next 2 away games to secure our place in the top 6 with 2 tough games against Wednesday and Brighton coming after, before a likely dead rubber against Ipswich on the final day.

Could and probably should make 80 points. Go in on that kind of form and I don't think anyone will fancy their chances against us home and away.

Plus we're due a win against them, so why not break our Middlesbrough jinx at Wembley?!

COYR.

20 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Thought the Bolton fans were pretty funny, loved the Que Sera, Sera chant. I was talking to a Bolton fan after the game and he sounded so down and reckoned that they are going to go straight down to league 2.

Just goes to show we're pretty well off at Derby, we've struggled to find a consistent starting 11 and have been average up until Tuesday night when we seemed to land on a winning formula, been playing bingo all season trying to find it though haha. 

But we were 6th and a lot were whining about it, me included, but seeing clubs like Blackpool, Bolton, Villa and even Newcastle it just shows we never really had it all that bad tbh, although a defeat in our next game and I'll be moaning again :lol:

PistoldPete2

Quite how it ended up only 4-1 I don't know. So many near misses. Absolutely great to see Hughes on the pitch and one glorious cross from him at the end deserved a goal. A place in the Play offs should be done and dusted now but you never know after last year. 

Just back, enjoyed that although it was never going to match Tuesday night. Great to see Bryson and Russell in such ebullient form, not to mention a great moment when Will returned.

Most eye-catching for me, though, was that we seem to have the 2014-model George Thorne back. I know they were no great shakes today, but suddenly he seems stronger and fitter. It means that he isn't being pushed off the ball any more, he is winning tackles, and most importantly he is looking up and try to move us forward.

Some of our potential rivals are also starting to stumble. Charlton lost late on so they're almost gone, brizzle drubbed the wendies so with mk losing look almost safe and Ipswich have fallen away.

So hopefully a few teams with little to play for will mean we can concentrate on building cohesion and fitness to go into playoffs.

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Some of our potential rivals are also starting to stumble. Charlton lost late on so they're almost gone, brizzle drubbed the wendies so with mk losing look almost safe and Ipswich have fallen away.

So hopefully a few teams with little to play for will mean we can concentrate on building cohesion and fitness to go into playoffs.

I meant of course rivals and remaining opponents. ?

2 hours ago, DCFCArmy said:

Bryson is a beast, he might be thin and small but boy he's got an engine on him, a reliant robin with a train engine. 

We haven't had someone like this in the team that grabs his team mates and pushes them to the limit, we've looked lifeless in some games this games so its a pleasure to see this now. 

Having him back in the side and hughesy comming back just at the right time like two new players for the run in and playoffs. 

Bryson has a massive engine. Think the forrest game  he covered over 11k in the match. Great result today. We just need to keep the momentum going.  A lot of teams will be starting to worry. The rams are starting to get on a roll. 

1 hour ago, G-Ram said:

Having him back in the side and hughesy comming back just at the right time like two new players for the run in and playoffs. 

If possible, an understatement G-Ram. I could not agree more. The players look worth their transfer fees again. Mystified how this change has been wrought but if it continues then we have a very good chance of the Premiership next year.

Archived