Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

2 minutes ago, unclej said:

Alex Peace saw an injustice in the behaviour shown to him by his captain yesterday. They made up after the goal and he complimented his captain after the game but there is a man who will not take the Keogh bullsh*t lying down.  I like Peace

Why do you support Derby then, we don't get much of that within the fans!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, AfghanRam said:

Yes but if we were in the promised land, what do you think would happen?  Yes 2 goals down and a lose simples.

When he fooks up, his hands are flailing and his facial expressions say it all, not my mistakeogh, honest guv!!!!!!!!!

But we're not in the promised yet. When and if we get there we can worry about it then. In the meantime....

10 hours ago, McLovin said:

Don't think it's a hatred of him Toddy. I think what gets on a lot of people's nerves is not the fact that he makes mistakes, it's that when he does make mistakes he blames it on others and doesn't take responsibility for his own errors, e.g he completely ruined Christie's confidence a few years ago. I think if he took more responsibility for his own errors then the minority that dislike him would stop complaining 

Angry ram hates him

Watch the first 40 seconds of this video which covers the first 7 minutes of the game - 3 errors by Keogh, all of which could have cost us.

1. 15 seconds - Diving in
  2. 32 seconds - Heading straight to their player instead of heading it out
  3. 39 seconds - Failing to mark Hooper at the back post

He's a good player, I just wish he was less error prone.

38 minutes ago, mumblemumble said:

Watch the first 40 seconds of this video which covers the first 7 minutes of the game - 3 errors by Keogh, all of which could have cost us.

Good analysis - the diving in bit gets me - all football coaches who teach kids  - tell them to stand up....not dive in

The header out was a mistake

But fair play on the block!! made up for the error - with a great hand!!

1 hour ago, mumblemumble said:

you're missing:

1. 18 seconds - Pearce falls over - mistake?

2. 22 seconds - Ince covers post instead of picking up their #36, allowing a shot on goal- mistake?

3. 34 seconds - Pearce leaves their striker for a free header - mistake?

4. 36 seconds - Carson palms it straight to their attacker - mistake?

5. 38 seconds - Christie lets their #9 go while appealing for offside, forcing Keogh to block - mistake?

You could analyse any match and see all the mistakes most of our players are going to make. I wish we'd (the Royal we) stop jumping on Keogh's back every match. If he made no mistakes he'd be at one of the world's top clubs. He's a good Championship defender, we should be glad of him.  

The 2 best players so far this season by a country mile are Pearce and Keogh, all players make some mistakes, but our back 4 this season have been very consistent, and that is mainly thanks to our 2 centre backs, for me at the moment this is the best pairing in the championship, and since Keogh has joined us he has been our most consistent player , in the past 4 seasons, winning supporters player of the year twice, so get of his back, he is the one player I would deffo not want to leave the club.

44 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

The 2 best players so far this season by a country mile are Pearce and Keogh, all players make some mistakes, but our back 4 this season have been very consistent, and that is mainly thanks to our 2 centre backs, for me at the moment this is the best pairing in the championship, and since Keogh has joined us he has been our most consistent player , in the past 4 seasons, winning supporters player of the year twice, so get of his back, he is the one player I would deffo not want to leave the club.

The Keogh haters don't look at things like POTY, they would say there must be a lot of idiots at the games.

I seen John Stones make a few mistakes this season and he cost £50m!

5 hours ago, mumblemumble said:

Show me a player who doesn't make potentially game changing mistakes...he won't be playing in the championship that's for sure.

5 hours ago, mrdave85 said:

you're missing:

1. 18 seconds - Pearce falls over - mistake?

2. 22 seconds - Ince covers post instead of picking up their #36, allowing a shot on goal- mistake?

3. 34 seconds - Pearce leaves their striker for a free header - mistake?

4. 36 seconds - Carson palms it straight to their attacker - mistake?

5. 38 seconds - Christie lets their #9 go while appealing for offside, forcing Keogh to block - mistake?

You could analyse any match and see all the mistakes most of our players are going to make. I wish we'd (the Royal we) stop jumping on Keogh's back every match. If he made no mistakes he'd be at one of the world's top clubs. He's a good Championship defender, we should be glad of him.  

6 hours ago, mumblemumble said:

'41 goal saving block on the line

3 minutes ago, mumblemumble said:

Typical Keogh performance, good in spells, erratic in others. Thankfully we held on today. 

Agreed. 

Thought he was dreadful for the first half.

Why on earth he is out best the corner flag for their second goal I don't know.

But then his goal line clearance is as good as a goal for us.

Real Jekyll and Hyde performance by Keogh and most of his team mates today.

18 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

So many Keogh haters. still the second best defence in this division. Not too bad really eh?

2nd best defence.

Not the 2nd best defender.

That stat isn't going to last long anyway, not with McClaren in charge.

Archived