Who would you appoint next season?

DarkFruitsRam7

Who would you appoint next season?  

318 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I just have a feeling we will end up with Gary rowett, which will be a major step backwards in my opinion.

I disagree, he's done excellent jobs at both of the clubs he's been at and I personally would like him to come. However, I know at Burton he played safety first, cautious football (not too sure whether it's been the same at Birmingham) and surely that would mean Mel wouldn't want him, as he doesn't play the 'Derby Way'. I would love him but just can't see it happening.

8 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I disagree, he's done excellent jobs at both of the clubs he's been at and I personally would like him to come. However, I know at Burton he played safety first, cautious football (not too sure whether it's been the same at Birmingham) and surely that would mean Mel wouldn't want him, as he doesn't play the 'Derby Way'. I would love him but just can't see it happening.

Mel would want him cos he's still getting 7/10 out of players, and playing to their strengths. The Derby way is about sustainability .

Giggs

why not, if people think we can get Howe or Rodgers or Moyes then why not Giggs. He needs to walk away from Utd if he'll be a manager himself, he won't stay if Jose gets the job there so why not  

Anyone other than Pearson (well not anyone Sherwood would be horrific). I would not want that crazed man in charge and see him as a McCarthy, Warnock type the old cliché of "they know how to get out of the championship " yeah and then do nothing else. If we want a legacy, to instil an ethos at the club we need better than a quick fix "get us out the league" type. 

1 hour ago, Daveo said:

Quick shout out to my homies, Gypo and RamLad, I'll be sure to bare you both in mind for jobs when I'm appointed, jobs for the boys and all that

56c5c6b12aaa4_ScreenShot2016-02-18at13.2

I just assumed that MM wanted someone with clear football knowledge but no real experience, next diamond in the rough and all that ;)

Out of the list above Pearson & Rogers are obviously the best candidates but I doubt either of them would want the job to be honest.  Both of them have ideas slightly above their stations and will wait for stable, mid-table Prem side to advertise before throwing their hats in the ring.  As for the rest - 

Moyes - They'd be plenty of games like Saturday's if he was in charge.

Howe - I'd be astonished if he left Bournemouth for anything other than a top 10 Prem side.  Do you really think Bournemouth would let him walk out to another Championship side if they were to be relegated???

Wassell - On Saturday's performance, I'd rather give myself syphilis...  Again :ph34r:

Ever since Schteve was sacked I've been saying Mark Warburton and I'm not changing my tune now.

Brendan Rodgers realistically isn't going to come here. I'm happy to be proved wrong but I really don't see it. He took Swansea up and got them playing great football and finishing in the top half. He then moved to Liverpool where he didn't do awfully bad, he did manage to get them to one slip away from winning the PL.

So why would he drop down to the Championship? Unless we got promoted, in which case DW deserves the job. Like I said I'd be very happy and very surprised for him to come here, but I really doubt it'll happen.

7 hours ago, SecretDave said:

Martin O'Neill for me, if we can get him.  I know he's currently out of contract after Euro 2016!

He was the original 'Raise the roof' rumour after the LoG ousted the Amigos.

9 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Eddie Howe would be good but realistically only an option if Bournemouth get relegated (or we get promoted), surely.

My vote is Brendan Rogers on the assumption that we don't go up. If we do, then it'd be hard not to offer it to Wassall.

Eddie Howe ??????. Now you really are dreaming. I can just see him giving up everything he has created at Bournemouth in recent years to come & work for our Chairman. If you were one of those utterly amazed at Paul Clements dismissal, then the appointment of Eddie Howe as the new Derby County manager would be the football surprise of the century.

2 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

As daft as it may sound. Ian Holloway. Proven at this level

Not a bad choice, but after what I heard him say what he thought about our Chairmans interference on a Sky Live game recently I don't think he'd touch us with a barge pole.

Archived