Get this idiot out now

Palimpsest

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, deano180 said:

The home fixture last yr, although the previous season away wasn't much better lol.

I'm all for a new manager right now, don't think Wassell is up to it, but I can't excuse the players in that final 10 today.

Makes it worse knowing we have the red dogs next week.

And I should be there for that.

As I was last season where we chucked a lead and lost in the last minute.

Oh dear. We do fall apart a lot lol....

Was also at the brum 3-3.didn't maclaren say he didn't want to speak to the players for a few days after?  Perhaps DW should try that....or say he doesn't want to be friends anymore? 

2 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

And I should be there for that.

As I was last season where we chucked a lead and lost in the last minute.

Oh dear. We do fall apart a lot lol....

Was also at the brum 3-3.didn't maclaren say he didn't want to speak to the players for a few days after?  Perhaps DW should try that....or say he doesn't want to be friends anymore? 

Just heard DW interview today, your point above is relevant, can't believe he is protecting players by dodging bullets, grow some balls and give the lads two barrells ffs.

The buck stops with  Wassal, although in his Radio Derby interview he failed to accept responsibility.   He took off TWO holding players, in Thorne and Martin and put on Bent, who is a 6 touch a game player and cannot hold possession and Blackman, who he gave a run to because he felt obligated, who gives the ball away more than any another player.

We all know the limits of Best. He was a third or forth choice striker with us. He gave us the clearest indication of how bad our back four are. I checked with my Father, who confirmed that I was six when he told me NOT to pass across the face of your own penalty area.  It must have been the first rule of defending for me. I'll put this out there...Keogh, is an absolute lia-f*cking-bility. He is a fool of a man, an idiot.

So it only takes two to bring the club down. If I were Ince, Thorne or Hughes I'd be wanting to get as far away from this club as possible.

2 minutes ago, deano180 said:

Just heard DW interview today, your point above is relevant, can't believe he is protecting players by dodging bullets, grow some balls and give the lads two barrells ffs.

I don't think he was protecting them. He said it was unacceptable.

Up until now, apart commenting on his over the top praise after average to poor performances, I have avoided the stampede to criticise Wassell. However, after today, I am joining the herd.

Like the rest of us, at 3:0 with just 8 minutes remaining he must have thought the game was won. A couple of substitutions made sense. However, and you don't need the benefit of hindsight to realise, we just needed to see the game out - stay in control, keep our shape and discipline and hold on to the ball. The substitutions he made defies logic. I could have understood if the scoreline had been reversed and he'd decided to take a "nothing to lose gamble" in order to shake things up but, that was the last thing we needed.

Having said that, there's no need for personal insults such as describing him as idiotic or Mel as moronic (as someone described him on another thread),

8 minutes ago, unclej said:

The buck stops with  Wassal, although in his Radio Derby interview he failed to accept responsibility.   He took off TWO holding players, in Thorne and Martin and put on Bent, who is a 6 touch a game player and cannot hold possession and Blackman, who he gave a run to because he felt obligated, who gives the ball away more than any another player.

We all know the limits of Best. He was a third or forth choice striker with us. He gave us the clearest indication of how bad our back four are. I checked with my Father, who confirmed that I was six when he told me NOT to pass across the face of your own penalty area.  It must have been the first rule of defending for me. I'll put this out there...Keogh, is an absolute lia-f*cking-bility. He is a fool of a man, an idiot.

So it only takes two to bring the club down. If I were Ince, Thorne or Hughes I'd be wanting to get as far away from this club as possible.

Agree except for Keogh's gaffe.  35 yards from your own goal is hardly the edge of the box.  The pass wasn't even the worse bit.  It was fact he then didn't immediately get back in position...

I do like the way Blackman has gone from a 2m signing to a 3.5m signing to a 5m signing on this thread alone!

Inflating numbers to inflate a point doesn't work.

Back on topic, Brysons interview was superb afterwards, DW you should listen to it and go on some media training lessons.

Jeez, that was a **** result but at 3 up with a few minutes to play, I'd expect my mum and dad to come on and we'd not lose. Blame DW all you want (and I don't want him as manager past May) but the players on the pitch are more responsible for that capitulation than the manager. 

54 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

can I ask why you cannot voice your discontent without resorting to being so disrespectful?

It's not difficult to say that Wassall is not very good at his job without calling him an idiot. Gives an impression that you really lack intelligence, and then ultimately that your opinion isn't very important.

I'm well aware that my opinion isn't important. And I'm far from the only person to call Wassall an idiot or a moron today. He has displayed idiotic and moronic behaviour, both in his decision making and especially in his post-match interview. These words exist to be used, and while calling him an 'idiot' may seem disrespectful to someone like you who seems to have gotten swept up in this super-sensitive culture we live in, it's really not uncalled for after what he did and said today. Let me say as well that, like most, I hold Mel responsible for the debacle of him being manager. Also, as I said earlier, the red mist truly did come over me, but I don't take it back. Until I'm given reason to think otherwise, I consider the man to be an idiot. Whether or not it's pressure of the job making him act like one, I don't know.

7 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

There is a lot of unnecessary vitriol being spouted by some of you. Get a grip FFS.

How can moaning about throwing away a 3 goal lead, against the team 3rd from bottom, in 8 minutes be unnecessary??? 

I think we have every right to be hacked off with the man who's primarily responsible.  Changing the tactics that were successful for 80 minutes of the game makes no friggin sense to anybody!!!

3 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I'm well aware that my opinion isn't important. And I'm far from the only person to call Wassall an idiot or a moron today. He has displayed idiotic and moronic behaviour, both in his decision making and especially in his post-match interview. These words exist to be used, and while calling him an 'idiot' may seem disrespectful to someone like you who seems to have gotten swept up in this super-sensitive culture we live in, it's really not uncalled for after what he did and said today. Let me say as well that, like most, I hold Mel responsible for the debacle of him being manager. Also, as I said earlier, the red mist truly did come over me, but I don't take it back. Until I'm given reason to think otherwise, I consider the man to be an idiot. Whether or not it's pressure of the job making him act like one, I don't know.

so when you make a mistake at work, you expect to be called an idiot?

Archived