Get this idiot out now

Palimpsest

This just makes the sacking of Clement even stranger patently promoting a person to a position well beyond their capabilites as a replacement Chris Ramsey John Carver you'd had thought there were enough example about to warn Mel who knows best

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just seen the goals on the sky sports app. Rotherhams first was a poor pass by Keogh, but at 3-1 we should still have seen the game out. 2nd goal Blackman let his man go on the corner. He's not a defender and someone like Hanson may have done better than him in that position. 3rd goal. I can't see how it's Keogh's fault like I've read from some reports. He chases the man but the cross comes in and Olsson is out jumped by Best.

my gut feeling is although the players out there didn't do enough to get the result, the players that came on we're the wrong ones and that is totally Wassal's fault. I can't believe he wont accept any blame for this! He's an absolute joke and he hasn't improved or steadied us since Clement left. If anything we're worse now than we were at the beginning of January.

It'd be best if he leaves now so he can return to the academy without burning any more bridges with the players and fans.

3 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Mr Morris has killed this season with giving the job to his ol' mucker Darren just because his Mrs makes the best Lemon Drizzle Cake he's ever tasted.

From listening to Wassall's post-match interview, I'd say that lemon cake is on the bitter side...

Just now, CumbrianRam said:

Happy for him in a way, karma for some fans.,

Same here. He was crap for us but partly because he's not very good and partly because he got 2 mins here and 5 mins there.  Plus he didn't pick himself. All he ever did wrong was not be good enough to budge Martin and let his head drop. 

I'd buy him a beer tonight!! Played fella!

5 minutes ago, cosmic said:

You've got to think the level of respect he has from staff and players will be dropping. How can a bunch of academy lads take him seriously when the pros they aspire to think very little of him.

Agreed. And how can he be expected to bring players through the tough system good enough for the first team when he can't even coach players that are already there. 

Perhaps explains why Clement never introduced U21 players. 

5m on Blackman, and he can't even hold on to the ball!

I felt sorry for Wassall at the end, it's not his fault he's been catapulted into a position beyond his ability level, took a fearful amount of abuse when he came to applaud the fans at the end, pretty disgusting way to treat a decent club servant really.

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I bet Leon Best is having a right laugh tonight at all those that openly gave him abuse when he was here. :lol: :lol:

I bet he is, did you rate him ?

i personally thought he was a disgrace of a footballer and summed up a lot of what is wrong with modern day football, I saw a documentary that he figured in, showing the house in Cheshire he lives in with his cars and his horses etc, he is a multi millionaire and has the footballing skill of a dead mouse, but that about sums up our defence if a player like that can score two goals past them.

9 minutes ago, cosmic said:

You've got to think the level of respect he has from staff and players will be dropping. How can a bunch of academy lads take him seriously when the pros they aspire to think very little of him.

Thats a good point. It shows hows how cruel football can be.

It also shows how we are not thinking through our strategies.

2 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

I bet he is, did you rate him ?

i personally thought he was a disgrace of a footballer and summed up a lot of what is wrong with modern day football, I saw a documentary that he figured in, showing the house in Cheshire he lives in with his cars and his horses etc, he is a multi millionaire and has the footballing skill of a dead mouse, but that about sums up our defence if a player like that can score two goals past them.

Didn't think he was any good. But he doesn't pick himself. He didn't show a lack of effort. Just a lack of ability and then confidence. He didn't deserve the jeers and abuse. 

If I had his money I think I'd spend it on similar things tbh

2 minutes ago, Highgate said:

I should have listened to the interview...but i was just too disgusted when the final whistle blew. If Wassall is really absolving himself from all blame, as people are saying..then that really is alarming. 

It wasn't a terrible interview. He was shell shocked and half speechless.

1 minute ago, Whitley ram said:

we can be angry all we like about Best. Let's not deflect from the real issue - Wassall is out of his depth. That was embarrassing today and he deserves all the stick he gets.

Think he deserves some of it. The criticism aimed at his management of the first team.

Perhaps not as far as some are taking it. He's done some good bits for DCFC.

After what was surely one of the worst tactical decisions ever made by a football manager at this level, that has to be one of the worst post-match interviews ever given as well. The man is almost like a parody of a bad football manager.

Archived