Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

I would say the majority of players at championship level 'have a mistake in them', but players further up the pitch get away with it because its not in front of goal and doesnt usually lead to a goal from the opposition

although i did have a quick thought of how shackell and pearce might work together

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Jon_Grooves said:

I would say the majority of players at championship level 'have a mistake in them', but players further up the pitch get away with it because its not in front of goal and doesnt usually lead to a goal from the opposition

although i did have a quick thought of how shackell and pearce might work together

Nowhere near as well as Keogh and Pearce or Shackell

Yes all players can make mistakes, seen Rio , Adams and all top centre backs make mistakes, they are humans after all, but on the whole at this level Mr Keogh is as good as it gets, we paid 1.3 million for him, and he has been one of our best signings for years, and for me this year he has been our most consistent player with Pearce.

5 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

Any CB that doesn't have a mistake in him would be at Real Madrid or Barcelona. It's the most out of touch criticism going. I've seen defenders come to PP with other teams and make mistakes but then people on here say we should sign them at later dates.

I think the one who makes least mistakes plays for PSG at the moment.

mumblemumble

I started this thread and think the uproar from Saturday was undeserved.

Keogh has been faultless since the Mac came back.

Saturday was the result of trying to play it from the back against a high pressure team, McClarens fault if anyone.

I agree that we were playing ourselves into trouble on saturday. 

But you can't blame Shackell or Keogh or even Carson for the goal. There was a good 20/30 seconds before the ball ended up in the net. The midfield were very slow to react to Phillips picking up the ball and no one closed him down. 

In the 2nd half nothing changed, we were still playing it out from the back but we weren't making silly decisions and went long when we had to.

Other than the goal it was a very solid defensive display.

1 hour ago, RamsPolls said:

But you can't blame Shackell or Keogh or even Carson for the goal. There was a good 20/30 seconds before the ball ended up in the net. The midfield were very slow to react to Phillips picking up the ball and no one closed him down. 

In the 2nd half nothing changed, we were still playing it out from the back but we weren't making silly decisions and went long when we had to.

20-30 is a bit of an exaggeration to say the least. Carson can see down the pitch, it's his responsibility to play the right ball.

mumblemumble
2 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

Were you pissed? It was only 5 seconds...

mumblemumble
2 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

okay.... So I got the timescale wrong...

But the fact that the midfield didn't close down or the defence stood still.

De Sart can be seen running back attempting to block, Shackell steps towards him... Don't know where you're going with this? 

1 minute ago, mumblemumble said:

De Sart can be seen running back attempting to block, Shackell steps towards him... Don't know where you're going with this? 

I'm going no where.

Not meaning to moan, just thought he could have been closed down quicker thats all. 

Reading back I can see this is a very moany post lol.

Didn't mean for it to sound that way.

It seems a bit churlish to complain, as all 3 players saved us at other times during the game. But first Carson put Keogh under pressure, who then didn't get rid of quickly enough followed by Shackel standing off Phillips to long and allowing him to get the shot in. A contribution of 3 defensive errors contributing to their goal. But, like I say, they all contributed to a fine victory. 

17 hours ago, Jon_Grooves said:

I'd imagine we'd either get done for time wasting even though the ball is in play or the ball would spend a great deal of time in the air courtesy of Scott Carson.

The only thing slower than a Jason Shackell pass is George Thorne's running speed after his operation. And Pearce is only slightly better. 

I think they'd do some better defending but they'd have to do a lot more of it

1 minute ago, unclej said:

The boy wonder was man marking Wood for the first few corners. then left their most lethal aerial threat entirely alone.  I bet he couldn't believe his luck. 

Zzzzz <_<

oh no we lost, let's get the pitchforks out. 

Boring now.

Archived