Who would you appoint next season?

DarkFruitsRam7

Who would you appoint next season?  

318 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd love it if Eddie got the job; alas there is zero chance of that happening. Similarly for Rodgers, he will be Mac's replacement. 

The Breadman will want to manage in the SPL and so in my view will remain with Rangers. 

Moyes won't drop into the Championship and Daveo is as inexperienced as Clement. This leaves the other Nige, Martin O'Neill and Davros bringing up the rear. 

I reckon it'll be Martin. 

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe Daveo has got more votes than Wassall! I admit that I voted for Rodgers, Not that I think that we'll get him but he would be my choice (let's face it Jose "the chosen one" isn't going to come here), but Daveo rather than Wassall! Hopefully he will turn the club around, play exciting, attacking football with 4-0 wins every week. I can't see it happening but I would love it to happen. He could be the next great thing. There's only one way to find out.

It's an interesting one:

Nigel Pearson - my choice, personally. I think it helps that he's been at this level, by that I don't mean Championship, I just mean our level of club and expectations, for a few years and knows how to handle a situation similar to ourselves well. The cons are all to see: he's not exactly the most media friendly person and he does have a certain 'way' about him. Despite that, I think he built a fantastic camaraderie with the players and had really had the players pulling in the same direction. 

Brendan Rodgers - I'm 99% sure he won't come if given all the funds in the world. He's an excellent choice, don't get me wrong, but it's a pipe dream in my opinion. The cons are that he's arguably going to be on a lot of money with a lot of demands. It's a backwards move from his point of view. I'd worry about his appetite for the job personally. 

David Moyes - He'd be an excellent choice. I can't see why people would be against him, especially when you consider what he did with Everton. I know people struggle to see past the United job, but he's been proven for years and he's generally had a very good career. Again, I would worry about his appetite for the job and the fact he hasn't been at this 'level' since 2002. 

Darren Wassall - if he was to get it right and come up trumps, he would be the ideal candidate. It remains to be seen though, but it's one hell of an ask! 

Eddie Howe - I don't think for one second he would come, even more so than any other manager in the list, but he would be a great choice. I know Mel rates him very highly and I'd think we would push the boat out for him should the opportunity ever present itself. Nevertheless, when you consider what happened when he went to Burnley, citing 'homesickness', it would still be a risk. It's impossible to overlook his recruitment. 

Gary Rowatt - He's done an excellent job. I think he would be the more sensible gamble, if we was to take one, but it would be a big change for him. If you imagine he would be going from a club that struggles to get a pot to piss in to one that will give him the tools to do the job, it would be interesting to see how he reacts. I'd support him should we move for him though, you can't knock his work at Burton or Birmingham. He's done real fine job. 

Gary Monk - I never bought into the amount of hype and praise he got at Swansea. I think he's a solid manager and he'll do well but I don't think he's the best we can have. For me, Rowatt has shown more ability than Monk despite their different starting points. 

So yeah, I see Pearson as the natural fit. If I was Mel, I would be tempted to go for the steady, solid choice. 

5 hours ago, Rambling said:

Chris Hughton

I think we have missed the boat on on his appointment as the new Derby Manager, probably the one man who has the calming balance to move the club forward in the right way & satisfy our Chairman's remit after our recent up's & down's.

Pearson - big bully 7/2

rodgers - big turkey 14/1

moyes - big flop 3/1

ince - big error - 16/1

igor - big ego 18/1

rowett - big ficko 8/1

Daveo - big Barry White - 100/1

Rowett for me, which makes me think am I being sentimental? But that's his advantage, despite sounding posh on the radio :ermm: really think fans would get behind him.

The way his blues team played encourages me as to what style of football he would adopt. He clearly gets his players going and to buy in to what he's saying, so seems a real motivator. Despite how he might come across, he also clearly sees a game evolving, how to spot weaknesses in the opposition and understands how to change mid game. 

Given what he's done with limited resources at Burton and Brum, it would be interesting to see what he could do with a full tool kit. 

Doubt he will move though.

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

Pearson - big bully 7/2

rodgers - big turkey 14/1

moyes - big flop 3/1

ince - big error - 16/1

igor - big ego 18/1

rowett - big ficko 8/1

Daveo - big Barry White - 100/1

where's the real RamNut gone? he wasn't anti-everything

Sometimes you've just gotta think outside the box. 

Just seen a bloke on Sky Sports News, 26 International caps, 240 games in La Liga scoring 60 goals, 243 matches for Premier League clubs scoring 72 goals, won the Copa Del Rey, Cup Winners Cup twice, UEFA Super Cup, FA Cup, Charity Shield and the Copa America during his playing career.

Won League One in his first season in management, took a Championship team to the play offs and managed an under achieving outfit in the Premier League whilst whilst taking them to the League Cup final.

Moved abroad coaching on a short term contract which runs out at the end of this season, his club are presently second in its national league after years of turmoil and who recently sacked their previous coach after disagreement with the owners.

.................Gus Poyet

6 hours ago, Reithe glas said:

Chris Hughton is proving himself to be a really decent manager. I'd love to get him here but would he leave Brighton and what would it take?

More than a miracle I would think. He's transformed Brighton but of course he has been given the time to do so. I don't think he's purchased one bad player since he's been there, & without spending ridiculously stupid amounts of money. He came available at just the right time for Brighton it seems, as he knows this league inside out. I'm beginning to think he will get them up this season as they now have the strength of squad to do so.

Archived