Get this idiot out now

Palimpsest

11 minutes ago, Whitley ram said:

we can be angry all we like about Best. Let's not deflect from the real issue - Wassall is out of his depth. That was embarrassing today and he deserves all the stick he gets.

Good observation.

I have observed the same thing. Every time DCFC does something embarrassing (aka comedy gold), fanboys deflect the issue, digress, include two pages' worth of senseless gibes -- in the hope that "wrist slashers", "half fans", and "newbies" get distracted and move on to something else.

Classic.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

When was the last time a fooball club sacked their interim manager and replaced them with another interim manager in the same season?

When was the last time an interim manager was given half a bloody season!

I hope Mel is reading this and gives  DW his Thanks to stepping up when asked but pass him back to doing the great work he has been doing at the academy and get Pearson or someone with a bit of experience in to A) give us even a remote chance of finishing in the playoffs and B) give the new manager a chance at seeing the players first hand before the new season kicks off. 

27 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

5m on Blackman, and he can't even hold on to the ball!

I felt sorry for Wassall at the end, it's not his fault he's been catapulted into a position beyond his ability level, took a fearful amount of abuse when he came to applaud the fans at the end, pretty disgusting way to treat a decent club servant really.

I'm sorry but by f00king up so spectacularly he deserves all the abuse he gets, specially if he's not excepting his lions share of the blame.  Tf he's got any sense he'll fall on his sword and admit to his blossom buddy Mel that he's not up to the job!!!  

I'm still in a state of shock at how he's managed to throw the game away.  Take your 4-4-2 and f00k off!!!

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Apparently Shackell told Wassall to **** off when sent to clap the fans

Yep certainly had an exchange few lads sat round me noticed it and had a laugh. Rotherham lads I was with haven't stopped ribbing me yet. Thought we were the most clinical team out and blew them away. Then we imploded.

Just sat trying to comprehend it all and my cousin just said to me, ok Thorne was knackered, why didn't you bring another defender on and go 5 at the back? Myself I'd have gone for Hanson. Thought we had it spot on until athe Keogh error. But what followed we just lacked believe any shape, they could smell the chaos and our brittle nature.

Have to say gutted and don't know what Wassall said, so reserve judgement but his subs were so tactically naive regardless of having 11 players on the pitch being asked to do a basic job, they still need direction and it didn't show in the last 10 minutes or so.

My only serious concern with bringing in a permanent replacement now is thinking back to something Paul Jewell said when reflecting on his dismal time here. He said he wished he'd waited until the start of the new season to take over, but was persuaded otherwise and by the time the new season did come around the rot had already set.

For me we need to draw a line under this campaign. New season, new manager, new ideas. Anyone who came in now runs the risk of managing a volitile and edgy end to a season where his worth will be judged by everyone from staff to fans within that short timeframe. As a potential suitor you'd be mad not to wait. 

I wasn't there, but for me it all comes down to their second goal.

We talk about seeing games out. Part of that involves defending corners, and when subs go on everyone still knows their jobs. We had no-one on the far post for the corner and warnock cynically has two blokes knock shackell to the ground, leaving us very exposed .

Clever dirty bstrd Warnock trick that exploited our weekness.

We were mugged alright.

2 minutes ago, cosmic said:

My only serious concern with bringing in a permanent replacement now is thinking back to something Paul Jewell said when reflecting on his dismal time here. He said he wished he'd waited until the start of the new season to take over, but was persuaded otherwise and by the time the new season did come around the rot had already set.

For me we need to draw a line under this campaign. New season, new manager, new ideas. Anyone who came in now runs the risk of managing a volitile and edgy end to a season where his worth will be judged by everyone from staff to fans within that short timeframe. As a potential suitor you'd be mad not to wait. 

He joined us in November though :lol:

Experience , experience , experience,,,, please don't anybody come on again and tell me experience equals nothing or garuntees nothing , today I have mixed feelings for wassel ,, ,I feel sorry for him in some ways, why? He showed with his subs and his lack of acknowledging their effect that being the head coach/ manager at Derby is way way way beyond his knowledge and ability at this time, we had played well we're 3/0 up , the fans chanted his name ,, so he went for a high scoring drubbing but in doing so he took off our holding midfielder and our out ball player , totally changed the shape ,, now you might get away with that with a team riding high on confidence and results but he knows they are fragile , a simple Thorne off Hansen on was the play all day long , total inexperience ,,, really angry with him why? If he has anything about him as a manager he comes out at the end and holds his hands up admitting the subs were a mistake Bourne of inexperience and it's a mistake that has taught him a hard lesson and will stand him in good stead going forward as a manager ,,, I could respect that and perhaps the player could to and also they may want to protect him as he is protecting him ,,, yes those players should have held a 3/0 lead enough to get the three points but you can bet when  the first went in they and they came under the cosh they were pissed off with the tactical ineptitude and wondering wtf a group of player competing at the top for the last few years and strengthen to the tune of 25 mill keep getting hamstrung with managers who are totally and utterly rookies?

if Mel really does want the best for Derby he will get a proper manager the player can trust and respect to lead them , anything else is just him playing real life football manager 

1 minute ago, TroyDyer said:

Has anyone got a link to the Keogh shocker? 

The guy is **** but have been saying that since day one. 

3-1 should still be a good enough lead to hold onto though. 

Next season I'd like to see Albentosa come back then play Albentosa and Shackell. Having two proper centre backs in Morgan and Huth hasn't done Leicester any harm 

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Next season I'd like to see Albentosa come back then play Albentosa and Shackell. Having two proper centre backs in Morgan and Huth hasn't done Leicester any harm 

We will never get promoted with Keogh in the defence. This is the 3rd season on the trot that we have been saying that. He is a bottler. Always has been, always will be. 

Giving him the captaincy back was DW first clueless decision. Rapidly followed by countless others. 

12 minutes ago, cosmic said:

He said he wished he'd waited until the start of the new season to take over, but was persuaded otherwise and by the time the new season did come around the rot had already set.

9 minutes ago, Yani P said:

He joined us in November though :lol:

Err, yeah I think I mentioned that... <_< That was the point of my post.

Just now, TroyDyer said:

We will never get promoted with Keogh in the defence. This is the 3rd season on the trot that we have been saying that. He is a bottler. Always has been, always will be. 

Giving him the captaincy back was DW first clueless decision. Rapidly followed by countless others. 

Keogh isn't a bottler he just is incapable of concentrating for 90 minutes in a football match without making an enormous gaffe

Archived