Depression, anxiety, stress and other related issues

Mostyn6

On 10/02/2018 at 00:27, Gypsy Ram said:

Long time sufferer, long time reader of this thread. Just thought Its a sign of weeknes, sorry. Do the nhs doctors whom are younger than 25 even understand how they could deal with it when they have no life experienc (and I'm not even that older)? Doctors abroad are just as bad. Been in a rut for a couple of years. Can't even start to tell you how terrible the science behind mental health illness in the uk is. I don't know what to say anymore. Sorry to say this. But it's a real issue. You do realise the highest cause of death in the uk for males from 30 to 45 is suicide. And i don't even live in the UK. Grrr

Sign of strength saying something mate and it’s a national disgrace the state of the country’s mental health services.

Hope you’re ok mate,give us a shout if you’re not?

• 4 weeks later...
Sith Happens
20 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Have you got an appointment today @Paul71?

Let us know how you get on mate?

Yeah, assessment for next options on therapy. Will let you know, cheers.

Sith Happens
10 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Have you got an appointment today @Paul71?

Let us know how you get on mate?

Had my assessment, was quite lengthy, sometimes hard at times to say how you feel.

Agree I need some 1-2-1 therapy and putting me on the waiting list.. The waiting list is about 15 weeks long though, but at least its some progress.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Had my assessment, was quite lengthy, sometimes hard at times to say how you feel.

Agree I need some 1-2-1 therapy and putting me on the waiting list.. The waiting list is about 15 weeks long though, but at least its some progress.

That’s good mate,anything that’s positive can only be good.

That’s the only way you can approach it.

Always here if you need to chew the fat?

Sith Happens

All fun and games for me now, got into work yesterday to be informed I am one of around 90 people who's role are at risk of redundancy, this of course means I will be made redundant.

We were pulled into a meeting for it, and had all on not having full on panic attack, felt it coming on, but kept quiet. Think they knew I wasn't in a good place but I couldnt really say much. Got my consultation meeting tomorrow, but fully expecting to be on the job trail very soon.

Not what I needed right now.

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

All fun and games for me now, got into work yesterday to be informed I am one of around 90 people who's role are at risk of redundancy, this of course means I will be made redundant.

We were pulled into a meeting for it, and had all on not having full on panic attack, felt it coming on, but kept quiet. Think they knew I wasn't in a good place but I couldnt really say much. Got my consultation meeting tomorrow, but fully expecting to be on the job trail very soon.

FFS!!!

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Maybe it’ll be a blessing in disguise.

If you’re still having panic attacks at work I’d say you’re not well enough to be there, or at least, that work situation is still not conducive to your well being. Nothing is more important than your health, and continued exposure to high stress levels is not going to make things better. 

Could redundancy be the opportunity to take time out and rethink what you really want to be doing? 

Sith Happens
29 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Maybe it’ll be a blessing in disguise.

If you’re still having panic attacks at work I’d say you’re not well enough to be there, or at least, that work situation is still not conducive to your well being. Nothing is more important than your health, and continued exposure to high stress levels is not going to make things better. 

Could redundancy be the opportunity to take time out and rethink what you really want to be doing? 

Its a thought I have had. I think I just want it over, hopefully it will be a quick process with no requirements to work notice periods.

Sith Happens
16 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

That's crap mate,can you play holding midfield?

I was an ok goalie, but not sure i'll trouble Scott for his place lol.

• 2 weeks later...
Sith Happens
9 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

What’s happening mate?

Are you ok?

Morning.

Yeah im ok, im off work anyway on annual leave right now. Doesnt look like i will have to work any notice period, so by the time my holiday is up i wont have long left at work.

Had one consultation meeting so far, have to have another two so they will have to be in the space of a few days when i get back.

Made my mind up im better going as quickly as possible and looking for something else.

Hope all is good with you and yours.

16 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Morning.

Yeah im ok, im off work anyway on annual leave right now. Doesnt look like i will have to work any notice period, so by the time my holiday is up i wont have long left at work.

Had one consultation meeting so far, have to have another two so they will have to be in the space of a few days when i get back.

Made my mind up im better going as quickly as possible and looking for something else.

Hope all is good with you and yours.

****!

How are you health wise(if you don’t mind me asking).

Sith Happens
Just now, coneheadjohn said:

****!

How are you health wise(if you don’t mind me asking).

Not too bad cheers, blood counts were better last time i went which was good.

Back end of April so fingers crossed still ok.

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

Not too bad cheers, blood counts were better last time i went which was good.

Back end of April so fingers crossed still ok.

Good,we’ll keep our fingers crossed for you with everything.

We were back in yesterday(routine)and it always makes me think about everyone else.

Cheersfor the update.