upcoming gigs

rezner

10 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Nah, you can use the canal system to cut down the mileage, swim towards Leics then pickup the Grand Union heading sarf.

Don't use the canals, they're too busy like the M1, you'll be down a crawl within minutes. 

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

You could board a canal boat from the poop deck and hitch a ride.

I never knew they had a deck just for that.

6 minutes ago, eddie said:

I never knew they had a deck just for that.

the aftermost and highest deck of a ship, especially in a sailing ship where it typically forms the roof of a cabin in the stern.

Interestingly, there's also a restaurant in Devon called The Poop Deck..

8 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

the aftermost and highest deck of a ship, especially in a sailing ship where it typically forms the roof of a cabin in the stern.

Interestingly, there's also a restaurant in Devon called The Poop Deck..

Do you have any seamen on your poop deck?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 17 June 2016 at 02:07, i-Ram said:

Saw Coldplay tonight. Far from the perfect setlist IMO but they know how to play and thoroughly entertain a large crowd. 9/10

Funny, that's exactly how I described them last time round when I watched them at the Ricoh, maybe they mess with their set lists so as not to be repetitive.

Jammy seeing them, missed out on tickets but saw highlights of Glastonbury and they looked great; still on the iplayer a little while if anybody wants a watch.

Made the decision to go to Splendour last night.......only to find out its all sold out :( so if anyone knows of any tickets going :thumbsup:

46 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Made the decision to go to Splendour last night.......only to find out its all sold out :( so if anyone knows of any tickets going :thumbsup:

Go anyway, you can get free entry to the park, and sit there drinking your own beer and eating your own food 50yds from the stage.

Obviously you won't see the acts, but you'll hear them well enough.

Next gigs:

Embrace - the 21st time I have seen them. (The Secret Festival, Leeds)

The Frank and Walters (Borderline, London)

Stranglers, UK Subs, Blockheads, Tubes, Black Grape etc (Butlin's Alternative, Skegvegas)

Happy Mondays, Stone Roses, Oasis tributes (This is Madchester, Norwich)

The Wedding Present (Aquarium, Lowestoft)

The venues are spread far and wide!

They all sound a bit 'old fart' but last weekend  I was at Latitude Festival  and saw some more up-to date acts. The Augustine's, Frightened Rabbit, Tired Lion, The Anchoress, Slaves, New Order, Maccabees, Christine and The Queens, Squeeze, Teleman, John Grant, Chvrches, M83 and the Magic Gang. Then saw Belly in Norwich the next night. 

They all sound a bit 'old fart' but last weekend  I was at Latitude Festival  and saw some more up-to-date acts. The Augustine's, Frightened Rabbit, Tired Lion, The Anchoress, Slaves, New Order, Maccabees, Christine and The Queens, Squeeze, Teleman, John Grant, Chvrches, M83 and the Magic Gang. Then saw Belly in Norwich the next night. 

Not a gig as such. Next month off to Liverpool   to see the jam exhibition about the young idea. It was in London last year . Been a massive fan of the jam. Went to see them at Lancaster  university in 1979 when I was 15. Anyone in Liverpool get yourself there. The exhibition is on until  the end of September. 

3 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Catfish and The Bottlemen, Derby Arena

Bastille, Birmingham NIA

Panic! At The Disco, Alexandra Palace

And hopefully (tickets on sale Friday) - Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed and In Flames at Notts Motorpoint.

Very very excited for that last one.

I'll be at Derby Arena for Catfish and the Bottlemen (November 5th). I can't bloody wait.

Archived