Who would you appoint next season?

DarkFruitsRam7

Who would you appoint next season?  

318 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, Daveo said:

He's built his own squad at Bournemouth, a club he knows very well, everything behind the scenes will be setup how he wants. A chairman that has backed him and will have money from being in the Prem.

Would be throw that all away and start all over again for a Championship club that haven't been in the top flight for years yet have fans with huge expectations, like to boo and believe they are much bigger than half the Prem?

Huge risk.

One man's risk is another man's challenge.

You have a good point but IMO it would depend on what he's looking for & whether he thinks he'd ever be likely to achieve more than lower half Prem with Bournemouth - which he's already done. You would have thought a time would come when he'd need somehting new to focus on.

All hypothetical anyway but I don't think it would be a huge risk. Fail at Derby and people would still remember the great success at Bournemouth and he's a young bloke who has plenty of time to take a few risks & recover from them if need be.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rodgers is a terrible manager in my opinion. I hope he thinks he is too big for us, when the reality is that we should be aiming higher. I am not really a fan of hiring another head coach or manager who needs to resurrect his career. Rodgers and Moyes would both fit in that category. We would have a similar situation to McClaren if we went down that route.

3 minutes ago, SilentRam said:

Rodgers is a terrible manager in my opinion. I hope he thinks he is too big for us, when the reality is that we should be aiming higher. I am not really a fan of hiring another head coach or manager who needs to resurrect his career. Rodgers and Moyes would both fit in that category. We would have a similar situation to McClaren if we went down that route.

Totally agree. 

Pearson all the way for me.

However, I think MM has a replacement lined up who is currently in work who won't/can't  take the job until the season end.

#notITK

I said other as I want us to hire someone who's currently in work. Hiring people who haven't started management or who have been recently sacked/can't find other work isn't very appealing to me, especially with the expectation this job has. If we're as big a club as people keep making out we should be able to attract the interest of good coaches who are currently doing well. 

9 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

One man's risk is another man's challenge.

You have a good point but IMO it would depend on what he's looking for & whether he thinks he'd ever be likely to achieve more than lower half Prem with Bournemouth - which he's already done. You would have thought a time would come when he'd need somehting new to focus on.

All hypothetical anyway but I don't think it would be a huge risk. Fail at Derby and people would still remember the great success at Bournemouth and he's a young bloke who has plenty of time to take a few risks & recover from them if need be.

A Howe challenge for me would be a club like Everton or Palace, he's proven he can take clubs up and also compete in the Prem whilst playing attacking football. Ok they've took the odd walloping but with better players you would see better results.

Derby would be a bit of a been there done that got the t shirt, still obviously a challenge given McClaren couldn't take us up and Clement failed to get us firing on all cylinders with £25m on top, I just don't see it being the next step on his career path to go effectively backwards. Same with Moyes and Rodgers, ex Man Utd & Liverpool managers dropping to the Championship? I just don't see it.

He's got a great squad at Bournemouth, knows the players well, if they was to come down and they could keep hold of them all, would be hard to not back them to walk the league.

Howe get's sacked, no other jobs available, possibly. Howe would have to balls up big time behind the scenes to get the sack tho.

Swansea fans I know wouldn't have Rodgers back, which tells me he's probably not all that. To.me he seems very much a Steve McClaren mk2 when he's onto a good think he can surff the good wave but when the chips are down he's not really able to turn things around. He's also wasted a ton of money in the doing. You think Clement wasted £25m, Schtevie waster £50m+ of Newcastle's money, wait until Brendan gets Mel's full backing for some overpriced dross. Plus he has a giant portrait of himself in his house, which seems a bit ostrich like. 

17 minutes ago, Daveo said:

A Howe challenge for me would be a club like Everton or Palace,

Probably and that's why I said that there would be Premier clubs ahead of us in the queue to sign him.

Like I said, all hypothetical anyway - aint going to happen unless a lot of stars all line up at the right time.

Martin O'Neill, a manager that has seen him take Christie, Keogh and Hendrick to the Euros.

Give me one good reason why not other than he used to play for Forest?

Not much else he can achieve with Ireland other than take them to the World Cup which they have 0.1% chance of ever winning.

Not sure who'll be available next summer but my option would be someone well-known name from Netherlands. Pretty much of all of them likes team to play meaningful, possession based football. And most of them are used to bring youngsters into first team.

Dick Advocaat did well with Sunderland, him and the puns would do for me.

Is it a Head-Coach. If so,Major decision would be director of football,

A Manager would require a complete u turn

Head-coach-Brendan Rogers.--good coach

Manager,,Moyes or Clough---- Moyes,run a steady ship at Everton--Clough ,done well with small budgets,and,reliable

If Nigel gets Burton Albion up, there would be a peasant revolt from down the A38 if tried to have him back. Plus Nigel is as stubbon as they come so I don't think he'd come back given how he left. Do you want an army of malt shovel armed brewers descending on Derby hell bent on causing death and destruction? Off topic, is it true you only ever rent Coors? 

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

If Nigel gets Burton Albion up, there would be a peasant revolt from down the A38 if tried to have him back. Plus Nigel is as stubbon as they come so I don't think he'd come back given how he left. Do you want an army of malt shovel armed brewers descending on Derby hell bent on causing death and destruction? Off topic, is it true you only ever rent Coors? 

There'd be a revolt in Derby, let alone anywhere else.

I find it absolutely unbelievable that some people genuinely think Pearson is better than Rodgers. Rodgers got a team promoted from the championship with far fewer resources at his disposal than Pearson and never looked like going down once he was there. He also guided Liverpool to a 2nd place finish when people were questioning if they would even get a champions league spot at the start of the season.

There is absolutely nothing in their comparitive records to even suggest that Pearson is on the same level as Rodgers.

Eddie Howe built the Burnley team Dyche took up, he took Bournemouth from the brink to Premiership football and god only knows how far he can take them judging by his improvements so far.. we wouldn't get him though because I think his love bournemouth wont allow him to leave again and they wont sack him.. and a lot of our fans don't like him, but then again their warming to Nigel Pearson who they hated only 2 weeks ago. 

I voted Nigel Pearson 

27 minutes ago, Anon said:

I find it absolutely unbelievable that some people genuinely think Pearson is better than Rodgers. Rodgers got a team promoted from the championship with far fewer resources at his disposal than Pearson and never looked like going down once he was there. He also guided Liverpool to a 2nd place finish when people were questioning if they would even get a champions league spot at the start of the season.

There is absolutely nothing in their comparitive records to even suggest that Pearson is on the same level as Rodgers.

Think it's mainly down to Pearson being more realistic than Rodgers. I would love Rodgers but think he would want a prem club

Archived