Who would you appoint next season?

DarkFruitsRam7

Who would you appoint next season?  

318 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id be happy with rodgers & voted rodgers, think he's too big for us apparently 

to be honest id just be happy with a decent youngish managed that could be here for years to come and build something 

just realy dislike Pearson, were not going to get howe 

Who do we want and who would we get .. That's the thing.

so until he has had a dozen games and we've seen if he is any good then DW is my man. 

I have a sneaking admiration for Rogers as he did a good job at Swansea and they played attractive football but as others have said he may have an enlarged ego now so maybe we aren't sexy enough.

one thing for sure .. The right man could easily take us up with what we already have and make a real name for himself. Maybe We aren't a "super league club" but we have the potential to be more than also rans. 

I voted Rogers , I may be being naive but there is real potential with Derby to be in top ten clubs in England with our owner , our fan base TV money and all the facilities in place already,, it really comes down to if Rogers wanted to commit to long term job at Derby challenging for Europe every year and not just do a great 3 year job  and want off ,, only him and Mel can thrash that out , I fully believe PC would have been off like a shot for a bigger job ( in his mind) the minute he had any success and I think Mel Sussed that out very quickly , think PC thought he was far better than he actually is as a number 1 and just wanted big bucks spent to grab a fast success headline and then off, 

for all I don't agree with Mel first appointing PC and now wassel I do think he is looking for the right man who can see the potential at Derby and be a fergie type long term loyal coach , maybe Rogers is ideal , he s had a crack at one of the so called elite English top 5 and he may well think English football is now ripe for a club like Derby to get amongst them with the TV money sloshing round and the right owner in place, I know that's how I would sell it to Rogers and see if it excites him as a coach ,

all down to Mel though , I may not agree with all the choices he's made so far but I do believe he wants the best for Derby county 

2 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Warburton was my choice in the summer, still is.

In hindsight I am sure some people would say he is the man we should of gone for last summer. Would be delighted if we did get him in the summer. All depends on how Wassall does and how Rangers do I guess. 

Not sure on warburton ,  enough on his cv to be a top candidate for the Derby job as Mel sees it ? For me one decent season at Brentford at championship level don't tell me enough 

1 minute ago, archied said:

Not sure on warburton ,  enough on his cv to be a top candidate for the Derby job as Mel sees it ? For me one decent season at Brentford at championship level don't tell me enough 

Did he get Brentford promoted? And I guess if he gets Rangers promoted, all be it not being the most stand out of promotions its still on his CV. I guess its the type of football he got Brentford playing that would attract Mel rather than further achievements. If he is willing to give Wassall a chance then I can't see why he wouldn't be willing to give Warburton a go.

2 minutes ago, archied said:

one season at championship level where he finished above us, played good attacking and entertaining football and managed to keep them playing well despite the speculation and subsequent announcments of him leaving.

This is what I said about Clement last season

On 23/05/2015 at 23:51, davenportram said:

He's never been a manager. If it was a guy who's had coaching experience only and never been a manager but was coming from say Villa would we be as happy?

its a huge risk taking him on and paying him so much when he has no managerial experience at all.

not writing him off at all - just pointing out its not a decision that I'm 100% about and id rather have a manager with a) managerial experience and b) experience in this division.

Warburton for me is a better fit. Meets both points above and Brentford played fast attacking football which would suit our players if he came to us. As much of a round hole in a round peg as you could get - and less risky financially too

Many of those now slating the appointment of Wassall due to lack of experience kind of prove my first point.

I still say Warburton would be a good choice, but whoever comes in I will give time before I call for thier heads - Clough got plenty, Clement got a decent stab at it too. Be warned though, when I call for a managerial change it happens.

Warburton would be great but if rangers get promoted to the spl then he will be aiming for the title and the lure of european football which would probably be more attractive than the championship - (mels) money talks though

I don't like pearson - he did well with Leicester given time - he didn't do very well with hull

Moyes has probably/definitely got a point to prove id prefer him to pearson

Poyet played the pc way - nice but not attacking enough

Rogers/howe/o'neil - what have you been smoking? 

Rowett is interesting - i wonder if the crowd at shaun barkers testimonial will give it a chorus of 'sign him up'?

Archived