Who would you appoint next season?

DarkFruitsRam7

Who would you appoint next season?  

318 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Only 4 players left from the team that pooped on us.

1Schmeichel

2de Laet

3KoncheskySubstituted forSchluppat 71'minutes

8James

5Morgan

18Moore

24Knockaert

4Drinkwater

35Nugent

9Vardy

11dyer

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/26/2016 at 09:56, Breadsall-Twit said:

Nah. Won't happen the reason he left Brentford was because they wanted the same structure we have - head coach not manager. 

Seems he wants full control so if he doesn't have all the say on transfers and is told to play a certain way think he would tell Mel in a more extreme way- thanks but no thanks.

Pearson i would take- Not quite sure he would be willing to adhere to a head coach role and to be told to play a certain way either but if he is allowed to manage how he wants I'd have faith he would get us up and keep us up like he did with Leicester.

10 hours ago, Anon said:

Is it just me who is confused as to how Nigel Pearson's stock has risen considerably since Claudio Ranieri took the team he nearly got relegated and turned them into title challengers? I have to wonder how many of the people currently hailing him as the second coming were as convinced of his talents 1 year ago.

You could flip this.

Leicester were in an Aston Villa-proportion slump last season and Pearson turned them around completely despite extreme criticism. For the final portion of the season their form was top 4. Ranieri has been brilliant but he's ridden that wave. If Pearson had stayed they'd be comfortable.

21 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

You could flip this.

Leicester were in an Aston Villa-proportion slump last season and Pearson turned them around completely despite extreme criticism. For the final portion of the season their form was top 4. Ranieri has been brilliant but he's ridden that wave. If Pearson had stayed they'd be comfortable.

You could flip it, but it doesn't take into account that a season is 38 games. It's pure speculation that Leicester would be comfortable under Pearson. Yes, Pearson turned Leicester around from a slump, a slump he was responsible for. There's an incredible amount of short termism in the modern game. At the end of last season Pearson became a genius after 12 good games and McClaren became a dunce because of around a dozen bad games. It didn't matter that one spent almost the entire season in the relegation zone and the other spent almost the entire season in the promotion places.

13 minutes ago, Anon said:

You could flip it, but it doesn't take into account that a season is 38 games. It's pure speculation that Leicester would be comfortable under Pearson. Yes, Pearson turned Leicester around from a slump, a slump he was responsible for. There's an incredible amount of short termism in the modern game. At the end of last season Pearson became a genius after 12 good games and McClaren became a dunce because of around a dozen bad games. It didn't matter that one spent almost the entire season in the relegation zone and the other spent almost the entire season in the promotion places.

Talking of short term-ism, have you checked out Ranieri's record prior to Leicester?

Football is so volatile that you can pretty much make the facts fit whatever agenda you choose.

8 hours ago, Anon said:

Look at it this way his objective was to get Leicester promoted.. achieved.  Then to stay up against the odds. Achieved.

Obviously he was sacked outside of footballing reasons but who knows what he could of done.

We are in a bit of a mess right now Pearson has experience in over coming that. Who is your suggestion?

Regards Warburton, it's not the head coach model that puts him off, it's not having a say, which apparently the Derby head coach still has - final veto. 

Leaving Brentford was also due to the drive towards a mathematical model of assessment and scouting. Warburton doesn't believe in making a half time team talk based on statistical data rather than based on what he's seen with his own eyes, or scouting players purely on a statistical model with no human influence. And I agree with him. And I want him here, he's my choice. 

On 2/18/2016 at 13:14, DCFCArmy said:

Ince needs it, Brendon can put an arm round him and call him his "baby", anyone who doesn't know the joke watch Jimmy Liddell the deluded scouser 

I wonder how Ince would react to Nigel Pearsons form of motivation doubt it would be an arm round the shoulder.

2 hours ago, Simsy said:

Look at it this way his objective was to get Leicester promoted.. achieved.  Then to stay up against the odds. Achieved.

Obviously he was sacked outside of footballing reasons but who knows what he could of done.

We are in a bit of a mess right now Pearson has experience in over coming that. Who is your suggestion?

I'm trying not to think about who we should appoint because I don't see an obvious candidate and it's a little premature as we all know Wassall is in until, at least, the end of the season.

8 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Can we not do it like the match ratings?

Use survey monkey to pick the formation and players and also have a selection of 'team talk phrases' to vote on.

Democratic Football Management.

Do you remember the Ebbsfleet United project? A non-league club asked for small investors to contribute a nominal sum and the club would be run as a co-operative. It's not the worst idea in the world as this is essentially how fan owned clubs like Exeter and Wimbledon function, but many of the Ebbsfleet investors were daft gits who assumed it would be like a game of Football Manager and they really would be voting on team selections and the like.

Archived