Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

Haven't conceded a goal at home in 5 games now, taking us to 467 minutes without conceding at the iPride Park. And that's part of a greater record of 19 clean sheets in our last 30 games at home.

We've only conceded 13 goals all season, which is only bettered by 2nd in the league Brighton who've conceded 11.

And Keogh didn't put a foot wrong yesterday, limited Norwich (one of the best attacks in the league) to 8 shots, with 3 of them being blocked.

These straws Keogh fans are clutching at seem to have a lot of statistical evidence oozing out of them?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11 November 2016 at 12:47, Seth's left foot said:

Maybe Keogh should move to Spain, Puyol and Ramos have had their share of mistakes yet their careers have been rather successful.

That'll be the next thing at Pride Park- waving white handkerchiefs every time he makes a mistake.

The Derby crowd don't carry hankerchiefs

If I was a forum mod I'd delete this thread title or at least the always got a mistake in him bit of it. It's getting annoying looking at it and it's verging on the intensely stupid now and derogatory bordering on outright lie. One of the best defences in the entire football league and he's certainly a major reason and we have to look at this stupid heading. God forbid RK actually looks at it because it's so untrue.

:angry: 

2 hours ago, ossieram said:

So we should have a similar thread for every player.

Vydra got a good bashing for his miss at Wolves and Ince has had his for a while too. Don't worry, they'll all get their threads. Some even had threads before they'd played (don't need names do we?)

11 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Haven't conceded a goal at home in 5 games now, taking us to 467 minutes without conceding at the iPride Park. And that's part of a greater record of 19 clean sheets in our last 30 games at home.

We've only conceded 13 goals all season, which is only bettered by 2nd in the league Brighton who've conceded 11.

And Keogh didn't put a foot wrong yesterday, limited Norwich (one of the best attacks in the league) to 8 shots, with 3 of them being blocked.

These straws Keogh fans are clutching at seem to have a lot of statistical evidence oozing out of them?

The thread was buried until you brought it up again...

Keogh has been flawless recently, proper upped his game since Stevie has been back - as have most players. 

2 minutes ago, mumblemumble said:

The thread was buried until you brought it up again...

Keogh has been flawless recently, proper upped his game since Stevie has been back - as have most players. 

He has indeed, like you say most players have upped their game, really cant imagine what on earth pearson was doing but he must feel somewhat ashamed to see us doing so well so quickly after he left.

I thought he was one of the few decent players under Pearson.

He was at fault vs. Huddersfield, but there's no shame in that, all players make mistakes. Since then he's been a formidable rock, who blocks more shots than any player I've seen in a Derby shirt.

Someone should start a new thread along the lines of "Richard Keogh- 2 time Derby County Player of the Season". You know, something factual, which actually reflects his importance to the team.

36 minutes ago, Clarity said:

I thought he was one of the few decent players under Pearson.

He was at fault vs. Huddersfield, but there's no shame in that, all players make mistakes. Since then he's been a formidable rock, who blocks more shots than any player I've seen in a Derby shirt.

Someone should start a new thread along the lines of "Richard Keogh- 2 time Derby County Player of the Season". You know, something factual, which actually reflects his importance to the team.

He wasn't at fault against Huddersfield. 

45 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

He wasn't at fault against Huddersfield. 

Debatable. He could have cut out the danger at source, by stopping the cross.

Just to clarify, I'm a big fan of Keogh. He seldom makes mistakes, as I eluded to, but this, in my opinion, was one of them.

Want me to list all the players that just this Saturday had a mistake in them? there was johnsons bad pass at the beginning which gave them a free attack then there was bairds ridiculous attempt to get a deflection where he just kicked it out and over their goal line prompting Powell to ask him to explain then there was Butterfields ? pass to their forward from which Carson had to make his tipped save. Even Hughes before the Johnson strike ... shall I go on ? Every player has a mistake in them.  But credit to Keogh - he's an aerial monster and the dude ain't afraid to run with the ball. Next to Will Hughes Keoghs marauding runs are one of the great entertaining features of a Derby match! My only complaint on Keogh is that he could score more on our set pieces that's it. (Oh and learn to use his left foot more ;))

Archived