Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, unclej said:

Cancelled out in advance! What was wrong with our playing out from the back today? 

Because a very well drilled, organised, physical, hard working, pressing, pacey, disciplined side, from the premiership, in good form, with not many changes, were our opposition today?

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

Nice one mate,I can feel the passion in it.

Our current defence is probably the best we've had in recent memory and people still find a reason to moan, it's unbelievable really. Some people need to check the definition of 'supporter'.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Our current defence is probably the best we've had in recent memory and people still find a reason to moan, it's unbelievable really. Some people need to check the definition of 'supporter'.

You need to be careful of putting sensible and well reasoned posts. You will confuse some people on here. :thumbsup:

20 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I completely agree,pick 2 out of Keogh,Shackell and Pearce,not bad eh?

2 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I completely agree,pick 2 out of Keogh,Shackell and Pearce,not bad eh?

Absolutely, completely agree with this. I think most teams in the championship would envy the three centre half options that Derby have. 

39 minutes ago, cannable said:

Wouldn't have even said that the their goal was even Keogh's fault. Was forced to try and clear it on the turn with his weak foot whilst under pressure by Carson. 

Put under pressure by Carson*

Been a good day so forgive any grammatical errors hahahahhahahah 

37 minutes ago, cannable said:

Wouldn't have even said that the their goal was even Keogh's fault. Was forced to try and clear it on the turn with his weak foot whilst under pressure by Carson. 

Spot on, I thought from the radio commentary he'd dropped a massive *******, turns out he was played into trouble, couldn't go back or square as West Brom had both options covered, he gets closed down quickly and his attempted clearance rebounds fortunately to Phillips.

I'd had him down as making a mistake that leads directly to a goal roughly every 66 games, but watching that it's more like 1 in a hundred!

I really don't know what match the RD commentary team were watching when describing their goal.

The way they told it Keogh made an unforced error under no pressure, trying to force a pass and  leaving Matty Phillips one on one with Shackell who backed off the advancing Phillips and allowed him to strike.

In reality it was a charged down clearance falling to Phillips with Shackell positioning himself for a block while the midfield attempted to close down Phillips who moved no more than 6 yards before striking it well, with a quick change of body position (left foot to right foot) making all the difference because we'd prepared ourselves for a left footed shot.

6 hours ago, Andrew James said:

It's a key reason why we won't go up. Said it after the play off final and TalkSPORT said a silly error. 

He was absolutely blooming outstanding today - again, as were the whole defence. The only silly error was your utterly cretinous post.

Keogh was superb today. Him and Shackell dealt with Rondon (who is an absolute beast of a man) really well.
The block he made after Carson gave it away might just be the best I've ever seen, he was nowhere near the goal when the ball left the strikers boot!

As for their goal, Carson put him in it (it wasn't the only time he did that to a defender today either). They pressed high and were lucky that the ball went straight to Phillips. Still, you couldn't say we hadn't been warned given they had pressed us high from kick-off.

Richard Keogh is a brilliant defender.

Blaming him when the ball gets past him and ends up in the net is like saying that every time a goalie fails to prevent a goal is because he is mistake prone.

Keogh is so good at being in the right place to deal with an attack that the team depend on his mantle of infallibility.

We beat WBA today!?

Archived