Who would you appoint next season?

DarkFruitsRam7

Who would you appoint next season?  

318 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David Moyes 3

Gary Rowett 3

Garry Monk 10/3

Nigel Pearson 7/2

Darren Wassall 6

Brendan Rodgers 14

Paul Ince 14

Igor Stimac 22

Gus Poyet 25

Steve McClaren 25

Alex McLeish 33

Kevin Phillips 33

Mark Warburton 33

Nigel Clough 33

Tim Sherwood 33

Billy Davies 40

Craig Short 40

15 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Betting shows they are still guessing with 4 managers between 3/1 and 7/2

Like a normal dodgy greyhound market

They ought to parade them around the pitch so we can get a good look at them, and see which ones stop for a piss etc before placing bets.

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I didn't click other, but I would like Alex Neil from Norwich. He is well fit.

As for the manager, I couldn't give a monkeys toss.

Alex Neil would make a good manager at Derby though. 

Is wine o'clock influencing,

• my ability to interpret this post
  • your ability to write this post
  • all of the above
  • neither of the above as you believe wine to be far too middle class for your sensibilities (in which case you are banned forthwith from the West Stand)

There are broadly six camps that we could look to;

The Out of Work Manager (Moyes, Pearson, Rodgers, Monk, Sherwood)

The In Work Manager (Warburton, Howe, Dyche, Mac, Clough)

The Used to be a Manager (Ince, Holloway, McLeish, P.Dwarf)

The Derby Way (Wassall, Rowett, Stimac, Carsley, Short)

The Up and Coming (Jimmy Floyd, Karl Robinson)

The Left Field (Poyet, Di Canio, K. Philips, Laudrup)

I still don´t have a scooby!

Rowett or Oscar Garcia for me. That guy did an incredible job at Brighton, only to be undone by one of our best displays in years. He's in Austria now (I think) so it'd be interesting to see if he'd come back.

Unpopular choice I know, but I'd personally give Mowbray some consideration as well.

Moyes would undoubtedly be a decent manager but I can't see Mel taking him given his style of football. O'Neill would be good but I'm not sure we'd get him here.

Wouldn't have Garcia here. Might have played for Barcelona but was very defensive minded when at Brighton. Heres my take on the potential candidates:

Rowett

Young, Hungry, up and coming manager, who you can class in the same bracket as Howe at ballmouth. He is probably Birmingham's top asset at the minute and would love him at the Rams, if he can be pried away. People are deluded when saying that he plays "boring" football. He has taken a group of bag average players who were on the verge of relegation at Birmingham, and transformed them into top 6 contenders. I would like to see any manager turn Paul Caddis into David Alaba...... it simply cant be done! He has developed an effective style at Birmingham with very limited resources. He also lives locally and is a former player. If Rowett arrives next season I would certainly be very optimistic about our future.

David Moyes

Very experienced coach who has managed at the top level. If the Rams appointed Moyes even more attention would be poured onto us. Not particularly keen on him as a manager simply down to the fact that it has been so long since he managed in the second tier. I also don't think he fits Mel's philosophy of attacking football, given his clean sheet obsession at the Toffees. I could also see a Macca style distraction if we were to do well with Moyes in charge. If any of the top flight showed an interest in him, I can see him going in a blik of an eye. This is exactly what we don't need and for that reason I'm out!

Brendon Rodgers

Living in dream land if anyone thinks he will come here. On the verge of the PL title and competing for the top four to a cold night away to Burton next season.... I really cant see Brendon making the step down. Yes, he does fit the style of play and "club philosophy" but there is no chance he will be in the championship any time soon.

Darren Wassall

Does anyone actually want Wassall in charge? I haven't spoken to a single Rams fan who seriously considers him as a candidate, has anyone else? I think the only way that he can convince fans this season that he is the right man for the job Is to get us up. But there is as much chance of me banging Margot Robbie based on the MK game. I will continue to stay behind the squad this season but Jeff Hendrick put it best in his Brentford pre match interview: "Its strange calling him "boss" around the place." That comment says it all in my opinion. This group of players are dying for a leader, and I'm afraid that Wassall simply doesn't tick that box.

Nigel Pearson

My personal choice for the job. Took Leicester from dissary in league one, to miraculous survival in the Premier League last season. Pearson is a leader of men and is just what our group of players need! Pearson plays an aggressive attacking game as I think most of us saw when they battered us at the King Power a coupe of seasons ago. The fact that he is available now annoys me the most. Come the summer the likes of Villa, Newcastle, etc will be looking for a coach and he will be very much "in demand." I say get him in now while he is available!!

All in all, there are a lot of options out there. This is the most important appointment in our recent history and I hope mel gets it right. Lets all stay behind the team and see where the next few weeks take us.

Keep the faith!

Up the Rams!

48 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Wouldn't have Garcia here. Might have played for Barcelona but was very defensive minded when at Brighton. Heres my take on the potential candidates:

Rowett

Young, Hungry, up and coming manager, who you can class in the same bracket as Howe at ballmouth. He is probably Birmingham's top asset at the minute and would love him at the Rams, if he can be pried away. People are deluded when saying that he plays "boring" football. He has taken a group of bag average players who were on the verge of relegation at Birmingham, and transformed them into top 6 contenders. I would like to see any manager turn Paul Caddis into David Alaba...... it simply cant be done! He has developed an effective style at Birmingham with very limited resources. He also lives locally and is a former player. If Rowett arrives next season I would certainly be very optimistic about our future.

David Moyes

Very experienced coach who has managed at the top level. If the Rams appointed Moyes even more attention would be poured onto us. Not particularly keen on him as a manager simply down to the fact that it has been so long since he managed in the second tier. I also don't think he fits Mel's philosophy of attacking football, given his clean sheet obsession at the Toffees. I could also see a Macca style distraction if we were to do well with Moyes in charge. If any of the top flight showed an interest in him, I can see him going in a blik of an eye. This is exactly what we don't need and for that reason I'm out!

Brendon Rodgers

Living in dream land if anyone thinks he will come here. On the verge of the PL title and competing for the top four to a cold night away to Burton next season.... I really cant see Brendon making the step down. Yes, he does fit the style of play and "club philosophy" but there is no chance he will be in the championship any time soon.

Darren Wassall

Does anyone actually want Wassall in charge? I haven't spoken to a single Rams fan who seriously considers him as a candidate, has anyone else? I think the only way that he can convince fans this season that he is the right man for the job Is to get us up. But there is as much chance of me banging Margot Robbie based on the MK game. I will continue to stay behind the squad this season but Jeff Hendrick put it best in his Brentford pre match interview: "Its strange calling him "boss" around the place." That comment says it all in my opinion. This group of players are dying for a leader, and I'm afraid that Wassall simply doesn't tick that box.

Nigel Pearson

My personal choice for the job. Took Leicester from dissary in league one, to miraculous survival in the Premier League last season. Pearson is a leader of men and is just what our group of players need! Pearson plays an aggressive attacking game as I think most of us saw when they battered us at the King Power a coupe of seasons ago. The fact that he is available now annoys me the most. Come the summer the likes of Villa, Newcastle, etc will be looking for a coach and he will be very much "in demand." I say get him in now while he is available!!

All in all, there are a lot of options out there. This is the most important appointment in our recent history and I hope mel gets it right. Lets all stay behind the team and see where the next few weeks take us.

Keep the faith!

Up the Rams!

Nicely put.

On Rowett, I also get the feeling that he'd walk over hot coals for the job. I'm sure that there's an agreement where clubs can't approach the managers of others in the same division during the season, which makes me wonder if Rowett is actually the main target.

I agree about Pearson. Ideal for the job and available now (barring some sort of contract clause from Leicester). I'd put money on us reaching the play-offs if he came in now, and if not, he'd know a lot more about the squad for when the summer transfer window opens. It just seems crazy to wait.

You'd assume, especially as Mel seems intent on taking his time, that they would have a long list of managers s that it doesn't matter so much if the top choice (or top 2/3 choices) are 95% certain not to want it so long as it doesn't go public that you were courting them (no one wants to be 4/5 choice!). Given that my personal list would be:

Howe

Rodgers

Rowett,

Warburton

Pearson

Jimmy Floyd,

Stimac

Monk,

Carsley,

With the thinking that Howe and Rogers would most likely say they have no interest but it's worth putting feelers out. 

Archived