upcoming gigs

rezner

Madness at the Notts arena tonight were a bloody brilliant pre Christmas party night. Supported by about 10 tracks from the Lightning Seeds as a more than decent warm up (no 3 lions though :()

Madness though appeal to all ages, so had to take my kids on a school night, well worth it as Suggsy and crew are a real feel good laugh, must have played 25 or so tracks in a right mix of new, old and older. Just felt like the party from beating the red dogs carried on.

Funny the always raise the lights to the monty python, always look on the bright side of life, I found myself singing always **** on the red side of the Trent :lol:

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Madness at the Notts arena tonight were a bloody brilliant pre Christmas party night. Supported by about 10 tracks from the Lightning Seeds as a more than decent warm up (no 3 lions though :()

Madness though appeal to all ages, so had to take my kids on a school night, well worth it as Suggsy and crew are a real feel good laugh, must have played 25 or so tracks in a right mix of new, old and older. Just felt like the party from beating the red dogs carried on.

Funny the always raise the lights to the monty python, always look on the bright side of life, I found myself singing always **** on the red side of the Trent :lol:

Madness are always brilliant. Proper party night like you say. 

Its the only music that men look better dancing to......

21 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Saw them at Newmarket races, bloody brilliant.. Loads of 50 year old geezers havin a right old time.

Was with some yoof as well and they also loved it. You can't go wrong really.

9 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Saw them at Newmarket races, bloody brilliant.. Loads of 50 year old geezers havin a right old time.

Was with some yoof as well and they also loved it. You can't go wrong really.

Probably there the same time, I do those Newmarket Nights. Yeah loadsa Baldies with Fez's or Hats to hide their follicle challenges ;)

On 13/12/2016 at 01:25, Zag zig said:

Were they supported by the Lightning Seeds or was it a tape? I saw the Seeds in Nottingham in 97 on the Jollification tour. Absolutely brilliant gig.

10 hours ago, richinspain said:

Were they supported by the Lightning Seeds or was it a tape? I saw the Seeds in Nottingham in 97 on the Jollification tour. Absolutely brilliant gig.

Lightning Seeds with none other than Mr Ian Brodie himself. Came back on near the end of Madness too, as Suggsy asked him to take a bow.

Egokills. Worth checking if you like Guns n' Roses, Alice In Chains or In Flames. Weird mix of them all, but darn good musicians. Not a massive fan of the vocals, too close to Axl Rose for my liking, but works live.(And few of them are vivid football fans!)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/18/2017 at 13:38, AmericanRam said:

Bought ticket this morning for Blackberry Smoke in April:D.

Was an awesome concert this past Friday, definitely plan on seeing them again in the future.

Next concert I am going to is to see Kings of Leon in Raleigh two weeks from now.

Latest upcoming list:

Imelda May (Ipswich) - Tonight

Frank Turner (London)

Depeche Mode (London)

Skids (Cambridge)

Cheap Trick (London)

Jesus and Mary Chain (Norwich)

Sparks (London)

The Beat (Bury)

Selecter (Bury)

Alice Cooper (London)

Peter Hook (Norwich)

Butlins Alternative - Skids, Buzzcocks, Ruts etc (Skegness)

Shine: Embrace, Wedding Present; Levellers, Happy Mondays etc (Minehead)

Busy bee!

11 hours ago, BondJovi said:

The almighty Iron Maiden in Sheffield next week, be the 4th time I've seen them.

Saw them, for the first time, in Stafford in 1980 supporting KISS, just before they sacked Paul Di'anno (sp?).

On 04/05/2017 at 10:35, McRamFan said:

Saw them, for the first time, in Stafford in 1980 supporting KISS, just before they sacked Paul Di'anno (sp?).

I saw them twice at the Assembly Rooms in 1980 (what a time for local gigs that was! - there were so many I had to pick and choose based on what I could afford - even at £2.50 per ticket)

Even though he was a better singer, I went off Maiden when Bruce arrived and haven't seen them live since - just not the same without the raw-ness that Di'Anno brought.....used to be great banter at the Derby gigs as well due to their support for West Ham....

Archived