Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

Keogh makes fewer mistakes than most and this season he has been excellent and consistent. 

He does have a characteristic that occasionally raises its head and that's a particular sort of  hesitation. I have seen it a few times ove the past years but not that often. He gets caught in two minds and ends up having the ball nicked off him. It can be costly but it is merely an occasional flaw, just as his sudden decisions to go cavalier and charge forward is a characteristic  This can be just as useful as the hesitation is dangerous. So are we happy with the package and the man's all round play ?

I am ...... good man Keogh and a good player, one of the best at this level.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd argue Keogh is as important to our style of play as any other player. Every good passing side can play out from the back, and Keogh's as good as anybody at it. 

Players like Pique and Ramos also "have a mistake in them", but the pros certainly outweigh the cons. That same principal applies to Keogh.

Best Derby defence we've had in like ... forever. And we've had it all season long. So I'd be a little less quick to criticise not just RK but any Derby defender. 

You also have to think we are a good promotion bet if we keep defending this well. 

7 hours ago, Ninos said:

Best Derby defence we've had in like ... forever. And we've had it all season long. So I'd be a little less quick to criticise not just RK but any Derby defender. 

You also have to think we are a good promotion bet if we keep defending this well. 

It's a good defence Ninos but 'forever' is a bit strong - Thomas, McFarland, Todd and Nish were a bit useful as a back four

1 hour ago, TommyPowel said:

what a stupif topic

Show me a play who never makes a mistake and i willshow you a player who never gets a game

Takes will  he made a massive mistake that won us the game lol

Yes indeed it is, but you know what they say, stupif is as stupif does

You gonna willshow me a player?  Wow.  Have heard about that but never actually seen it

You're right though, can't trust those play's, gotta watch em all the time and i do

Yeah, i takes will, so what?

3 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

It's a good defence Ninos but 'forever' is a bit strong - Thomas, McFarland, Todd and Nish were a bit useful as a back four

Agreed. That's exactly the forever I had in mind ... although I'm betting this groups purely defensive stats would be hard to beat. 

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Just one. Brainless surge from the middle, got deserved stick from Johnson. They had one of their only changes to create something but failed to do so.

Otherwise flawless.

I loved his run into the box, was glorious. 

I thought some of his passes through midfield into forward positions were excellent.

To make those passes possible shows what goes on in training to open the gaps. 

People need to be patient sometimes when we're trying to engineer this stuff. And then allow Keogh to make mistakes trying to attack the gaps. 

38 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Watched Brighton earlier on Sky and they were saying that Dunk and Duffy were the best defensive partnership in the division.

I disagree and wouldn't swap Keogh and or Pearce for anyone.

They might have the best partnership, but our back 4 diamond is by far the strongest in the league 

Archived