Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

So many Keogh haters. still the second best defence in this division. Not too bad really eh?

Every week some numpty pipe up and slagged him off... There are other players who also made mistakes too but no they're just target Keogh as per usual.. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Every week some numpty pipe up and slagged him off... There are other players who also made mistakes too but no they're just target Keogh as per usual.. 

Maybe because this thread is focused on Keogh. I'm sure people would comment if there was a thread moaning about Carson's distribution or Vydra's "poor finishing." 

1 minute ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

He did have a few 'moments' today, but he did the important things very well when it mattered.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Maybe because this thread is focused on Keogh. I'm sure people would comment if there was a thread moaning about Carson's distribution or Vydra's "poor finishing." 

Carson's quick kick out to Ince today which led to the penalty was absolutely brilliant - as was the cocky maestro's fantastic control and mesmerising dribble.

Just now, eddie said:

Carson's quick kick out to Ince today which led to the penalty was absolutely brilliant - as was the cocky maestro's fantastic control and mesmerising dribble.

Yes it was indeed. 2 occasions today where Russell and Ince both controlled it easily when it came out of air. Confidence does you the world of good

6 minutes ago, eddie said:

He did have a few 'moments' today, but he did the important things very well when it mattered.

Agreed mate especially that clearance WOW!!! 

38 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Cry him a river mate

2 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

So many Keogh haters. still the second best defence in this division. Not too bad really eh?

Why 'haters'? I am not sure anyone hates the guy. Plenty of people who are not particularly sold on his ability, but 'haters', that's daft. Personally, he is not my ideal idea of a centre half but he will do for now.

20 minutes ago, bcnram said:

Why 'haters'? I am not sure anyone hates the guy. Plenty of people who are not particularly sold on his ability, but 'haters', that's daft. Personally, he is not my ideal idea of a centre half but he will do for now.

Plus he's not the best choice for captain - Pearce or Shacks for me.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I agree with him not being best choice for captain, I think it effects his game too much. Not sure about Shackell being captain though.

48 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Pearce would be my choice as he captained Reading to promotion a few years ago and is a vocal character on the pitch, although I'm not sure he has been here long enough to be considered captain. He also goes over to the fans after every game and the fans appreciate it. Love his passion and leadership. Another thing is that he always seems to genuinely want to improve on the areas he is weak in which is always a good sign. A number of Reading fans said his distribution is absolutely terrible but he has obviously worked on this in training because it looks fine to me (so far)

29 minutes ago, Alpha said:

You don't need an armband to lead. And having an armband doesn't mean you're a leader. 

You need to understand how the players click as people to pick a captain. 

Its not about leading with Keogh. He should be organising the defence, staying calm and stop trying to do others jobs. Would much prefer Pearce or Shack doing that.

52 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Its not about leading with Keogh. He should be organising the defence, staying calm and stop trying to do others jobs. Would much prefer Pearce or Shack doing that.

I would much prefer Shack to be as far away from the pitch as possible. He was a little too close for comfort sat on the bench today.

I've come to the conclusion that our captain is simply not a footballer.  He cannot read the play, is often out of position and is responsible for giving the ball away on countless occasions.  What he is is a tryer and that is to his credit. He is Derby through & through. 

10 minutes ago, unclej said:

I've come to the conclusion that our captain is simply not a footballer.  He cannot read the play, is often out of position and is responsible for giving the ball away on countless occasions.  What he is is a tryer and that is to his credit. He is Derby through & through. 

Cant read the play? What was he doing on the goal line to make that clearance? Picking his nose??

hes not Derby through and through either, he's a professional footballer who is employed by the club.

On 05/11/2016 at 14:42, G STAR RAM said:

Agreed. 

Thought he was dreadful for the first half.

Why on earth he is out best the corner flag for their second goal I don't know.

But then his goal line clearance is as good as a goal for us.

Real Jekyll and Hyde performance by Keogh and most of his team mates today.

Not sure why he was out there for the 2nd goal, but i would also question where our right back had gone?

Archived