Get this idiot out now

Palimpsest

15 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

100% disagree.  They were more than likely shell-shocked that their 'manager' decided to leave the back four completely exposed.  Rotherham had nothing going forward while Thorne & Martin were still on the pitch because they couldn't get hold of the ball.  5 minutes before their 1st goal we had 69% possession and were cruising.  Did the players decide to change the shape and take two of the best three players on the pitch off???  

Shell shocked lol, professionals ffs.

I said the formation and subs contributed, but my 'manager' often makes decisions I disagree with, but I still try my hardest regardless of his decision.

I didn't see that through that bombardment of long balls in last ten mins, 100% disagree.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

100% disagree.  They were more than likely shell-shocked that their 'manager' decided to leave the back four completely exposed.  Rotherham had nothing going forward while Thorne & Martin were still on the pitch because they couldn't get hold of the ball.  5 minutes before their 1st goal we had 69% possession and were cruising.  Did the players decide to change the shape and take two of the best three players on the pitch off???  

Of course, everyone agrees (bar Wassall i think) that the substitutions were foolish. But you'd hope that our players would be professional enough and mentally strong enough to avoid suffering 'shell-shock' at a couple of dodgy substitutions from a rookie manager.  They should have been able to hold out for a win even if Wassall had brought on Rammie and the Tea Lady for the last 10. 

30 minutes ago, deano180 said:

Yes the formation and subs were a contributing factor, but the players for me take the most responsibility in today's shambles.

Our soft underbelly still exists from the Mac days, Clement did a good job on limiting them, but that wasn't the Derby way, drawing 3 - 3 at Rotherham two seasons back to back is.

80% the players fault in my eyes.

Ok.

Say in a game of football 5 substitutions could be made. Being someone who has The Derby Way dear to his heart and someone who knows the potential of our academy products, our head coach decided to bring in five U21 forwards when we are leading 3-0. As it turns out, the opposition leveled the score and we dropped two points.

In this scenario, would you blame the six first team players left on the pitch? Mind you those six are also forwards so it means we were playing a 1-0-10 formation in the last ten minutes.

Just want to understand your logic, that's all.

3 minutes ago, deano180 said:

Shell shocked lol, professionals ffs.

I said the formation and subs contributed, but my 'manager' often makes decisions I disagree with, but I still try my hardest regardless of his decision.

I didn't see that through that bombardment of long balls in last ten mins, 100% disagree.

Maybe shell-shocked was a poor choice of words but Waffall completely screwed up and must take the majority of the blame.  Like you I've played the game, at a decent standard, and have lost games because my manager decided to mess around when things were going perfectly well.  

Wassell has to go and go quickly 

i have not felt as embrassed as I did today coming out of a ground since forest 5-2

finding his interview with radio Derby quite disturbing came across as clueless and not to take any of the blame is ridiculous 

1 minute ago, HKRam said:

Ok.

Say in a game of football 5 substitutions could be made. Being someone who has The Derby Way dear to his heart and someone who knows the potential of our academy products, our head coach decided to bring in five U21 forwards when we are leading 3-0. As it turns out, the opposition leveled the score and we dropped two points.

In this scenario, would you blame the six first team players left on the pitch? Mind you those six are also forwards so it means we were playing a 1-0-10 formation in the last ten minutes.

Just want to understand your logic, that's all.

My logic of the Derby way as it stands is attacking, fluent, football diced with a gutless mentality of endless mistakes and lack of heart and passion when it counts.

That's what I saw today, that's what I saw against Brum last season, Hudds and Roth away.

Clement solved some of these problems for the price of others, Mel will regret this stupid saying in the future.

9 minutes ago, deano180 said:

That's what I saw today, that's what I saw against Brum last season, Hudds and Roth away.

I know what you are saying and please excuse the pedantry but do you mean the 2-2 at home to brum last season or the 3-3 away. Which was actually the season before. 

It doesn't invalidate your point as both were capitulations. Is it worse giving up a winning position at home or away?

3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Blackman for Thorne at 75 shows you how lacking in basic intelligence this man is. He has to go before Forest. Time for real protest.

can I ask why you cannot voice your discontent without resorting to being so disrespectful?

It's not difficult to say that Wassall is not very good at his job without calling him an idiot. Gives an impression that you really lack intelligence, and then ultimately that your opinion isn't very important.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

can I ask why you cannot voice your discontent without resorting to being so disrespectful?

It's not difficult to say that Wassall is not very good at his job without calling him an idiot. Gives an impression that you really lack intelligence, and then ultimately that your opinion isn't very important.

Agreed. 

I'd like a proper manager in, I couldn't believe we went down this path on the day it was announced. And I've seen nothing (I've been to every match) to change that opinion. But I'm not going to get personal. I think Wassall is out of his depth. I don't think the players as a whole are that bothered because they know he's not here long term.

5 minutes ago, 24/7ram said:

i have not felt as embrassed as I did today coming out of a ground since forest 5-2

I felt pretty embarrassed in the ground by many of our fans, especially at 3-0 up .. 'we're on the pitch if Benty scores' and 'you're f*****g ****' aimed at Rotherham on continual repeat - is that the best we can manage? Low grade p**s taking instead of supporting your team...we lack as much nous as the players did defensively in the last 8 minutes

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

I know what you are saying and please excuse the pedantry but do you mean the 2-2 at home to brum last season or the 3-3 away. Which was actually the season before. 

It doesn't invalidate your point as both were capitulations. Is it worse giving up a winning position at home or away?

The home fixture last yr, although the previous season away wasn't much better lol.

I'm all for a new manager right now, don't think Wassell is up to it, but I can't excuse the players in that final 10 today.

Makes it worse knowing we have the red dogs next week.

I'm trying to find a reason to keep him until the end of the season.... but....noting 

that was gutting and laughable at the same time, we've been doing it for 2 seasons now though so its no shock is it, we haven't earned the "their derby they'll find a way to **** it up again" for nothing, can't just blame it all on Wassall as we did this last season under mcclaren, and we bottled the playoff final. 

We need a strong arm ffs, for the love of god mel go and get Nigel Pearson before Boro nip in and steal him. 

Archived