Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course Keogh has got a mistake in him, name me a player who hasn't. In my opinion him and Shackell(My MOM) were superb yesterday, aiong with everybody else. For their goal he was put under pressure by Carson's poor ball to him and was rushed into making the clearance. He wasn't the only one either, Carson's distribution was poor all day. I'm not having a go as his all round performance was great. Handling was good and came and punched a few today. Trying to catch it with their centre backs sniffing would not have been a wise choice.

I still feel that Keogh gets slated for that mistake at Wembley, and now when he does make an error, SOME people have a go. It's like there waiting for him to make it. Did anybody get on his case before that happened?

This is a terrible thread, very negative. He is our Captain and gives his all. I know let's berate someone for being human.Fair play to the supporters who are sticking up for him in this thread, the fans on the terraces know what he contributes to our team, and regularly appreciate him by singing his name.

I'm not sure he was culpable for the Zamora goal in the most recent Wembley play-off final but I still have to watch the match through my fingers, particularly THAT goal, so cannot be sure :D. I recently put a thread in the transfer section about the possible return of Jordan Ibe as a consequence of his lack of performances with the Cherries and how the fans are even booing him now.  He played his best football at Derby without question and our results collapsed after he left before the Forest game...remember?  Our current manager brought him to Derby on loan from Liverpool during his previous tenure and he has been Ibe's chief advocate ever since. That thread was removed immediately because, I presume, it was based upon subjective opinion and didnt include enough facts. THIS thread contains 89 pages. QI. 

2 hours ago, OohMartWright said:

Can we get rid of the "always got a mistake in him" from the thread title now, please? After his recent performances I find it irritating and disrespectful.

I did start a positively titled alternative Keogh thread a few weeks ago after similar comments but I was accused of duplication and people still prefer to post in this one. It's a bit of a Forum ironic icon now, I  think!

1 minute ago, unclej said:

I'm not sure he was culpable for the Zamora goal in the most recent Wembley play-off final but I still have to watch the match through my fingers, particularly THAT goal, so cannot be sure :D. I recently put a thread in the transfer section about the possible return of Jordan Ibe as a consequence of his lack of performances with the Cherries and how the fans are even booing him now.  He played his best football at Derby without question and our results collapsed after he left before the Forest game...remember?  Our current manager brought him to Derby on loan from Liverpool during his previous tenure and he has been Ibe's chief advocate ever since. That thread was removed immediately because, I presume, it was based upon subjective opinion and didnt include enough facts. THIS thread is contains 89 pages. QI. 

This thread is in Rams Talk. You posted yours in Transfer talk and it was purely a wish and not a solid link. Theres a transfer talk thread for suggestions. Otherwise the whole section would be clogged with "We should sign X" threads. 

4 minutes ago, unclej said:

I'm not sure he was culpable for the Zamora goal in the most recent Wembley play-off final but I still have to watch the match through my fingers, particularly THAT goal, so cannot be sure :D. I recently put a thread in the transfer section about the possible return of Jordan Ibe as a consequence of his lack of performances with the Cherries and how the fans are even booing him now.  He played his best football at Derby without question and our results collapsed after he left before the Forest game...remember?  Our current manager brought him to Derby on loan from Liverpool during his previous tenure and he has been Ibe's chief advocate ever since. That thread was removed immediately because, I presume, it was based upon subjective opinion and didnt include enough facts. THIS thread contains 89 pages. QI. 

Just checked as well. The mods moved your post into the suggestion thread, so it's still there. 

2 minutes ago, Tombo said:

This thread is in Rams Talk. You posted yours in Transfer talk and it was purely a wish and not a solid link. Theres a transfer talk thread for suggestions. Otherwise the whole section would be clogged with "We should sign X" threads. 

Thank you. It will be interesting to see how that develops, if at all. 

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, unclej said:

Its been said by myself and others within this thread he wasnt 'solely' culpable for the goal, if you can watch it back just watch bucko and forsthye, they had ample chance to clear it/blast it into the stands but didnt, should never have allowed the cross to come over.

8 hours ago, unclej said:

So !

On 07/01/2017 at 15:45, Andrew James said:

It's a key reason why we won't go up. Said it after the play off final and TalkSPORT said a silly error. 

So, it's been just over 24hrs since you posted this and I think the consensus is it's a load of bolox. Thanks for your contribution.

On 1/7/2017 at 16:15, Briggsy said:

How can people still be complaining about our defence? We've got the second best in the division and have just come off a run of conceding about 3 in 12 or something stupid. Grow up

In fairness the attacks on our defenders have calmed down - the stats don't lie - but few teams could have dealt so well with wba s aerial bombardment satdee. 

Any CB that doesn't have a mistake in him would be at Real Madrid or Barcelona. It's the most out of touch criticism going. I've seen defenders come to PP with other teams and make mistakes but then people on here say we should sign them at later dates.

Archived