Get this idiot out now

Palimpsest

I have been asking for an experienced head coach as far back as January before PC was sacked.

But at this moment I would rather seeing DW staying. Why? The entertainment value DW has been giving me is even greater than that from watching McClaren's free-flowing football.

And yes, that's the dictionary definition of comedy gold.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ramsbottom said:

20% players 80% Waffall then.  I've played in games where my team were looking good and then the manager has made a ludicrous tactical change that gets all the players wondering what he's playing at, and your concentration goes.  I know exactly how Shackell feels...

Shackel is just being mardy because his former team mates will be playing in the prem again next season.

If the manager makes two changes in a game and we win then he's applauded for the tactical decision (like against Brentford) but make two poor substitutions and it's the players fault. So the line is clear, underperform or throw away a lead and it's the players. Play well and rescue a result and it's the manager?

ive felt that Wassall has had a tough time since being manager. If someone of a different name (like Pearson who so many people seem to love) had come in and got similar results then they would not be on his back, he'd be given time etc. Because he's the U21 bloke then he doesn't get that luxury. That said I cannot fathom the logic of the subs. You have a comfortable away lead surely the clear option is to protect it. Why two strikers? You have other options. 

If Wassal isn't to blame for today and it's the players then why was Clement to blame for the poor run? Or did we want Clement out when we were top of the league, 2nd highest scorers and one of the best defences? 

When is it the players and when is it the manager? Today, for me, it comes down to Wassal and his tactical changes. 

Players are there to take the money and get paid for what they do. A manger had to install belief, confidence and an idea of what they are doing. A manger needs to pick his best and Fittest players. Also play the right formation and have the right balance. Bent up front on his own hasn't got a prayer. Can't hold the ball up so the responsibility is with midfield. Without a genuinely defensive midfielder on after 80 odd minutes we were asking for trouble 

love this song !

take a break from reading the forum, have a listen !!

wonder if David Byrne was a Ram !!

could be that new chant we have been looking for for 20 years !!

Well we know where we're goin'
But we don't know where we've been
And we know what we're knowin'
But we can't say what we've seen
And we're not little children
And we know what we want
And the future is certain
Give us time to work it out

We're on a road to nowhere
Come on inside
Takin' that ride to nowhere
We'll take that ride

I'm feelin' okay this mornin'
And you know,
We're on the road to paradise
Here we go, here we go

Maybe you wonder where you are
I don't care
Here is where time is on our side
Take you there...take you there

There's a city in my mind
Come along and take that ride
And it's all right, baby, it's all right

And it's very far away
But it's growing day by day

They can tell you what to do
But they'll make a fool of you

Songwriters: BYRNE, DAVID

Road To Nowhere lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.

Just now, gazram80 said:

Shackel is just being mardy because his former team mates will be playing in the prem again next season.

Didn't have to be that way though...  Mr Morris has killed this season with giving the job to his ol' mucker Darren just because his Mrs makes the best Lemon Drizzle Cake he's ever tasted.  Only explanation I can think of as to why he was given it...

He'll realise his f00k up when season ticket sales are down 5000, those plastic fans will only take so much...

1 minute ago, Orphanram said:

Really impressed with Owen Bradley, didn't shirk asking the tough questions.

I didn't think Wasall's attitude was great, reminded me of the Clough and Garner school of how to manage a post match interview.

every interview wassall does is the same

Personally, I think there needs to be a clear-out of some of our longer serving players as this is the third year in a row they have completely bottled achieving anything; we've failed three times - in increasingly frustrating circumstances - and the common thread through all of the failures have been Keogh, Thorne, Russell etc. Regardless of the fact they are good players, they don't have the character to get us over the finishing line.

Ultimately though, people may want to blame Clement or Morris or Wassall or the players, but it's not one factor it's ALL of them. Clement shouldn't have been a careerist who ignored his remit. Morris shouldn't have funded some of Clement's stupider signings (£3.5m for Blackman when he was out of contract at the end of the season?!?) and shouldn't have given the job to Wassall. Wassall shouldn't be in charge and someone who has been involved in football as long as he has shouldn't be "delighted" with a 1-0 home defeat to MK Dons or make the clueless substitutions he did today. The players shouldn't be so weak willed, pathetic and scared of success as they seem to be.

It takes more than one layer to make a **** sandwich as deep as Derby County's 2015/16 promotion capitulation.

been out all day so only managed to periodically check the score. HT 0-0 but stats appeared to show that we had been the better team. 70 mins 3-0 up happy days. 87 mins 3-2 oo err it will be fine though. FT 3-3 F**K. 

I'm usually hesitant to bash on here but looking at the substitutions made (Bent and Blackman on at 3-0) left my mind well and truly boggled and seemingly was the cause of us crumbling. Why not, at 3-2 or even 3-1 when they had the tiniest glimmer of hope not chuck on Hanson or Buxton and just shut up shop? The only thing I would say that regardless of substitutions we should not be folding like that. Ok yeah maybe they got a consolation goal but even then you've got to expect some of the best and most experienced players in the league to be able to see it out, irrespective of what Wassall has said. I agree the lions share of blame lies at his feet but the players will have to be taking a long, hard look at themselves after that - totally farcical 

Just now, Chris Mills said:

It's unfortunate that I think we will have lost him from the youth set-up too. It must strain the relationship between him and Mel and it's hard to see how he could step back into a lower role after this.

You've got to think the level of respect he has from staff and players will be dropping. How can a bunch of academy lads take him seriously when the pros they aspire to think very little of him.

Just now, wixman1884 said:

It's funny. I don't think our net loss today is too bad - I mean, martin and ince on the scoresheet are huge plusses. 

It's liken it to, going to vegas, having a great time, winning $1000000, then leaving it on the bus. 

Actually, replace leaving it on the bus with "Mugged by Neil Warnock"

Archived