Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, unclej said:

The boy wonder was man marking Wood for the first few corners. then left their most lethal aerial threat entirely alone.  I bet he couldn't believe his luck. 

If you look at the highlights he was marking Bartley who until that point in the match had been given free reign of our box by Shackell at every set piece. Not hiding - seeing a problem and trying fix said problem.

So, why did our centrehalf and captain, with express responsibility to mark the aeriel threat of Wood, easily their most dangerous header from corners,  delegate that responsibility to others on the strength of Bartley being previously alone on the far post when ANYONE could have marked Bartley? 

58 minutes ago, unclej said:

So, why did our centrehalf and captain, with express responsibility to mark the aeriel threat of Wood, easily their most dangerous header from corners,  delegate that responsibility to others on the strength of Bartley being previously alone on the far post when ANYONE could have marked Bartley? 

Because at that point it was only a matter of time before Bartley actually finished one of the many many chances Shackell was giving him. Johnson has shown himself to be good in the air in the past, so Keogh obviously believed he could do a job. Unfortunately for Keogh, he couldn't have forseen Johnson running hell for leather towards to near post and completely ingnoring the flight of the ball.

If Bartley had scored, you would be complaining about us not learning our lesson. Keogh is not at fault for the mistkaes of lesser players.

42 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

@unclej trying to pin this one on Keogh is making you look very silly and shows that you are blinded by a silly agenda.

Bradley Johnson 100% at fault, end of.

Why did Keogh opt to leave Wood to Johnson? Good decision or not? I just can't get my head around it all. He was handling Wood quite well up until then. 

5 minutes ago, unclej said:

Why did Keogh opt to leave Wood to Johnson? Good decision or not? I just can't get my head around it all. He was handling Wood quite well up until then. 

Because Bartley was causing all sorts of mayhem from corners, he probably could have scored twice.

Don't remember Wood causing us any trouble from corners before his goal but could be wrong.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Don't remember Wood causing us any trouble from corners before his goal but could be wrong.

That was because Richard was handling him well up until then. I was watching Wood all the time as I rate him very highly. He went to them from The Lions, where he was very good. He's an Senior International you know....:D

Just now, unclej said:

That was because Richard was handling him well up until then. I was watching Wood all the time as I rate him very highly. He went to them from The Lions, where he was very good. He's an Senior International you know....:D

Fair point.

Take back my comment about your agenda being silly, you have explained your reasons for thinking it was Keoghs fault.

Still think you're wrong and I'm sure the players agree amongst themselves who they should mark from corners. I just think it was down to poor marking from Johnson and he got it completely wrong running under the ball for no particular reason. 

Archived