Derby County v Bolton Wanderers

eddie

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A pretty great day. Two comfortable home wins in the space of 4 days. Six points, eight goals scored, +7 goal difference. We've extended our buffer to 7 points, which effectively becomes 8 in the sense that Cardiff would need more points to be above us due to goal difference.

I'm pretty confident that should we beat Charlton, the play-offs would be all but sealed. We'd be in the position with an (effectively) 8 point gap with only 12 points to play for. Weds confidence dented, likewise with Cardiff after conceding a last minute goal to lose.

I'd be happy with any of the sides in the current play-offs, or even Cardiff should they sneak in.

Great result hopefully do charlton and then were as good as in the playoffs 

Craig Bryson has seemed to have just grabbed this side by the balls and brought everyone elses performsnces with his. Everyones played well again, direct and faster 

Five points would guarantee the playoffs, as there is no chance that Cardiff will win all five if their remaining games.

Likewise, probably one more win would enough with our goal difference. I doubt Cardiff will pick up more than ten points from their remaining games now.

Our away form is still an issue. Sort that out and we could head into the playoffs with plenrty of optimism.

Fantastic performance again, 25 shots on goal, a shoot on bloody sight mentality being drilled into em, beats passing it around for 80 minutes and creating 3 or 4 chances tbh. We've got the old Derby back, the mcclaren 13/14 derby and that for me is enough to keep me happy.. 4 goals and sitting pretty well above 7th, awesome feeling. 

37 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Great result hopefully do charlton and then were as good as in the playoffs 

Craig Bryson has seemed to have just grabbed this side by the balls and brought everyone elses performsnces with his. Everyones played well again, direct and faster 

Bryson is a beast, he might be thin and small but boy he's got an engine on him, a reliant robin with a train engine. 

We haven't had someone like this in the team that grabs his team mates and pushes them to the limit, we've looked lifeless in some games this games so its a pleasure to see this now. 

Just on train home after the game.

Nice to see us play with tempo and some style but impossible to gauge the performance as Bolton were so poor.

Bryson outstanding, Thorne effective  (though he got grumpy as we became sloppy in the second half) and Russell showed his attributes. Ince was great one minute, frustrating the next. Martin was tearing his hair out at times.

I still think the back five looks a bit shaky but today at least that didn't matter.

Need similar performance next week.

Feels better doesn't it?

Archived