Who would you appoint next season?

DarkFruitsRam7

Who would you appoint next season?  

318 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 09/03/2016 at 14:02, RamNut said:

Jesus H 

i hope we never see john gregory back here.

it is very difficult to pick any credible candidate that we could get and would want to come.

what about paul Lambert?

did well at colchester and norwich. Did well at villa too initially until the transfer freeze. And lets face it, blackburn were much improved and looked pretty good the othe week? Even danny graham looked good?!

I don't think he'd faff about massaging ego's and would probably aim to build a young side. 

The surprising thing at the time was that Gregory had a very good reputation as an up-and-coming English manager and was at a then bigger, better-placed club and chose to abandon Villa to come to us. It seemed a remarkable act of loyalty to the club he'd also dropped into the third division to play for, not long after being an England international.

And the sad thing was that managing us totally destroyed his career.

38 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

The surprising thing at the time was that Gregory had a very good reputation as an up-and-coming English manager and was at a then bigger, better-placed club and chose to abandon Villa to come to us. It seemed a remarkable act of loyalty to the club he'd also dropped into the third division to play for, not long after being an England international.

It's a shame, but we really were terrible under him. I remember i well as that was around the time I started following the rams, after being more into airfix kits, books and skiving PE when i was little. He ordered the PA turned up and we got that win over Spurs....then so much hope for the new season....but we were terrible.

I kept thinking things would come good any time about....oh well....

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

When he came as a player he was virtually guaranteed a successful season and a promotion. The team that got out of the third division was playing great football at the time he joined. Ironically they faded and only just scraped it with a dodgy penalty decision v rotherham. Gregory captained the team that went straight through division 2 to another promotion. He was popular as a player but management tests an individual and we discover far more about their personality. When he came to us from villa my recollection is that he jumped before he was pushed. He never really got much opportunity to sign players and build his own team, but by the time he was gone many people were glad to see the back of him. Not least Lionel. I can't remember why to be honest. There were stories about his poor relationship with some players; petty stuff really.

13 hours ago, Jortat said:

Michael Laudrup .He doesn't have a club atm and his teams play very attractive football .

Good shout that. I'd be happy with him here. 

He won trophies at few clubs as a manager. 

Archived