Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I don't see every Ireland game, but I find it strange that Keogh isn't their first name on the team sheet when it comes to centre backs. He's largely played in the bigger games they've had over the past 12-18 months and been instrumental in some of their best performances/results in living memory. He was incredible against Germany, as was Cyrus Christie that night. 

In the Euros, after they got dicked by Belgium 3-0 and Keogh came back into the starting XI against Italy, it was undoubtedly his ball retention and defensive ability that gave them the platform to build on and ultimately win the game and keep a clean sheet. Duffy made a couple more clearances, but Keogh had the best pass accuracy of any player that started the game on the entire pitch. 

He also had a horror show against France. 

Has the ability to be 9/10 and 2/10 in the same 5 minutes. 

Actually infuriating as me and @Mostyn6 were saying at Wolves, he has everything. strength, pace , fearlessness, agility... all vital for a modern defender. I just personally think he isn't very bright. 

Honest opinion, Richard keogh ? has always been a comical defender, each display riddled with mistakes, every post match interview he appears to have put in a shift, sweating n flushed but that's from running around like a headless chicken trying to cover his own mistakes, play off final he goes to play the ball & makes a right hash of it because he can't decide which foot to use, he makes so many bad decisions, can't work out how he gets picked.

Alex Pearce has finally come of age putting in some excellent performance's.?

Not sure about shacks, he appears to have lost something in his game, could well be confidence & the will to live, having had to play alongside keogh for so long ?.

Looking for a Todd/McFarland reincarnation.

1 hour ago, Kevhector said:

Honest opinion, Richard keogh ? has always been a comical defender, each display riddled with mistakes, every post match interview he appears to have put in a shift, sweating n flushed but that's from running around like a headless chicken trying to cover his own mistakes, play off final he goes to play the ball & makes a right hash of it because he can't decide which foot to use, he makes so many bad decisions, can't work out how he gets picked.

Alex Pearce has finally come of age putting in some excellent performance's.?

Not sure about shacks, he appears to have lost something in his game, could well be confidence & the will to live, having had to play alongside keogh for so long ?.

Looking for a Todd/McFarland reincarnation.

"Riddled" with mistakes? Bringing up the play-off final *yawn*. 

1st post and you come straight for Keogh-bashing eh? Name me a championship defender who puts in a flawless performance week in and week out. 

4 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

1st post and you come straight for Keogh-bashing eh? Name me a championship defender who puts in a flawless performance week in and week out. 

Every Rams and ROI manager must be an idiot because they not only pick him but in Derby's case make him captain most of the time.

oh, and all of the clean sheets over the last few years must be even more impressive if the other CB is doing the work of two <_<

Shackell had abuse on here, not long before Pearce cops it...

10 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

Too right, and name me a premier league one that does too.

He is a championship player and a bloody good one at that. And as i always say with the play off argument if everyones hero bucko or forsythe had actually cleared the ball, which was a worse mistake than keoghs, or our midfield/attack had managed to create and score a goal or two which they didnt against 10 men. But everyone blames keogh when others where at least as, if not more culpable.

7 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Too right, and name me a premier league one that does too.

He is a championship player and a bloody good one at that. And as i always say with the play off argument if everyones hero bucko or forsythe had actually cleared the ball, which was a worse mistake than keoghs, or our midfield/attack had managed to create and score a goal or two which they didnt against 10 men. But everyone blames keogh when others where at least as, if not more culpable.

As I've said previously, have you seen some of the changers that Stones has dropped and he cost £50m! But I suppose that's fine because he's young and still learning?!

not every CB can play like Terry.

9 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

As I've said previously, have you seen some of the changers that Stones has dropped and he cost £50m! But I suppose that's fine because he's young and still learning?!

not every CB can play like Terry.

There were times that even Terry couldn't play like Terry.

People talk about the playoff final like Keogh ruined it for everyone, forgetting that for 88 minutes before that and with a man advantage for most of the second half our midfielders and forwards pissed about with the ball in the QPR half and didn't manage to put the ball in the net.

We won as a team to get us there and we lost as a team when we got there. End of.

EDIT: Spelling Mistake

On 4/5/2016 at 22:54, mumblemumble said:

You just can't trust the guy, every game he makes a mistake that could and has cost us games.

Tonight we were 1-0 up, Keogh gets the ball around the 18 yard box and instead of moving it quickly he gets tackled by Diame (I think) who is then through on goal. Luckily Diame was a complete donkey otherwise that would have been 1-1.

How many more mistakes does he have to make until Buxton gets a game? 

On 4/5/2016 at 23:05, cosmic said:

Give it a rest. FFS we just put in the best performance of the season. Why did you feel the need to lay into Keogh now? (Who has actually been consistently one of our better players this season, and is a good shout for POTY). 

Honestly, some people always have to find a negative. Bet you're a right laugh IRL.

show me a defender who never makes a mistake and i will show you a player Derby cant afford We are a championship team with championship players they makwe mistakes even Will get off the guys back dont derserve it remind me how many times has he been voyed player of the year?

7 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

What a pointless topic

Lets kill it until somebody deserves it until our defence are leaking goals

to critise when we have the second best goals against only Brighton in the championship are better

All you are doing is showing up your lack of intelligence.

Fixed that for ya bud.

14 hours ago, mumblemumble said:

Clutching at straws

Bristol City

Young Player of the Year: 2006–07

Carlisle United

Player of the Year: 2009–10

Coventry City

Player of the Year: 2011–12

Players' Player of the Year: 2010–11, 2011–12

Derby County

Player of the Year: 2012–13, 2015–16

Players' Player of the Year: 2012–13, 2015–16

Supporters' Player of the Year: 2012–13

PFA Championship Team of the Year: 2014–15

Since winning young player of the year at Bristol City, he has won awards in all but 3 seasons. Poor players do not achieve that.

22 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Bristol City

Young Player of the Year: 2006–07

Carlisle United

Player of the Year: 2009–10

Coventry City

Player of the Year: 2011–12

Players' Player of the Year: 2010–11, 2011–12

Derby County

Player of the Year: 2012–13, 2015–16

Players' Player of the Year: 2012–13, 2015–16

Supporters' Player of the Year: 2012–13

PFA Championship Team of the Year: 2014–15

Since winning young player of the year at Bristol City, he has won awards in all but 3 seasons. Poor players do not achieve that.

Richard Keogh - always got a player of the year in him.

Archived